General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Unpopular opinion here but saying Yuzu needs his coaches or implying this happened because he wasn’t training in Toronto makes me a little uncomfortable. But I respect other opinions too. He got the same injury twice in the past when he was coached as well and in presence of his coaches to be precise. We just need to keep in mind that he is indeed training a “risky” jump and sometimes injuries are unavoidable. Also I’m sure Canada has great medical system but Japan has good doctors/physiotherapists as well and Yuzu will not have any problem to access them. But of course a medical team who is already familiar with his injuries might be beneficial but not absolutely necessary in my opinion. 

If he could do performances like nationals last year and could finally master 4A as his interviews suggest, I’m sure he will be alright on his own too. Afterall, he is challenging “unknown” which is not known to his coaches too.

Agree. As Yuzu's getting into unchartered waters with 4A, I would think his coaches are none the wiser. I actually prefer him to train in Japan where he has privacy at the Sendai rink. Now that he's working on 4A, whatever knowledge/data he gained through practices, sustaining bodily pain/injuries,  I see it as trade secrets he should protect. Hence, I thought it odd to train under watchful eyes, together with other skaters who are also your rivals in competition. 

No one knows what Yuzu wants, other than to be healthy and able to compete.  No one is saying he might not have been injured if he'd been at TCC.  What the consensus of those who would like him to get back to TCC is that his jump coach, Ghislain, could help him achieve his dream of a 4A. He's a jump coach - that's what he does.   Trade secrets?  He could easily train privately at TCC so that's not an argument.  And it's not like others aren't trying the 4A and everyone has seen Yuzu's attempts. 

And we all want Yuzu to recover and be happy.

17 minutes ago, barbara said:

Is that response okay with anyone?  Why would ANY of us hope Yuzu would be injured and WHO is @180267?  Why would you say something so rude and disrespectful? We are all Fanyus here.  I can wish that Yuzu had gone back to Toronto and received in-person coaching, and I do, but that's because that's what I believe would have been and would be best for him.  We can have a difference of opinion without getting nasty.

The block feature is a wonderful thing sometimes.

2 minutes ago, river said:

The block feature is a wonderful thing sometimes.

This. Please, spare us when you quote them because we can see their comments when you do :peekapooh:

I am not bothered by what they are saying, just the way it comes across (at least to me) and the insistence behind it.

3 hours ago, buttercup said:

Was it really just 3 days ago that we were all freaking out in anxiety and excitement about the possibility of the 4A at NHK?

Well, if Yuzu's plans for his recovery work out ( and I hope they do although I really wish he would get some input from a sports medicine expert) , then we'll be here again in 3 or 4 weeks time, freaking out and panicking even more about Yuzu's plans to jump 4A at either CoR or JNats....because that's just how his life is. 

My nerves...I'd say they were shot from following him,  but I actually think they all got up and left me in protest, at this point....

2 hours ago, lajoitko said:

it is so easy to say "he should be in Toronto right now" without considering the Japanese COVID policy.

Extremely important point. I think people are fearing that Yuzu has decided he is an island and can handle all this exclusively by himself without consulting anyone at all, since he has a history of doing just that ( and then coming to grief.) And when you know for a fact there's a dedicated team of experts dying to help him if only he would ask, it's hard to stay quiet. 

But it could all , 100%, just be because COVID.  

20 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Thanks for sharing!
The original message is a bit stronger than the DeepL translation. Nekomasamune says, "I believe Hanyu Yuzuru senshu's recovery from his injury and pray for it."

Thank you for conveying this nuance - it made me smile a bit :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

18 hours ago, sweetwater said:

I was going to warn you about this article from Yomiuri Max is quoting. As some of the replies in the thread say, the original Yomiuri only says that Yuzu has entered for COR. I have checked some of the articles from major Japanese newspapers, and naturally, none of them had the info regarding when Yuzu is planning to come back. The announcement from JSF is the information source of these "sources." If you have read past several pages, you have already read everything they shared in the announcement, that Yuzu has withdrawn from NHK, the cause of withdrawal (right foot joint ligament injury,) and the message from him.

ETA: PDF of the announcement from JSF

https://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/common/img/info/21NHK_Yuzuru Hanyu.pdf

I thought so, it sounded weird that they'd be so confident (more so with how the WDs after previous injuries were announced gradually, and likely decided gradually too)

It might feel that RC is a long way from now, but in terms of recovery and rehab, it's rather close,less than 3 weeks, and you gotta include the travel to get there.  Add covid cases, and I am already operating under the assumption he won't be there. I'm sorry RC satellites☹ if, in the end, he'll still go, it would really mean it's a smallish injury, and that would be GREAT news of course, but feels too good to be true😔 

I do believe he can overcome this... in time. Praying for that to happen as early as possible.🙏

Im unable to sleep at all thinking of this situation...and cant imagine how Yuzuru felt.From being excited to attend NHK and wanting to jump the 4A(from the interview) now to this.I just hope its not so serious injury as before.I get a feeling the injury is no so recent just its didnt fully heals by NHK.Also seeing in other sites that people mocking him for being reckless  practicing 4A during Olympic season really making this situation more sad...How do u guys cope with this during last Olympic cycle?Sorry for posting a lot about this as i had no one in my life who knew Yuzu so that i can vent this frustration out.He means a lot to me and seeing his skating really help me gets tru the pandemic

Guest Mary_kyo
19 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

Also seeing in other sites that people mocking him for being reckless  practicing 4A during Olympic season really making this situation more sad

Every single big innovation in the history, in any field, was mocked by a lot of idiots at first. Huge sacrifices are always paid for all of these innovations too. Him going for 4A in the Olympic season just shows how accomplished he is. He has won it all, for many times. I’m so proud of him for challenging this final ambitious goal. 'If people aren't laughing at your dreams…then they aren't big enough!'