General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, KendallKlaire said:

Oh it hurts so much knowing we could have seen Yuzu this weekend

It really does - it seems worse to me this time than 2017/2018 period awaiting Yuzuru's return (but then they say pain fades with time don't they! Plus there was a fabulous outcome on that occasion to help forget the pain!!). it's only been a short time this time but the intensity of missing Yuzuru seems greater to me - probably Covid and not seeing him perform very often since Feb 2020 has something to do with it....) 

Edit: or maybe I just adore him more!! It's a distinct possibility :67638860:

1 hour ago, river said:

As for costuming - either dark red or black. Or I riot. (Who am I kidding. In Satomi we trust. He'll look great.)

Not black for new SP costume, because I am still confident that we will see LMEY in Beijing Gala 2022. Not red either for a piano piece.

I love dark colors on Yuzu, they look so powerful. For Ten to Chi to, I think he changes the costume color a little bit. Well, that's only my personal preference of course. But the costumes will be SPARKLY, yess! 

Isn't it awesome that we can look forward to every (new) thing of Yuzu's next competition? For example, we would overlook mediocre costumes if they hadn't been one of Yuzuru's strong points so far. But honestly, is there anything we expect to not be delighted with? As long as he shows up healthy, obviously.

4 hours ago, birnasan said:

So... I just realized that Mendelssohn's Rondo Capriccioso has an introduction... Of course, the title "Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso" usually refers to Saint-Saëns. But what if someone wanted to skate to Mendelssohn and renamed it to keep it secret until the very last minute? He wouldn't do that, would he? :confused:

His bio says "序奏とロンドカプリチオーソ." It usually is the Japanese title of the piece by Saint-Saëns.

13 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

To be very honest, all these exciting news (SP, 4F, etc) are like big stabs in my heart. Just because you can see how much he has worked hard and prepared but the universe didn’t let it happen in the last minute. I cannot imagine how he must be feeling right now. The time and effort he has to put now for recovering and getting back into form again…. :( 

On the bright side, I know his SP will be magical, he is not the type to rely on the music to be brilliant so whatever he skates to will be stunning. It also looks like he has a long plan to do all quads in a program, so he isn’t just going for the 4A and say bye bye. maybe I’m delusional but I hope he will stay around for another few seasons to see the complete fruits of his efforts. It will be interesting to see how he can manage to do this without sacrificing the program quality. Sigh, I hope he will have the luck on his side from now on. Please, universe, I beg.

8 hours ago, Pammi said:

Oh I miss Yuzuru sooooo much I have that familiar pain in my chest after all this exciting (but sad too) news, how I long to see him skating!

5 hours ago, KendallKlaire said:

Oh it hurts so much knowing we could have seen Yuzu this weekend...Please heal and rest up! 

I believe things happen for a reason.  I would like to think the timing is not right yet, the forces of the Universe are still coming together and the stars are still aligning for him, hence he has to take a pause here. I am waiting patiently and calmly for his injury to heal well so that he can continue the next phase of his transformation.

While missing him and his skating on ice, I’m really excited to hear of his new SP music choice, him landing 4F and really looking forward to his new costume! I cannot imagine any other skaters that can elicit such emotional responses during his absence in a competition.

I pray that with the delayed gratification Yuzu and all his supporters are forced to practice now, we will be rewarded with two ideal performances from him when the time comes. Am I asking too much?

2 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Something white and gold?

That's what first pops into my mind anyway. Maybe a shirt but waaaaay frillier (yea I know, Yuzu and dress shirt?? Inconceivable. But think of regency era shirtwaist with ruffles etc...). White shirt with gold striping for accent, and then dark velvety trousers (...burgundy? Well, something deep red at least...)

lmao this is quite the distraction for me 🙈

I like it, but I think Yuzu proved with white LGC that there's a risk of disappearing against the white boards and the white ice. Maybe if it was more gold than white.?

The music is so playful that I'm thinking bouncy pastels and twinkling blues and greens. 

3 hours ago, hananistellata said:

So Yuzuru has a quad Flip too now huh.

Perhaps he is on his way to become the first figure skater to land all six quads within a single program, ahahaha.

Hide contents

And then the first figure skater to land a quad+quad combo.

Hide contents

And then the first figure skater to land a ratified quint jump in competition.

Hide contents

Lmao I'm just kidding. I'm probably trying to make myself feel like he is going to keep skating for a few more seasons, hahaha. :'D

Hide contents

Unless...

Thank you for the perfect case study of how fanyus lose their minds! :roll:Seriously, Yuzu, how we supposed to stay sane? 

4 minutes ago, river said:

White and gold makes me think of the Xylitol commercials. :8:

:xD:

Welp, I guess the mere fact that that combo popped in mind shows that I forgot that that Xylitol costume existed (...until this comment reminded me 😅😂🤣🙈)

I was thinking a shirt more in line with the one he wore when skating Hana wa Saku in past ice shows, so no not frilly in the way Xylitol costume was 😅🤣.

But then again, however we predict his costume, he'd come up with something unexpected and beautiful (and we'd fawn over it all the same 😍😍💓)

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

His bio says "序奏とロンドカプリチオーソ." It usually is the Japanese title of the piece by Saint-Saëns.

I was so shocked to hear the news about Yuzu's injury I haven't come to this forum for a whole week....

Yesterday a NHK Trophy pamphlet was delivered to my house. I regained some of my energy after reading Yuzu's interview in it.

About NHK Trophy pamphlet, I sent DM to you. Could you please check your message box? Thank you!

You know....when he recovers and comes back...I'm actually starting to dread the 4A he'll undoubtedly be doing...because if he doesnt do it right, falls, UR, ect....people will tear him apart. I know he CAN do it, and I DO believe in him, but figure skating is as much on skill, as it is hoping everything goes according to plan and just going for it with all you've got. I just want him to do this, as he's worked so hard for, and enjoy himself.

21 時間前, IceWingsさんが言いました:

Here is what it might sound like as a solo piano piece. Although with Yuzu's music editing skills, he could have Kiyozuka-san play both parts of the piano duet separately, then overlay the recordings so that the final cut is a duet.

Hope Yuzu will heal quickly so that we can see this masterpiece soon. Yes, it's already a masterpiece. :201111231756430f6:

Already Fanyus are visiting here :happy0007: