General Yuzuru Chat

On 11/5/2021 at 12:27 AM, lynnidolz said:

Also seeing in other sites that people mocking him for being reckless  practicing 4A during Olympic season really making this situation more sad...How do u guys cope with this during last Olympic cycle?Sorry for posting a lot about this as i had no one in my life who knew Yuzu so that i can vent this frustration out.He means a lot to me and seeing his skating really help me gets tru the pandemic

my advice, especially when emotions are as raw as they are right now, is to keep yourself to "safe" circles. Use the muting and blocking features and refrain from poking into places notorious for being full of trash more USA (or whatever other competitor)-oriented (like GS and reddit, the trash lessons etc).  Oly season was (and always is) full of s*it even without Yuzuru being injured, but of course the vultures always rush to gloat twice more gleefully when he's down. They just qualify themselves.

And tbh the fact that they even think that, going into this season, Yuzuru valued getting to OWG more than getting 4A, also shows that they don't know anything about him, have never read a single interview of his in the last quadriennium and don't have the faintest idea of the kind of person and athlete Yuzuru is.

So, this is how much value their words have: absolute zero.

Yuzuru is a challenger, an explorer, he has hunger and ambition that many probably can't even start to fathom, because it's so far from their experience. 12 years of senior career and Yuzuru is still relentlessly reaching higher, while other competitors are contnet floating at sea level with what they already have. Which is a legit choice, of course, but it's exactly what separates Yuzuru from them, and what makes him and not them the 2xOGM, holder of 19 records across different systems, and a Legend.

Has Yuzuru sometimes been reckless in the past? Yes, of course. He isn't immune from being young and overconfident, from being inexperienced, from being human. Maturing he improved a lot on this, and anyone who's been following his journey to 4A knows he didn't go into that challenge recklessly. But he went into it bravely, knowing the risks, knowing his condition and the condition of his ankle, and doing his absolute best to minimze those risks, but still accepting them because 4A means that much to him. People viewing the jump merely as the technical element with a measly 1 points more than 4Lz in BV can't understand why it would be so special for him and what he's willing to sacrifice so much for it.

As for the post-NHK17

Spoiler

we got very sparse short updates, mostly together with WD statements, where it was said Yuzuru was working hard for recovery and thanked for the support. Iirc there was a written message that he sent for one of the two docs that came out in early 2018, before the OWG, and that was all. We had no idea if he was doing rehab on ice or not, we only knew he was in Toronto but nothing else. There was a bit more detail than we have now re: his injury, both because there were in the stamentent and because (thanks to Jpn tv) we had footage, but other than that, we could only guess. It was a very effective media blackout, very similar to autumn 2020 when he stopped the white wall updates and resurfaced only in time for Nats.

As for media and fs establishment, it often felt like being on the fence surrounded by people who conveniently "forgot" things or straight up lied to undervalue his skills and prop others. It felt that too many people were ready (and entirely too happy) to crown another king and not only replace Yuzuru, but forget about him altogether. (which is what they've been doing even more sistematically this whole quadriennium)

Having this forum and all the other satellites was a blessing because, even despite all the worrying and heartbreak, there was comfort in having a place where we could share our feelings, both negative and positive.:consoling2::201111231756430f6:

I honestly don't really remember the details of how I specifically coped, only that I did, and all of a sudden Yuzuru was in PyeongChang and blowing my mind.
I still have "PyeongChang practices give me life" under my icon here because that's truy how it felt. Aften all those gloomy months with just a few statements and just my worry and prayers, the sun had come out again, and there he was, smiling and laughing and just looking ridiculously happy. :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

I look forward to see him again like that, happy on the ice. It doesn't even need to be at the darn olys, just happy recovered Yuzuru, no matter when or where.:smiley-angelic001:

I was gutted When I read the news. Why does this kind of stuff have to happen to him.. again...
But somehow I feel strangely calm right now. Maybe because we don't know how severe or not the ankle ingury is this time and I've convinced myself that he's being cautious. Maybe it's because his goal this time around isn't the ogm but the 4A and momentum etc doesn't matter much for that.Maybe it's cause I'm a bit numb and it will hit me at a later date. ...I don't feel the urgent dread I felt in 2017...
I will support whatever you decide yuzuru...I will pray for your recovery...Your health and happyness is the most important thing here... you don't owe anyone anything, least of all us... do your thing we will follow

22 hours ago, holina said:

Ok, imagine him showing up in Beijing and do another troll practice with single jumps followed by 4A at the end, and then bow and leave before his music starts :LOL:

joking aside, I do wish to see him earlier, at JNats though!  

I bet that's the kind of complete and utter chaos Yuzu would love to cause. :xD:

Just imagine if he really did that, all the journalists and people in the audience would probably be stupefied for 10 minutes or so and then the whole place would become a total madhouse. That would crash the internet and Yuzu would become number one trending in social media all over the world. :muahaha:

But joking aside, I just watched the men's SP of the Grand Prix in Italy. I was reminded yet again of how incredibly long-lasting, stable and consistent Yuzu has been for the last eleven years of his senior career. And before that, as a junior. Apart from winning so many competitions, I think Yuzu has been on the podium in almost every competition he's ever been in, including big ones like Worlds.

I don't think there has ever been a competition when he completely bombed. Neither has he ever had a phase in his career when things just didn't work out for a notable period of time. Bombing from time to time and having phases with low form are things that happen to basically every single athlete in every sport.

That Yuzu managed to stay consistently at the very top of his game over such a long time period - especially in a sport like figure skating in which short careers are the norm - is beyond outstanding.  :multibow:

5 時間前, Yuzurellaさんが言いました:

That Yuzu managed to stay consistently at the very top of his game over such a long time period - especially in a sport like figure skating in which short careers are the norm - is beyond outstanding.  :multibow:

In the period when the technical level rises crazily. When Yuzu graduated from junior to senior, the newly crowned Olympic champion won with triples only. Then we saw the jump advancement year by year, we saw rivals appeared and faded out, but Yuzu is always up there. He has never stopped challenging himself to new heights because of how much he loves figure skating.:2lbkos0:

Just found out that I lost the GPF ticket lottery---I am extremely relieved :P!  This ticket lottery thing is really a rollercoaster ride :banginghead:.  First you have to go through the convoluted registration system, followed by being sad (when I lost both tries for the NHK lottery), followed by relief.  Did not want to spend lots of money going to the GPF when Yuzu won't be there and much better to watch on TV, no stress, bundled up in my Nishikawa :grin:fleece towel blanket.  Of course there is lots of anxiety worrying about Yuzu's injury still, but all the worry is part of being his fan.  Now, what to do about Japan Nats :smiley_hairpull:

10 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I bet that's the kind of complete and utter chaos Yuzu would love to cause. :xD:

Just imagine if he really did that, all the journalists and people in the audience would probably be stupefied for 10 minutes or so and then the whole place would become a total madhouse. That would crash the internet and Yuzu would become number one trending in social media all over the world. :muahaha:

But joking aside, I just watched the men's SP of the Grand Prix in Italy. I was reminded yet again of how incredibly long-lasting, stable and consistent Yuzu has been for the last eleven years of his senior career. And before that, as a junior. Apart from winning so many competitions, I think Yuzu has been on the podium in almost every competition he's ever been in, including big ones like Worlds.

I don't think there has ever been a competition when he completely bombed. Neither has he ever had a phase in his career when things just didn't work out for a notable period of time. Bombing from time to time and having phases with low form are things that happen to basically every single athlete in every sport.

Yes, this is one of the things that I'm most impressed with about Yuzu.

Of course, I'm not an athlete so I don't know how it works, but seeing that almost every skater has gone through slumps, difficult periods of adjustments, puberty, growth, etc, etc that affect their technical consistency, which must mean it's extremely difficult, I'm extremely impressed with what Yuzu has achieved, especially since his career has lasted much longer than many other skaters. He has never faltered to place below 4th since the the 2nd season of his senior career.

