General Yuzuru Chat

It's been three days since this very sad news, but I still feel sad and painful. I have been a fan of Yuzu for 10 years, it started at Rostelecom Cup 2011, and all these years I have been observing such a difficult road for Yuzu to his dreams and his heights. How I would like to reduce these difficulties!

Little Yuzu said as a child that he wants to be the light for the Tohoku region. Now Yuzu is a light for many, many people around the world. I still admire what darkness he overcame in order to have grandiose victories and be the light - all his many injuries, earthquakes, asthma, dishonest refereeing and intrigues. Through pain and darkness - but Yuzu always wins, he is always himself, he is always - a great athlete, he is a great personality.

In 2018, Yuzu's big dream came true in Korea - to win the second Olympic Games. Yuzu then did what is impossible for the vast majority of athletes. He then did it for his big dream. And I really wish that his new dream, about the Quad Axel, would also come true just as great. He deserved it so much!

I read this chat, all many words of support and love for Yuzu, and the pain decreases a little. Thank you for this forum.

2 時間前, Melodieさんが言いました:

@SuzyQ You gotta go, since you might get this 😂

I usually do not buy goods including brochures at the competitions or shows.  But this NHK brochure is enticing me to buy it :P

Anyway I'm quite sure the news would have been revealed and circulated around the world long before I'm going on 13th :D

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Omg, this gets funnier with every minute I keep thinking about it.

EDIT: Imagine if we find out about his new SP music next week and then are left to speculate for months what the choreo will look like :10636614:

Imagine if he renamed his SP, like "Hope and Legacy", or "Origin"... we still would have no clue to what the music is! :1:

14 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And boy, was Plush ever ticked off about it. And I have to say I agree, either Plush or Johnny deserved that win, not that other guy. 

Yes, to say that the Evgeni Plushenko was pissed off is an understatement. He stepped onto the gold medal position on the podium before going to the silver medal position.

Here is what he had to say about the results, the ISU and the influence of American TV broadcast rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHjvG-nEEfo

Evan Lysachek was awarded the gold medal, Evgeni Plushenko silver and Daisuke Takahashi bronze. Stephane Lambiel was fourth, Patrick Chan fifth and Johnny Weir sixth.

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Yes, to say that the Evgeni Plushenko was pissed off is an understatement. He stepped onto the gold medal position on the podium before going to the silver medal position.

Here is what he had to say about the results, the ISU and the influence of American TV broadcast rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHjvG-nEEfo

Evan Lysachek was awarded the gold medal, Evgeni Plushenko silver and Daisuke Takahashi bronze. Stephane Lambiel was fourth, Patrick Chan fifth and Johnny Weir sixth.

Right, thanks for reminding me. Actually I remember now that I prefered all of them to Lysachek. And Stephane was robbed. not because Daisuke wasn't better - he was - but because I disagree so strongly with the score Lysachek got.

Russian media interviewed Brian and asked him some questions about Yuzu. I don't speak Russian, so posting only AI translation. It looks like Brian thinks this injury might be serious but also thinks we might see Yuzu at nationals. It also sounds as a recent injury. But Brian admits he doesn't know much, so who knows.
https://www.championat.com/figureskating/article-4505861-intervyu-s-trenerom-brajanom-orserom-otnosheniya-s-medvedevoj-voshischenie-tuktamyshevoj-mnenie-ob-uchenicah-tutberidze.html?utm_source=copypaste

Spoiler

Q:Most recently, Yuzuru Hanyu upset the fans with a message about his withdrawal from the stage in Japan. Did you participate in this decision?

A:It was his decision, about which he notified me. I don't know the details and how serious the injury is, but I think it's pretty bad. He skated beautifully, and what happened, of course, is terrible. We spoke very little with him from the moment he announced that he would not perform at the Japanese Grand Prix, but from what I read, I saw that he was very motivated to return as soon as possible. So I think that the Japanese championship could be the first competition for him.

Q: Tell us how working with a young athlete and figure skater of the scale of Hanyu differs. Does Yuzuru listen to your advice? Who has the last word?

A: “Yuzuru always has a plan and of course it's always a great plan. We have been working together for nine years now, and every time we are on the same wavelength. Usually he takes responsibility for what he does. I think that's right, he knows how best to train. He works so hard, trains so mercilessly that I firmly support him in all his decisions and in what he does. But the situation with Hanyu is special and can only work with him. When I coached Javier Fernandez, it was a completely different story. I had to say everything: where, when, how much ... Why do we pause, how long cardio training will last, how long we train outside the ice. And he had to control everything. Yuzuru is always punctual and always was, sometimes I had to slow down him because he was doing too much. The difference is that I adapt to Hanyu. But there is no such thing with young athletes, I lead them forward, demonstrate what discipline is, there is no alternative. You do what I tell you, and if you don’t listen to me or roll your eyes, you will leave the ice. You can negotiate with them, but only if there is a worthy motive for the dispute. Every athlete is different.

