General Yuzuru Chat

Say, if the same thing happens to him like in 2018, as in, MIA until JNats. Will he qualify for Olys if he doesn't take part in Nats? 

I have a funny feeling he will go to Olys and make history again. 

Anyway, I choose to remain positive and believe he will do what is best for him. This unfortunate event, however challenging it is, is just another mountain he has to climb. And he will climb it to get what he wants and then some.

Just checked twitter and....WHAT??!!

My heart was thumping at the news that he wanted to try 4A in NHK and now my heart just dropped straight down. 

Did he push himself with the jump practice? Arrgghh. Why he always have to experience such thing?! 

Eh, that made me super sad, but I hope he will be ok soon :( at least winning gold isn't his top priority now, and I hope he can live with missing this season if he's not properly healed. If he wants to land the monster jump, he can recover and do it next season... (as much as it would hurt me)

1 hour ago, Anni said:

Post from Neko Masamune

Rough translation with DeepL:

:10742289:

[NEWS]

Thanks for sharing!
The original message is a bit stronger than the DeepL translation. Nekomasamune says, "I believe Hanyu Yuzuru senshu's recovery from his injury and pray for it."

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Say, if the same thing happens to him like in 2018, as in, MIA until JNats. Will he qualify for Olys if he doesn't take part in Nats? 

I have a funny feeling he will go to Olys and make history again. 

Anyway, I choose to remain positive and believe he will do what is best for him. This unfortunate event, however challenging it is, is just another mountain he has to climb. And he will climb it to get what he wants and then some.

I dont think he will qualify because unlike for 2018 Olympic he is the reigning world champion during that time .I think some of the criteria for Olympic qualifications are based on Jnats placements or a reigning world champion/GPF champion or in top 3 world standing.His WS will drops now i think because he is unable to collect points from grand prix events.He is already no 2 now after Nathan won SCI.I might be wrong regarding the requirement.But like Rika Kihira who is injured and withdrew from one of her grand prix she said something like focusing on Jnats cause JSF usually send skaters based on Jnats placement.Besides now JSF has Shoma and Yuma who is medal contender so they might not need Yuzu anymore like in 2018 and i dont how Yuzu will feels if he is chosen without competing in Jnats since he clearly didnt have a strong feeling to participate in this Olympic compared to in 2018

I want to send Yuzuru something so much, to cheer him, but what? Should we send flowers from PH to eg. ice rink sendai? or do you think he gets fed up of flowers?

Some top quality Sake??(that's what I'd be having if I was him lol!)

Sending messages - He knows we wish him well, it's all over Twitter and IG and here, so thinking of something more "concrete" if you like.

I'd send him my heart, but he already has it. :8232307:

2 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Sending everyone a big bearish hug. Thank you also for taking care of yourself.: group hug:

I just learned it 1 hour ago and read all your writing and I had to pinch myself, because I did not believe it : what bad luck (or the "bitch" > :( ) Yuzu and you know that you are in the hearts of fanyus around the world and take your time to heal yourself and, here, I have an article where he says he is "very annoyed" not to be in Tokyo

https://www.eurosport.fr/patinage-artistique/nhk-trophy/2021-2022/patinage-yuzuru-hanyu-double-champion-olympique-declare-forfait-pour-le-trophee-nhk_sto8614355/story.shtml    : you can translate it 

As I read a lot, he knows that he has our support  : 11135030: and you are our emotional thoughts : snonegai:

Okay, I feel like I experience all 5 stages of grief this morning.

I opened Twitter and saw the news after I woke up and felt my heart break. I have been counting down the days till we got to see Yuzu again only to see that he injured that same ankle. I was so happy to have something to look forward to but now.. though honestly, as devastated as we all are for not being able to see to see him I know that what he must feeling is inevitable worse. I am sending him all the warm and positive vibes to help his healing!

However, this does throw some major question marks for his future. NHK trophy was probably going to be his most "safe" competition (in his home country, no overseas travel required) but now he only has the Rostelecom Cup in Russia before Nationals and I honestly don't know if I'd want him to risk going to Russia right now. Since he's missing NHK he may feel he has to go which I understand, though we have no idea what the extent of his injury is. If he's going to continue therapy and on-ice training then I don't think it's as bad as his 2017 injury. 

As others are mentioning, this is a near repeat of what happened before the 2018 Olympics, but with some new factors to consider. Yuzu is older, this ankle has been a major problem for some time, and now there's a new young medal contender - Yuma. Personally, I didn't sense Yuzu wanted to go to Beijing with the same fire he did for Pyeongchang, but now that he's missing competitions to debut the 4A he may go after all. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Nationals to qualify for the Olympics (given his injury is manageable) since the JSF will see Yuma as their great hope in 2022 for a medal. They probably won't give Yuzu a "free" pass like last time.