General Yuzuru Chat

tbh I vastly prefer the piano, I always thought  that piece of music was sort of....grating....*dodges tomatoes:runaway:* It's not quite a warhorse but it is familiar and a lot of skaters have skated to it over the years. At least the piano version has a fresh take to it.  It'll still be a gazillion times better than the stuff we've seen from everybody else this year. The bar set for Olympic programs this year is in hell lmao. I can't believe some of the stuff people decided to use this year. I hope the judges go with Yuzu (yeah yeah pipe dream yeah yeah gold has been already given blah blah but the rest of the men's programs this year are garbage) if he goes clean. 

edit: not grating but idk I used to lose interest when I'd hear it 

Frankly, I hope he doesn't choose a warhorse, but since this is his dream and he even makes the efforts to ask Kiyozuka-san to make a record just for this program, I think it bothers me way less. The latter already implies some originality to it, similar to Haru yo koi (I adore the rearranged version by Yuzu and Kiyozuka-san so much).

As for the music itself, I will wait until the program is debuted before passing my judgement on it (piano vs orchestral).

PS: No "Merry Xmas Mr. Lawrence" so hell yeah!!!!

PPS: I don’t think it is specifically mentioned that this is going to be purely a piano version right? 

This is one of my favorite violin pieces. To think we could have seen it this week. :sadPooh:

Here is what it might sound like as a solo piano piece. Although with Yuzu's music editing skills, he could have Kiyozuka-san play both parts of the piano duet separately, then overlay the recordings so that the final cut is a duet.

Hope Yuzu will heal quickly so that we can see this masterpiece soon. Yes, it's already a masterpiece. :201111231756430f6:

Guest Mary_kyo

To be very honest, all these exciting news (SP, 4F, etc) are like big stabs in my heart. Just because you can see how much he has worked hard and prepared but the universe didn’t let it happen in the last minute. I cannot imagine how he must be feeling right now. The time and effort he has to put now for recovering and getting back into form again…. :( 

On the bright side, I know his SP will be magical, he is not the type to rely on the music to be brilliant so whatever he skates to will be stunning. It also looks like he has a long plan to do all quads in a program, so he isn’t just going for the 4A and say bye bye. maybe I’m delusional but I hope he will stay around for another few seasons to see the complete fruits of his efforts. It will be interesting to see how he can manage to do this without sacrificing the program quality. Sigh, I hope he will have the luck on his side from now on. Please, universe, I beg.

Aaah, rollercoaster height in the early morning for me! Thank you everyone for the news! 

I like the music choice. Almost sang along on the train to work, missed the bus and walked (and sang). Imagining Yuzuru's spins to the music runs is great.

And 4F..? Wow. Never ever underestimate Mr. Hanyu. I really thought that might be another goal for him, but only hoped he would go for it after 4A. Remember Yuzu's cute press con statement about the 6 quads? The "King of quads" sitting next to him quite desinterested... Well, maybe there will soon circulate the title "Emperor of quads". 

Yes, the work behind this and the disappointement for now must be enormous. Impossible effort for ordinary people. Get well soon, Yuzuru! But you know, you never fail to make us happy again, at least I am already for the moment. 

Have a good day/evening, dear fellow satellites! 

Let me correct one of my last few posts: Yuzu didn't mention this piece in Aoi Honoo as one of the pieces he wanted to skate to. He named this piece as one of the examples of the music he liked along with Otonal that Johnny Weir skated to, Once Upon a Time in America that Evgeni Plushenko skated to. Then he said he also wanted to skate to some of these favorites. By the way, he mentioned this piece as "Rondo Capriccioso to which many skaters have skated." :biggrin:

It is an interview given in January 2012. Interestingly, before sharing his favorite music, he stated that after refining his spins, jumps, and skating, he hoped to present his program to the audience as a piece of art that flows naturally from the beginning to the end of the 3 or 4 and a half minutes.

As I haven't read the interview in the NHK pamphlet myself (I forgot to order it beforehand. Now I am tempted to go to Yoyogi only to buy a copy if they sell it outside of the venue), I guess I had better put my opinions on hold for the time being, but I am looking forward to seeing this SP very much!

I have been thinking that Yuzu liked this piece as a piece of violin music, so it is a bit surprising if he skates to a piano solo version. But I can trust his decisions when it comes to his program music. If Kiyozuka san has helped him in any way, I can trust that collaboration as well, seeing and hearing how he has been supportive and sincere in and out of their collaboration for Haru yo koi.

I just hope he recovers fully and fulfills his dream/dreams.

I like the piano version - it’s less dense than the original and might sound better than a full orchestra sound in an ice rink, and that’s what will matter to Yuzuru.  I’m not bothered that it’s been used before - we have Bolero, lots of Tchaikovsky etc this season and he always has good music cuts :  remember his Phantom vs those of most of Team Japan not to mention poor Zagitova’s unfortunate mash up……

6 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Well, the NHK pamphlet had indeed already the SP... 

ETA:

And here it is! 

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

@Paskud

The screenshot doesn't include much news except for the SP music.

His bio says he was born on December 7, 1994, in Sendai, and is 172cm tall now. His training bases are Toronto and Sendai. His coaches are Brian, Tracy, and Ghislain. His SP is Introduction et Rondo capriccioso en la mineur, choreographed by Jeff Battle. His FP is Ten to Chi to choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne. As his past results, it mentions WFC2021 (the latest comp) PC2018, Sochi2014, and WFC2014, 2017.

The text under the bio introduces him as the king of figure skating who has accomplished the super slam and is still going forward with pride, saying he continues challenging himself for his ideal that is a performance that presents the height of the sport and its artistry, and that he is gaining respect from the skaters all of the worlds because of his such an attitude. It also mentions his challenge on the unprecedented feat of landing 4A in his third Olympic season, but unfortunately, I can't read the end of this text.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I am sorry, I found another mistake. Shae-Lynn is credited also as co-choreographer of the SP in the bio of NHK pamphlet.

[NEWS]

A photo of the interview inside the pamphlet is here: https://vk.com/wall-186064781_8828

deepL translation:

Spoiler

—「NHK杯」と聞いて、思い浮かぶのは?

2015年の300点越えの世界最高得点の快挙などご自身の演技や、とくに印象に残る出来事はどんなことでしょうか。

羽生  やはり2015年の『SEIMEl』は思い出深いです。また、最近は初めてNHK杯に出場することができた2010年の『チゴイネルワイゼン』も思い出します。あの時の4回転トウループの感覚は忘れられないものになっています。

Q: What comes to your mind when you hear the word "NHK Cup"? Your performances, such as the world record score of over 300 points in 2015, or any other particularly memorable moments?

Hanyu: After all, "SEIMEl" in 2015 is very memorable. Also, recently, I remember "Zigeunerweisen" in 2010, when I competed in NHK Cup for the first time. The feeling of that 4T is something I will never forget.

— NHK杯は2019年以来2年ぶりの出場となります。今回のNHK 杯では、どんな「羽生結弦」を見せたいですか?

羽生  今まで頑張ってきたことを全て出し切りたいです。最高の演技を目指します。

Q: You will compete in the NHK Cup for the first time in two years, since 2019. What kind of "Yuzuru Hanyu" do you want to show at the NHK Cup this time?

Hanyu: I want to show everything I've worked for. I'll try to give my best performance.

— 今季の2つのプログラムについてですが、通曲の理由、振付時にとくに時間をかけた点や振付師とのエピソードは?

羽生  フリーは「天と地と』です。このプログラムは自分の中で明確に物語があって、それを振り付けをしていただく前に英語にして、それを感じていただきながら作ってただいたプログラムです。気持ちを込めて青りたいと思います。

ショートはまだできていないのですが、『序奏とロンドカプリチオーソ』です。清塚信也さんに特別に弾いていただきました。曲を作っていただく時からいろんな想いを込めていただき、「羽生結弦』ならではのプログラムになっていたらと思っています。

Q: About this season's two programs, why did you choose the music, what did you spend a lot of time on when you choreographed them, and how did you communicate with the choreographer?

Hanyu: The FS is "Heaven and Earth". For this program, I had a clear story in my mind, and before the choreographer choreographed it, I wrote it in English so that she could understand and feel it while creating the program. I want to put my whole heart and soul into it. I haven't finished the SP yet, but it is "Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso". I asked Shinya Kiyozuka to play it especially for me. I hope it will be a unique program for Yuzuru Hanyu, as he put a lot of thought into it when he made (created? composed?) the music.

— 練習が思うようにいかないときは、どうやって対処していますか? 気分転換に

どのようなことをしていますか?

羽生  音楽に頼ることが多いです。共感してくれるような歌詞だったり、励ましてもらえるものだったり、逆に頑張るしかないと思わせてくれるようなものだったり、その時々で変わりますが、音楽の力はすごいなと感じることが多いです。

Q: How do you deal with the times when practice is not going well? What do you do to refresh yourself?

Hanyu: I often listen to music. It can be lyrics that I can relate to, or something that encourages me, or something that makes me think that I have no choice but to work hard... It changes from time to time, but I often feel that the power of music is amazing.

— 東京オリンピック·パラリンピック、あるいは世界中で高みを目指しているアスリートたちからどんな刺激を受けていますか?

羽生    新体操やアーティスティックスイミングなどは勉強しながら見てました。同じ曲を使った表現をしたり、その中で技を組み込んでいく競技として参考になることもたくさんありました。

Q: What kind of inspiration did you get from the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics, or from other athletes around the world who are aiming high?

Hanyu: I watched rhythmic gymnastics and artistic swimming while studying them. There were many things that I learned from them, such as how to express myself with the same piece of music, or how to incorporate technical elements in the performance.

— 4回転ジャンプの状況はいかがでしょようか。4回転半アクセルも手応えを感じていますか?

羽生4回転フリップも成功させることができ、あとは4回転半アクセルだけになりました。手応えは感じています。いろんなことを様々な視点から考えて、知識も経験もたくさん積んで、「羽生結弦』だけの4回転半アクセルにできたらなと思っています。

Q: How are your quads progressing, and are you feeling good about your 4A?

Hanyu: I was able to do a 4F, and now I only have to do 4A. I'm feeling good about it. I'm going to think about various things from different perspectives, gain a lot of knowledge and experience, and I hope to make a 4A that is unique to "Yuzuru Hanyu".

— 日本で滑ることへの思いを聞かせてください。

羽生  安心感が大きいです。そして自分のプログラムや表現は日本の空気感にすごくあっていると思うので、いい演技をしたいと思います。

Q: Please tell us about your thoughts about skating in Japan.

Hanyu: I feel a sense of safety (confidence? freedom?). Also, I think my program and expression are very well suited to the Japanese atmosphere, so I hope to give a good performance.

— 今季最終的に到達していたいところは?

羽生  4回転半アクセルを決めて、完成させたいです。

Q: What would you like to reach in the end of this season?

Hanyu: I want to finish it with a 4A.

— ファンの皆様へメッセージをお願いします。

羽生  いつも本当にありがとうございます。僕の力になっています。皆さんの応援の気持ちを感じながら、また、皆さんが演技を楽しみにしてくださっているという期待を感じながら、頑張っていきます!

Q: Do you have a message for your fans?

Hanyu: Thank you very much for all your support. It helps me a lot. I'll do my best, feeling your support and the expectation that you're looking forward to my performance!

This post has been tagged by robin as [NEWS].