General Yuzuru Chat

I missed yuzu a lot today. Although I got to see some of my other favorite skaters get medals at NHK, it all felt bittersweet and I'll admit I got kind of emotional. It's just saddening and I can't wait for the day we get to see yuzu skate again. I wish for his full recovery everyday, I hope it reaches him. :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

4 hours ago, DancingFeather said:

Yuzuru continues to move people all over the world: with his skate, with his words, with his injury.

Prepare your handkerchiefs!

I savored this vimeo of all the fanyus around the world and it's very moving  : snonegai:: yes the light will shine at the bottom of the tunnel and GANBATTE Yuzu and here is a video that confirms his coming to NHK, but ...... and Shoma and Kaori won these NHK which will give a little balm to the hearts of the Japanese people 

25 分, Fayさんが言いました:

A nice air view of a perfect 4T3T 

I really love how smooth Yuzu's combos are. :loveeyes:

Many skaters need some time to reset their arms and position to jump another toe loop (including myself lol). But with Yuzu, the preparation of the 2nd jump is already included in the 1st landing and so it doesn't disrupt the flow of the combo.

Just found out about the SP music with Saint-Saens Intro to Rondo Capriccioso... amazing! As someone who has played a string instrument myself for many years, I'm a bit of a purist and will be skeptical of a piano-only arrangement but if there's ANYONE who could change my mind about it, it's Yuzu for sure :) Sorry if this was discussed before but was it confirmed that SP was definitely going to be a piano-only piece? Given his "violin reference" in Origin I could see him going for the original violin/orchestra version? (at least the musician in me really hopes so)

Also, sorry if someone has already mentioned this (haven't been able to catch up on the pages of comments that materialized in my short absence), but of course Saint-Saens is also the composer of the famous Swan melody (Le Cygne), on which the song Notte Stellata is based :hairflip:

2 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

What jsf did this time?Cant open the link

From what I gather, someone who is allegedly connected to JSF (I am not sure about it) repeats the tabloid speculations that Yuzuru's injury was not serious and he just used it as an excuse to avoid going against Shoma. I might be completely off though, we need a good and accurate translation. 

Guest Mary_kyo
2 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

What jsf did this time?Cant open the link

Spoiler

There are brief translations in the thread. Ok, well, if I understood correctly, they are pushing him to go to nationals because of obvious financial advantages. They are pretending that his injury is not severe and they use the updates from paparazzi and gossip tabloid who stalk him in the midnight as the evidence. Instead of condemning stalking behavior, they use their update on tv and the person who did it is Minoru Sano. They are claiming Shoma could have gotten gold in 2018 if he had landed his 4Lo there, which is not true, considering their score gap. (meanwhile the real question should be whether Shoma even deserved his silver but idc). Shoma saying he also has an ankle injury but did his best to win and the news obviously bold it for not good intentions. Not sure how true this is but Shoma is back to his adoring Nathan phase again and praised Nathan as the best etc etc he is confident on his ability to beat Yuzu etc etc but this is sport so I don’t find it a big deal myself. The invited judging panel in NHK involved several judges with the past of severe underscoring Yuzu, invalidating his spins, being overly generous to Nathan, etc… The media is also writing pages on conspiracy rumors from antis which I rather not to get into details but it’s easy to guess what they are (like using injury as strategy, does he deserve to go to Olympics if he doesn't participate in nationals, etc).   Literally, no one really has his back, in the most sensitive time of injury. It's hard for me to understand how stupid they could get to throw their own star under the bus, in the Olympic season. It's like treating a jewelry as a trash. I always feel they want to spread this narrative that Yuzu is replaceable, past his prime and is only a regular skater atm.

6 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:
  Hide contents

There are brief translations in the thread. Ok, well, if I understood correctly, they are pushing him to go to nationals because of obvious financial advantages. They are pretending that his injury is not severe and they use the updates from paparazzi and gossip tabloid who stalk him in the midnight as the evidence. Instead of condemning stalking behavior, they use their update on tv and the person who did it is Minoru Sano. They are claiming Shoma could have gotten gold in 2018 if he had landed his 4Lo there, which is not true, considering their score gap. (meanwhile the real question should be whether Shoma even deserved his silver but idc). Shoma saying he also has an ankle injury but did his best to win and the news obviously bold it for not good intentions. Not sure how true this is but Shoma is back to his adoring Nathan phase again and praised Nathan as the best etc etc he is confident on his ability to beat Yuzu etc etc but this is sport so I don’t find it a big deal myself. The invited judging panel in NHK involved several judges with the past of severe underscoring Yuzu, invalidating his spins, being overly generous to Nathan, etc… The media is also writing pages on conspiracy rumors from antis which I rather not to get into details but it’s easy to guess what they are (like using injury as strategy, does he deserve to go to Olympics if he doesn't participate in nationals, etc).   Literally, no one really has his back, in the most sensitive time of injury. It's hard for me to understand how stupid they could get to throw their own star under the bus, in the Olympic season. It's like treating a jewelry as a trash. I always feel they want to spread this narrative that Yuzu is replaceable, past his prime and is only a regular skater atm.

Thanx for the info.I dont get it why his own country treats him like that.I get it if ISU acts likes that since they have their own agenda..and Shoma really said that?i always thought that he always polite and respect Yuzu.

Unpopular opinion and this is only on the rubbish basis Japan makes their decision on who will be representing them at the Olympics (but that is a different topic that deserves its own tantrum). 

Based on their current selection method, I do agree that Yuzu should not be chosen to go to the Olympics if he hasn’t participated in any competitions. While his injury is unfair, it’s also unfair to leave out any skater who has been able to compete consistently during the past year. But I’m obviously not a federation with financial interest and I wish all athletes had the same fair chances. Does that make sense?

That being said, I’m a massive advocate for choosing athletes based on ranking and not who wins what tournament. It’s an overall view of performances taking into consideration everything that happened in the past 4 years and not just the last 2-4 months. 

I the media is always going to be the media. Anything to rile up a specific focus group like us and get clicks. Unfortunately most people fall into that trap and give all parties involved exactly what they want.

Guest Mary_kyo
50 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

and Shoma really said that?i always thought that he always polite and respect Yuzu.

That’s what I understood, maybe I got it wrong. Also even if Shoma really said that, this is sport and rivals are not always kind/considerate toward each other. 

The problem is that I doubt media treats Yuma or Shoma like that. Considering how much of glory Yuzu brought for his country, I was expecting at least a little bit of sympathy for him. Where did all the recent talks about “mental health” of legendary athletes go?

Hmmm, I think Yuzu should actually be chosen to go to Olympics because he had consistent good results in the past 3 years, post Olympics. Currently, he is the only Japanese skater who scored above 300 frequently. So, although I would feel bad for skaters like Shun but Yuzu is very deserving to represent his country IF he is able to compete by that time. However, if in the nationals, Yuma and Shoma wouldn’t both make the top two, that would be hard to choose. What a hard unfair season for Yuzu tbh.