Guest Mary_kyo
7 minutes ago, Saawa said:

Russian media interviewed Brian and asked him some questions about Yuzu. I don't speak Russian, so posting only AI translation. It looks like Brian thinks this injury might be serious but also thinks we might see Yuzu at nationals. It also sounds as a recent injury. But Brian admits he doesn't know much, so who knows.

Thank you very much for this because I have tickets for Sochi and if Yuzu sadly doesn’t go, I don’t want to risk going to Russia.

I was optimistically hoping that his injury isn’t serious, this made me sad and worried. ☹ I miss Yuzu and these recent competitions are not helping at all to emphasize that when he retires, there will be no one like him anymore. 

37 minutes ago, Saawa said:

https://www.championat.com/figureskating/article-4505861-intervyu-s-trenerom-brajanom-orserom-otnosheniya-s-medvedevoj-voshischenie-tuktamyshevoj-mnenie-ob-uchenicah-tutberidze.html?utm_source=copypaste

Reveal hidden contents

Q:Most recently, Yuzuru Hanyu upset the fans with a message about his withdrawal from the stage in Japan. Did you participate in this decision?

A:It was his decision, about which he notified me. I don't know the details and how serious the injury is, but I think it's pretty bad. He skated beautifully, and what happened, of course, is terrible. We spoke very little with him from the moment he announced that he would not perform at the Japanese Grand Prix, but from what I read, I saw that he was very motivated to return as soon as possible. So I think that the Japanese championship could be the first competition for him.

Q: Tell us how working with a young athlete and figure skater of the scale of Hanyu differs. Does Yuzuru listen to your advice? Who has the last word?

A: “Yuzuru always has a plan and of course it's always a great plan. We have been working together for nine years now, and every time we are on the same wavelength. Usually he takes responsibility for what he does. I think that's right, he knows how best to train. He works so hard, trains so mercilessly that I firmly support him in all his decisions and in what he does. But the situation with Hanyu is special and can only work with him. When I coached Javier Fernandez, it was a completely different story. I had to say everything: where, when, how much ... Why do we pause, how long cardio training will last, how long we train outside the ice. And he had to control everything. Yuzuru is always punctual and always was, sometimes I had to slow down him because he was doing too much. The difference is that I adapt to Hanyu. But there is no such thing with young athletes, I lead them forward, demonstrate what discipline is, there is no alternative. You do what I tell you, and if you don’t listen to me or roll your eyes, you will leave the ice. You can negotiate with them, but only if there is a worthy motive for the dispute. Every athlete is different.

Here is a video of Brian’s interview. His words directly out of his mouth.

https://olympics.com/pt/video/exclusive-brian-orser-on-hanyu-yuzuru-s-injury-quest-for-quad-axel

Edit: I just realized that this is not the same interview as the one quoted by @Saawa; however, we can understand exactly what he has said with respect to Yuzu’s injury.

13 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Thank you very much for this because I have tickets for Sochi and if Yuzu sadly doesn’t go, I don’t want to risk going to Russia.

I was optimistically hoping that his injury isn’t serious, this made me sad and worried. ☹ I miss Yuzu and these recent competitions are not helping at all to emphasize that when he retires, there will be no one like him anymore. 

I totally understand your situation, I cancelled my trip to Milano in 2018 after Yuzu's withdrawal.

But still, if I were you, I would probably wait for the official confirmation, just to be sure.

12 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Here is a video of Brian’s interview. His words directly out of his mouth.

https://olympics.com/pt/video/exclusive-brian-orser-on-hanyu-yuzuru-s-injury-quest-for-quad-axel

Thanks, I saw it and really liked the way he talked about Yuzu. I just thought this one had some additional nuances (if the AI translation was correct) and the author wasn't Vaytsekhovskaya or Kuznetsov, so it should be a relatively unbiased source. 

23 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

I have tickets for rostelecom too. I was mentally ready not to go due to covid or work issues. didn't think for a second of him getting injured :'(
anyway even if the injury wasn't that bad I don't think  there would be any point in him attending cor (no gpf whatever the results, isn't it?). I just wonder why he hasn't yet announced withdrawal (veteran fanyus may know though)

let's hope he takes care and fully recovers as soon as possible to get back on ice and reach for his dream. 
watching him skating live has become a pipe dream for me but I don't mind as long as he can make his come true  :snonegai:

Guest Mary_kyo
19 minutes ago, gaia said:

I have tickets for rostelecom too. I was mentally ready not to go due to covid or work issues. didn't think for a second of him getting injured :'(
anyway even if the injury wasn't that bad I don't think  there would be any point in him attending cor (no gpf whatever the results, isn't it?). I just wonder why he hasn't yet announced withdrawal (veteran fanyus may know though)

Honestly, I think his goal is not gpf or any particular competition, he just wants to land 4A in his ideal skate in any possible given chance.

I was just looking at the articles in 2018. He announced his withdrawals one week prior to GPF and Nationals. So we will see in two weeks but it looks like, not withdrawing immediately from Rostelecom doesn’t imply anything about the severity of the injury. 

I just miss his skating a lot these days ☹ The more days pass by, the more I get angry at the universe.