First, the earthquake, which must have taken a major toll on him as it also affects his personal life. But he only came back stronger and medalled at his first Worlds the following season. Then, a major coaching change with lifestyle adjustments to a totally different environment. Many skaters spend a lot of time adjusting to coaching changes, but it was as if he was unaffected. Even after the cursed 2014 CoC, he managed to recover and train enough to qualify to the GPF just 3 weeks later, and then, after another 2 weeks, had recovered his quads to win the GPF. Such a miracle boy.

I believe after his lisfranc injury in 2016 he also slightly changed his 4T technique, but that didn't seem to have affected his consistency on it, unlike what we see with some other skaters. Also just last season, after going through a difficult period (we all do), he came back strongly to win JNats with a clean performance.

Of course, it's not like he managed all these things magically, he put in a tremendous amount of effort, far more than any of us could ever imagine, to have achieved all these. But it only makes me admire him more.

1 時間前, Ladysciさんが言いました:

Just found out that I lost the GPF ticket lottery---I am extremely relieved :P!  This ticket lottery thing is really a rollercoaster ride :banginghead:.  First you have to go through the convoluted registration system, followed by being sad (when I lost both tries for the NHK lottery), followed by relief.  Did not want to spend lots of money going to the GPF when Yuzu won't be there and much better to watch on TV, no stress, bundled up in my Nishikawa :grin:fleece towel blanket.  Of course there is lots of anxiety worrying about Yuzu's injury still, but all the worry is part of being his fan.  Now, what to do about Japan Nats :smiley_hairpull:

Japan Nats. That's the one to think about next.  Osaka is far from my home and I was not thinking about challenging the tickets of Grand Prix Final.  But I can manage to go to the Nats in Saitama.  As I love to watch the Nats always, I'm going to try to get the tickets, although I know it would require me another luck. Hopefully, the application system would not be so complicated as this time :dizzy2:

While I hope Yuzuru will be able to attend it, I believe you all would agree that he should not take the risk, honestly.

I hear 3,000 NHK tickets have been traded on the official trade site after the announcement of Yuzuru's withdrawal, but I'm going to NHK anyway to cheer up Team Japan :hachimaki:

2 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Japan Nats. That's the one to think about next.  Osaka is far from my home and I was not thinking about challenging the tickets of Grand Prix Final.  But I can manage to go to the Nats in Saitama.  As I love to watch the Nats always, I'm going to try to get the tickets, although I know it would require me another luck. Hopefully, the application system would not be so complicated as this time :dizzy2:

While I hope Yuzuru will be able to attend it, I believe you all would agree that he should not take the risk, honestly.

I hear 3,000 NHK tickets have been traded on the official trade site after the announcement of Yuzuru's withdrawal, but I'm going to NHK anyway to cheer up Team Japan :hachimaki:

May you witness many good performances! :fingerscrossed: Take care and have fun! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: Cheer for Kao and Sota for me if you can!

I released my Gala ticket on Thursday, and it found its new owner today. Hope they will have fun too.

I had been feeling very strange since when I got the ticket because I wasn't supposed to be in Tokyo this November, and earlier this autumn, I wasn't sure if the number of the cases would be small enough to hold an event with an audience. For some personal reasons as well, I was 85-90 percent certain that JNats2019 was the last live figure skating competition for me. (Yes, that heartbreaking JNats where Yuzu was beautiful in and out as always nonetheless!) So after I heard the news of Yuzu's withdrawal, it felt more natural and reasonable for me to skip this NHK and go back to my original plan. However, now, I am feeling a bit differently about the future. Although I am not going to any skating event this season, I will at least make efforts to be at some event sometime because I want to witness the return of the King, even if it may be the King who has returned some time ago :68468287: (and hopefully, see you there too, @Kizuna!) 

As to JNats, (this year) at the moment, it is really hard to imagine how things will be by then. I am hoping his rehabilitation goes well and he will have a happy birthday at least... If anyone goes to JNats, I am wishing you good luck on the ticket battle! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: