General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, Melodie said:

I don't know the details and how serious the injury is, but I think it's pretty bad => This part is a little weird to me.

Like, how does he know it is bad if Yuzu doesn't give him the details? 

PS: This is not to poke at Brian. I just thought the wording is a bit odd. This little detail can be due to many reasons tho. It happens. 

7 hours ago, Fay said:

This is a translation of a translation. So I’d take it with a tiny pinch of salt. 

Although @Melodie quoted my post, the words that she referred to are from the Russian interview posted by @Saawa.

I edited my post to say that the video that I provided the link to was not the same Russian interview that @Saawa had referred to. The video that I referenced is the interview of Brian Orser by Nick McCarvel for Olympic.com. There's no mistaking what Brian said to Nick McCarvel.

What he said to Nick McCarvel regarding Yuzu's injury was:

"I don't have a lot of details and I'm not going to speculate or, you know, this is a question for Yuzu and what his intentions are. And then [his team] have to all stand behind him whatever those [are] with what his intentions are for the season."

That is all he said about Yuzu's injury to Nick McCarvel. I don't know what he said to the Russian interviewer, but as @Fay has pointed out, what @Melodie referenced from the Russian interview in @Saawa's post is a translation of a translation with its inherent unreliability and potential for error.

This is the print version of Nick McCarvel's article regarding his interview with Brian Orser:

https://olympics.com/en/news/exclusive-brian-orser-we-trust-hanyu-yuzuru-instincts-injury-figure-skating-2021?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social-organic&utm_campaign=twitter_na_na_news_na_na_na&utm_content=twitter_na_na_news_na_na_na_na_occontent-news_na_na

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
6 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

It's a quote from a five-minute-long mini TV program series about muscles hosted by an exercise physiologist, and Tatsuki joined the program as a guest who was an ex-figure skater. It is not a program like the ones that analyze sports based on data. They have casual talk sharing their experiences, knowledge, and insights regarding how muscles work, and sometimes muscular models demonstrate what the host/guest explained in words. There were some interesting discussions here and there, but as a whole, it wasn't deep. Not sure if it was the chemistry/lack of it between them or the way their conversation got edited.

The quote is from the very end of the last episode. The exercise physiologist mentioned the evolution of jumps naming quint and quad Axel and asked Tatsuki if the jump was the most burdening element for skaters' muscles. Tatsuki responded that, in his opinion, jumps were taxing for the gastrocnemius muscle the most. Then he started explaining the difficulties in increasing the amount of rotation, like, when you focus too much on leaping up, you can't rotate fast, but when you focus too much on rotating, you can't leap high, so skaters have to find their best balance. Then suddenly comes the quote. Like Brian's comments shared on the last few pages, the flow of the story is a bit strange. So I suspect his words were edited.

That said, it was frustrating to hear this comment because, firstly, he didn't explain why he thought 4A was possible while the quints were not. Secondly, I knew he had known the risks and the difficulty of continuing practicing to master new jumps when he decided to retire at the age of 25, judging that he would not be able to master multiple types of quads. Thirdly, I don't understand why the director thought it was cool to edit their conversation this way.

But I personally don't think this comment and the program deserve much attention, time, and energy in time like this. There are many others who admire Yuzu's courage and continuous efforts and support him warmly.

Thank you @sweetwater very much for the clarification! I like to learn about which element strains which part of the body the most and I find it more interesting than the anger about some inappropriate (twisted) words.

:sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046::sad-smiley-046:

get well soon, yuzu :heart::(

one saving grace might be that unlike last time, he doesn't seem to have staked his goals on the olympics, so hopefully he'll take as much time as he needs to heal before getting back on the ice in order to reach his true goal (4A). ganbatte yuzu, you can do it. hopefully the injury is not serious. we will be here waiting. we love you :animated-smileys-love-erotic-045:

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Although @Melodie quoted my post, the words that she referred to are from the Russian interview posted by @Saawa.

I edited my post to say that the video that I provided the link to was not the same Russian interview that @Saawa had referred to. The video that I referenced is the interview of Brian Orser by Nick McCarvel for Olympic.com. There's no mistaking what Brian said to Nick McCarvel.

What he said to Nick McCarvel regarding Yuzu's injury was:

"I don't have a lot of details and I'm not going to speculate or, you know, this is a question for Yuzu and what his intentions are. And then [his team] have to all stand behind him whatever those [are] with what his intentions are for the season."

That is all he said about Yuzu's injury to Nick McCarvel. I don't know what he said to the Russian interviewer, but as @Fay has pointed out, what @Melodie referenced from the Russian interview in @Saawa's post is a translation of a translation with its inherent unreliability and potential for error.

This is the print version of Nick McCarvel's article regarding his interview with Brian Orser:

https://olympics.com/en/news/exclusive-brian-orser-we-trust-hanyu-yuzuru-instincts-injury-figure-skating-2021?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social-organic&utm_campaign=twitter_na_na_news_na_na_na&utm_content=twitter_na_na_news_na_na_na_na_occontent-news_na_na

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I know about this one, which is plain, clear and supportive. I’m not sure what he told the Russian interviewers originally too. Oh well, just leave it as it is. Some very likely weird loss in translation. 

