General Yuzuru Chat

Having listened to both versions (piano, and violin) of Rondo, I personally think the piano suits skating better. And when I listen to the piano version, it brings to mind images of a playful kitten exploring the house and getting into mischief, accidentally knocking things over, and teasing the dog. A role which I can easily imagine Yuzu portraying on ice - it would be interesting and delightful if his program turned out to be like that. 

So... I just realized that Mendelssohn's Rondo Capriccioso has an introduction... Of course, the title "Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso" usually refers to Saint-Saëns. But what if someone wanted to skate to Mendelssohn and renamed it to keep it secret until the very last minute? He wouldn't do that, would he? :confused:

5 minutes ago, birnasan said:

So... I just realized that Mendelssohn's Rondo Capriccioso has an introduction... Of course, the title "Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso" usually refers to Saint-Saëns. But what if someone wanted to skate to Mendelssohn and renamed it to keep it secret until the very last minute? He wouldn't do that, would he? :confused:

He would so do that LOL.

Also, what if he got Shinya-san to do a rearrangement of Debussy's rearrangement of Saint-Saen's Rondo???

PS: Is not specifically mentioned that he will skate to Saint-Saen's Rondo right???

13 時間前, Paskudさんが言いました:

Listening right now for some serotonin boost.

Yes, it used to be one of my collection of violin pieces at the era of Sony Walkman (Sorry it's too old :party0034:)  

So, to me, this is a violin piece rather than a piano version. 

I was expecting Yuzuru would pick up a violin music for his program someday as he once talked with Shizuka Arakawa that he was a violin type (skater maybe) rather than piano, although I have nearly given it up as he is saying recently that he likes piano pieces for his skating.

After reading all these news about Yuzu's new SP, I look even more forward to it! I'm sure it'll be another masterpiece that was carefully crafted with love, devotion, attention to detail and the highest artistic skills possible. :heartpound:

I have to say that after watching a couple of figure skating comps this season so far, I have only seen a few programs that I really like. I was actually quite disappointed by the programs of some of the skaters that are seen to be favorites to win a medal at the Olympics.

Anyway, I know Yuzu's new SP will certainly tick all the boxes in my figure skating loving heart. And I really look forward to seeing Yuzu's new SP costume! Again, it's bound to be amazing and outstanding. :girlsigh:

Regarding the 4F, I'm actually not even that surprised because Yuzu did mention in an interview that his dream was to land all quads in one program. As crazy as that sounds, I'm sure if there's anyone who can do it, it's Yuzu. Besides, didn't people watching 2019 FaOI report that Yuzu had jumped a 4F?

I just hope Yuzu gets perfectly healthy again soon. He must be so disappointed that he won't be able to show off his 4A and his new program at NHK Trophy. But I believe in him and I trust that he'll come back even stronger and make his dreams come true. All the best, Yuzu! :loveshower:

31 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

After reading all this news about the new Yuzu SP, I look forward to it even more! I am sure this will be another masterpiece that has been carefully crafted with love, devotion, attention to detail, and the highest possible artistic skill.:falling for something:

Je dois dire qu'après avoir regardé quelques compétitions de patinage artistique cette saison jusqu'à présent, je n'ai vu que quelques programmes que j'aime vraiment. En fait, j'ai été assez déçu par les programmes de certains des patineurs qui sont considérés comme les favoris pour remporter une médaille aux Jeux olympiques.

Quoi qu'il en soit, je sais que le nouveau SP de Yuzu va certainement cocher toutes les cases dans mon cœur amoureux du patinage artistique. Et j'ai vraiment hâte de voir le nouveau costume SP de Yuzu ! Encore une fois, c'est forcément incroyable et exceptionnel. : girl sigh:

En ce qui concerne le 4F, je ne suis même pas surpris car Yuzu a mentionné dans une interview que son rêve était de faire atterrir tous les quads dans un seul programme. Aussi fou que cela puisse paraître, je suis sûr que s'il y a quelqu'un qui peut le faire, c'est Yuzu. D'ailleurs, les gens qui regardaient FaOI 2019 n'ont-ils pas rapporté que Yuzu avait sauté un 4F ?

J'espère juste que Yuzu sera à nouveau en parfaite santé bientôt. Il doit être tellement déçu qu'il ne pourra pas montrer son 4A et son nouveau programme au NHK Trophy. Mais je crois en lui et j'espère qu'il reviendra encore plus fort et réalisera ses rêves. Tout le meilleur, Yuzu!: love shower:

: iagree:  with you and you ALL of the planet : ah yes the costume, it will be the class ah yes and there is a 4LZ on FAOI 2019 and, of course, there is indeed another (that I have not found) at the end he is surrounded by all the skaters and, above all, congratulated by Plush and if someone there this jump? have is ALL taker :peek:

and the famous :snmouchotto:  

So, I suddenly started looking for his talk with Shizuka.  No video left without a shortened narrative version, but a fan wrote down the whole :confused0066:

Just for those who might be interested. This is Part 3:

https://ameblo.jp/minminmin-vync/entry-12133625036.html

荒「なんかピアノよりバイオリンなイメージがある」

羽「あ~それはあります。やっぱり自分にもあのー」

荒「スケートのスタイルがね」

羽「自分の名前にも弦って入ってますしー」

荒「確かにねー」

羽「あの…すごく自分自身バイオリン好きなんですけど」

荒「それは何かご両親の、名前付けてくれた由来に関係あるの?」

羽「無い…ですね」

Arakawa: I think you have an image of violin rather than piano.
Hanyu: Oh, that's true. That's what I think of myself, too.
A: Your skating style is...
H: My name has 弦 (string) in it, too.
A: That's true.
H: Well...I really like violin myself...
A: Does that have anything to do with the origin of your parents' naming you?

H: No... I guess not.

Yuzuru, you said you liked violin, didn't you? :crybaby:

I'm a little surprised he mentioned the 4F in an interview. Seems like the sort of thing he would do to just casually put it in his PPC one day and watch us all lose our minds trying to figure out if it was a typo or not.

As for costuming - either dark red or black. Or I riot. (Who am I kidding. In Satomi we trust. He'll look great.)

59 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This person put it best:

So, what do you think he'll wear? 

Something white and gold?

That's what first pops into my mind anyway. Maybe a shirt but waaaaay frillier (yea I know, Yuzu and dress shirt?? Inconceivable. But think of regency era shirtwaist with ruffles etc...). White shirt with gold striping for accent, and then dark velvety trousers (...burgundy? Well, something deep red at least...)

lmao this is quite the distraction for me 🙈

Guest Mary_kyo

I was thinking about how he was planning to put 4Lz and 4Lo in Seimei for the Olympics in 2018 too but the universe didn’t let it happen as well. As cruel as it was, in the end, he was rewarded very big by the universe too and his spectacular comeback with the “simpler” Seimei was stoned in the history as one of the most inspiring stories ever. Maybe the “complete” Seimei (that he was planning) could never had the same impact as the emotional yet “simpler” Seimei.

With that being said, I hope in the end, he gets rewarded for his hard work again and he achieves all his goals in the most astonishing way possible. I wish I could have seen him performing his new short program for at least once before all of this. It’s like having a dazzling stunning jewelry in your hand but it’s too dark to see and admire it. :crybaby: