General Yuzuru Chat

I was not around during the NHK 2017 ankle injury but from what i gather that there is no updates from his team so will we gets any updates at all from his team regarding the injuries  now or we just have to wait and see what are the plans.Compared to 2018 he really wants to win the Olympic so we know he will be going but for this season the goal is 4A not the Olympic 

Guest Mary_kyo

I think he will be in nationals, hopefully. Call me delusional but it seems universe wants him to land that monster in Olympics. He has two options obviously, (1) not making to nationals and therefore not going to Olympics but competing in Worlds (I’m not sure if JSF/rules let him be in the team for the Worlds tho) and (2) making to nationals and competing in the Olympics. Both options are nice to me because all he wants is to land 4A in his ideal skating performances, whether Olympics or Worlds. I just hope this was his final bad luck/trial in his path to his goal. It’s insane to think how much he has gone through. I beg the universe to be kinder to him.

Hello all, it’s been a while that I didnt write.   Thought it was my nightmare reading the news as I have been sick and sleeping a lot this wk, just wake up occasionally to do minimum things like taking med or checking PH chats or news briefly like now.  I /we feel sad and frustrated, so for sure Yuzu feels even worse.  Can we just send tons of pooh bears to shower sendai...

Yuzu, please get well and full recovery.  Please just pass COR too.  Hope you listen and be patient.  Only do Nationals or 4CC or Oly as u wish and when you are recovered.  Remember Pooh-san coach says:

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry.  We will get there someday”

Trust God will be kind and fair to him, just wait for that some fine days.  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

35 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

I think he will be in nationals, hopefully. Call me delusional but it seems universe wants him to land that monster in Olympics. He has two options obviously, (1) not making to nationals and therefore not going to Olympics but competing in Worlds (I’m not sure if JSF/rules let him be in the team for the Worlds tho) and (2) making to nationals and competing in the Olympics. Both options are nice to me because all he wants is to land 4A in his ideal skating performances, whether Olympics or Worlds. I just hope this was his final bad luck/trial in his path to his goal. It’s insane to think how much he has gone through. I beg the universe to be kinder to him.

If there's one thing that I've learned in all the years of stanning Yuzu, it's that somehow, the Universe seems to give him the greatest pain and grief, but it also seems to pave the way for him to achieve his greatest triumphs and in such a way that surpasses anything there has ever been before. Who knows what's possible for him yet.

If Yuzu makes a speedy recovery - and I'm still hoping that his injury is nothing serious - I believe he will compete in Japanese Nationals. Either way, I'm pretty sure if Yuzu wants to compete at the Olympics and if he sees himself to be in the mental and physical shape to do so, he will probably get his spot.

As of now, the most important thing is that he allows himself the time and rest needed to recover. Get well soon, Yuzu! :smiley-angelic001:

Let's all try to stay positive for Yuzu and send him our love and support. :loveshower:

According to Google Translate, the tag means "May Yuzuru Hanyu's injury be healed"

In Yuzu's own words, his highs are really high and lows are really low. Seeing that in the past quad, we've been seeing so many lows, and with this injury almost mirroring that of 2017, which must be the lowest of lows now, what high is coming for him now? I sincerely hope that the next high for Yuzu will be for him to achieve his ultimate dream, no matter what it may be to him. 

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

I was going to warn you about this article from Yomiuri Max is quoting. As some of the replies in the thread say, the original Yomiuri only says that Yuzu has entered for COR. I have checked some of the articles from major Japanese newspapers, and naturally, none of them had the info regarding when Yuzu is planning to come back. The announcement from JSF is the information source of these "sources." If you have read past several pages, you have already read everything they shared in the announcement, that Yuzu has withdrawn from NHK, the cause of withdrawal (right foot joint ligament injury,) and the message from him.

ETA: PDF of the announcement from JSF

https://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/common/img/info/21NHK_Yuzuru Hanyu.pdf

Hace 4 horas, Anni said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Yes, I hope he can feel the love and support of his fans :heart:

:snonegai:

By the way there is a hashtag on twitter

#GetWellSoonYuzu :grouphug:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/getwellsoonyuzu?src=hashtag_click

You know, I have tickets and everything arranged for COR… and few days ago I thought I should share maybe some pictures or experiences from this upcoming trip and opened an account in Twitter. Today I’ve used it for the first time:

I hope our good wishes and energy can reach Yuzu and give him strength and patience!!! :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

Hace 1 hora, Pammi said:

I want to send Yuzuru something so much, to cheer him, but what? Should we send flowers from PH to eg. ice rink sendai? or do you think he gets fed up of flowers?