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

It's a quote from a five-minute-long mini TV program series about muscles hosted by an exercise physiologist, and Tatsuki joined the program as a guest who was an ex-figure skater. It is not a program like the ones that analyze sports based on data. They have casual talk sharing their experiences, knowledge, and insights regarding how muscles work, and sometimes muscular models demonstrate what the host/guest explained in words. There were some interesting discussions here and there, but as a whole, it wasn't deep. Not sure if it was the chemistry/lack of it between them or the way their conversation got edited.

The quote is from the very end of the last episode. The exercise physiologist mentioned the evolution of jumps naming quint and quad Axel and asked Tatsuki if the jump was the most burdening element for skaters' muscles. Tatsuki responded that, in his opinion, jumps were taxing for the gastrocnemius muscle the most. Then he started explaining the difficulties in increasing the amount of rotation, like, when you focus too much on leaping up, you can't rotate fast, but when you focus too much on rotating, you can't leap high, so skaters have to find their best balance. Then suddenly comes the quote. Like Brian's comments shared on the last few pages, the flow of the story is a bit strange. So I suspect his words were edited.

That said, it was frustrating to hear this comment because, firstly, he didn't explain why he thought 4A was possible while the quints were not. Secondly, I knew he had known the risks and the difficulty of continuing practicing to master new jumps when he decided to retire at the age of 25, judging that he would not be able to master multiple types of quads. Thirdly, I don't understand why the director thought it was cool to edit their conversation this way.

But I personally don't think this comment and the program deserve much attention, time, and energy in time like this. There are many others who admire Yuzu's courage and continuous efforts and support him warmly.

THanks for your clarification. I surely hope it is just his words being twisted for increasing views and not him belittling Yuzu. 

English Subs of the new Towa interview:

[NEWS]

Yuzu gave up many other dreams in order to realize his dreams for skating. I hope so much that he can achieve his dream of mastering 4A. I think of how Javi won his 7th Europeans Championship and then retired happily. I want Yuzu to be able to do the same when he's ready to retire, happy and content that he accomplished everything he set out to do. :snonegai:

5 hours ago, IceWings said:

Towa's new interview English subtitles:

[NEW]

Yuzu a abandonné de nombreux autres rêves afin de réaliser ses rêves de patinage. J'espère tellement qu'il pourra réaliser son rêve de maîtriser le 4A. Je pense à la façon dont Javi a remporté son 7e championnat d'Europe et a ensuite pris sa retraite avec bonheur. Je veux que Yuzu puisse faire de même lorsqu'il sera prêt à prendre sa retraite, heureux et content d'avoir accompli tout ce qu'il s'était fixé.: snonegai:

Certainly Yuzu had a different adolescence from others of his age: no outing / cinema / meeting with friends etc ... because YES his skating came and still comes before EVERYTHING and I have read the word a lot of times "determination" and he needs it (and has always had it) and above all, the willpower for his 4A, but he has to heal well and take his time and above all, that he thinks of his mind: "when the mental is not well, the body reacts QUICKLY "(and I know what I'm talking about). 

PERFECT to have mentioned JAVI his great friend from CBT and his famous accolades and this incredible friendship that we have seen in videos (well you must have read "maybe"? Hateurs who must have laughed and made fun of them and see "more"), yes let's go back to 2019 and the year of his 28 years and delighted to retire and without regrets (despite Yuzu told him at the Olympics: "you'r so bad" while crying  :shout:, because he left TCC) and  : iagree: with you so that Yuzu can end his career with his dreams. 

Also, as Fay writes, it's never too late, and especially at Yuzu's age, to learn what he couldn't do. 

Yes Gwendal can play the guitar, because I saw an excerpt from a video: "elder and hero" and he also sings :peace2:  

:wave:  I'm back, because I just came across a video from today that shows Yuzu's conquest for 4A and he says he dreams of it at night and, since baby Yuzu /  2014 until now and the end sentence, sums up this long rote (very stony) for his 4A and that he heal and see his face again, like that  :wink_star:  very HAPPY 

I admire Yuzu's determination to achieve his goals and make his dreams come true. It takes such strength and courage to not only dream big, but to achieve and go for your big dreams and make them real. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

He'll have many chances and a lot of time to do all the other things he still wants to do. I look forward to Yuzu playing an actual guitar and not just air guitar. :dancingpooh:

Imagine him doing a CiONTU world tour (Please, Yuzu!) and not just being a rockstar on the ice, but also rocking it on stage with his guitar! :ganba:

[NEWS]

9 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

:wave:  I'm back, because I just came across a video from today that shows Yuzu's conquest for 4A and he says he dreams of it at night and, since baby Yuzu /  2014 until now and the end sentence, sums up this long rote (very stony) for his 4A and that he heal and see his face again, like that  :wink_star:  very HAPPY 

I was not prepared to watch this now I can't stop crying (tho I've watched almost most parts before). Hope he heals asap and lands 4A the way he wants.