Some top quality Sake??(that's what I'd be having if I was him lol!)

Sending messages - He knows we wish him well, it's all over Twitter and IG and here, so thinking of something more "concrete" if you like.

I'd send him my heart, but he already has it. :8232307:

😂 Sake is definitely a no go… hahaha… I was asking myself the same question all day long… The ice rink Sendai might appreciate one or two flowers arrangements but if everyone sends flowers it might be a waste and a lot of work for them. Ahhh it’s so hard… but let’s keep brainstorming!! 👍🏼 

I feel so bad for Yuzu. I hope he can catch a lucky break after this because it's way overdue.

I hope he takes all the time he needs to heal properly, and that he can feel all the love, support, and healing energy we're sending him. 

Hugs to everyone on the Planet, especially those who had plans to see him at NHK and COR. 

I don't think we need to worry about JSF not giving Yuzu a spot. It's probably more about whether he himself wants to go or not. Japan has 3 spots for men and these are the criteria for each spot: 

Assuming Yuzu doesn't compete at nationals and Yuma and Shoma get the first two spots, Yuzu could get the third spot safely based on his world standings. We know he's not JSF's darling but they're not that dumb not to send him if he can and wants to go. Besides, there are many sponsors and broadcasters who will, no doubt, pressure JSF like crazy. The only issue that could arise, i think, is if neither Shoma nor Yuma win the nationals. In that case the winner goes automatically and only two of {Yuma, Shoma and Yuzu} can be selected. It's an unlikely scenario but could be very tricky for everyone. 

But anyway, regardless of the Olympics, I hope Yuzu'll be able to recover soon and compete at nationals. It'd mean his injury is not that severe like previous seasons. Sending him positive energy. 

One sentence by 折山淑美, from the new book "Creating the Future", translated with deepL: "Sometimes he has to suffer from accidents or serious injuries, but he accepts it as 'the inevitable fate of a competitor who keeps challenging himself'."

So far, hardships have only made him stronger.

I wish him a fast recovery and an optimistic mind. Whatever he decides to do, I will support him. (But this might be a good moment for him to reflect about the value of patience. I will do this, too.)

Three days ago, I thought I wasn't ready to see him attempt 4A, and now I won't. I apologize. I will try to control my mind better in the future.

Big hug to everyone who has tickets for NHK or Rostelecom.

This is my first year as a fan, and I have no idea how those of you, who have been following him for longer, have survived his rollercoaster career. 

1 hour ago, lynnidolz said:

I was not around during the NHK 2017 ankle injury but from what i gather that there is no updates from his team so will we gets any updates at all from his team regarding the injuries  now or we just have to wait and see what are the plans.Compared to 2018 he really wants to win the Olympic so we know he will be going but for this season the goal is 4A not the Olympic 

I don't think we will hear anything from his team other than well wishes and maybe them asking Yuzu to come back to Toronto so that he can get proper treatment for his ankle from the same group of experts who treated him before the Olympics.  As far as anyone can tell from what is available on social media and in interviews, Yuzu has simply stopped communicating with them altogether ( and for no discernible reason, it seems. He just...stopped).  If we get any news about his ankle, it's going to be from Yuzu himself, is my guess.

A while ago I was chatting with another Yuzu fan, I said that I didn't care about scores or placements anymore, I was just grateful that he was healthy and hoped that he could achieve his dreams.

Now this... I am devastated... I can't even imagine how he is feeling now.

Just want to send all the positive vibes and good luck in the world to him and pray for his recovery. Going to Olympics isn't that important to him as in 2018 (based on the interviews). He can take all the time he wants to rest the ankle and challenge the boundary again.

We will always support you and your dreams.

This is so distressing! He was so close to the competition too😭. I hope he recovers well to achieve at least some of what he wants (4A in a comp). Guess I'll skip watching the NHK....I dont want to be subjected to talking heads pushing Yuma as the new "it" boy or all their hype talk of rivalry and BS drama that doesnt exist.

I may peek in to watch Shoma though...