General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Text version of his comment from NHK NEWS WEB (https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20211104/k10013334791000.html)

and my rough translation (It seems some translations have already been posted so use it as a supplement if you can)

Hide contents

"I have been working toward NHK Trophy, putting my all into it, but with only one fall, I got injured. Now, I feel extremely kuyashii. Up until now, I have always been training while searching for/figuring out the best way. To gain something from this injury as well,  I will figure out a way and put my all into what I can.
My aim at the moment is to get back on the ice as soon as possible. I will rehabilitate on the ice while controlling my pain and do my best in getting back in competitive form as fast as possible.
Thank you so much for kindly supporting me through thick and thin. Your support has always warmed my heart. I will work hard to be able to evolve even more receiving the power of your supports."

I never thought I would read such news before reacting to some earlier comments. The description of the injury sounds similar to the ones we heard in 2017 and 2019. At the moment, it is not clear how serious it is, but it may be easier to get proper care here than in summer since the number of Covid cases is much lower now. I just hope he can receive good care and be able to get well soon.

He said he would rehabilitate on the ice, so I'm hoping it's nowhere as serious as 2017. Either way it must have been so upsetting for him, with NHK being only a week away. 

I don't wanna dwell on the negatives so I'll just focus on wishing him a speedy recovery. 

It feels like history repeats itself. I should've been prepared for this. This injury is like a ghost that will forever haunt Fanyu; we must face the reality and always keep this in mind. The fact it hasn't showed up for a while doesn't mean it disappears. It's just waiting for the fucking right time to slap us on the face. I can only hope this devil is kind to him this time and there's enough time for it to fuck off.

59 minutes ago, shanshani said:

hopefully the fact that he withdrew means he did develop the sense not to push his body through injury quite so much, and not that it was so serious he had no choice but to withdraw :59227c768286a__s:

I...wish it could be the former, I really do😅(but...)

So sorry for all the fans who were going to NHK and RC (cursed GP combo in oly season, apparently. One more thing to blame darned WC21 for, maybe). I suppose it's marginally better to know beforehand, but it's still heartbreaking :smiley-sad058:

I don't wanna think how he's feeling right now, yet I do think about that and I can't even begin to fathom how awful it must be for him,  being stopped like this. Maybe the fact that he's not aiming to absolutely win OGM makes it slightly slightly less is-the-world-ending? for me (deadline and momentum felt more ominous and pressing then), but recovering again that right ankle and going back to the form necessary to jump again 4A and fulfill his dream will be so hard. His jumps had been looking so strong and secure after two years without major injuries(that we know of), now it feels like he's back to square 0 (not even to square1), and any additional injury in that poor battered ankle makes things harder. :sad4: I want to believe he can come back and blow our minds again like he's gone after nhk17 and cor18, but ngl I've got plenty of what ifs in the back of my mind. I hope his body can match his strong will to come back :smiley-angelic001:

Even if this is a result of training 4A, I can't regret him going for the jump. He chose that path, there was always the chance that one of the many, many falls would be a bad one (I was holding my breath for the longest moment at gpf19, when he wouldn't immediately get up), and well... it's happened. I just... need to see him healthy again, skating, doing what he loves on the ice

Hugs to fellow satellites and all fanyus:grouphug:

Hoping it is not as serious as before since he said he will rehabilitate on ice.Now i will be praying every day for him to get better.It must be painful emotionally for him also as he just announced that he wants to land the 4A in NHK.Initially im taking day off during NHK to watch it lives and cheer for him now i guess im going to work.Cant bear to see Vincent winning NHK now.So sad also since GPF is in Japan.It seems like its an easy win for Nathan now .He seems eager to compete as soon as possible may be that a good signs that it is not serious.Selfish part of me is hoping that he will able to get better faster and able to skate soon.Seeing his skating truly helping me cope during this pandemic and previously im secretly hoping that he will go to the Olympics so that i can see he skates again especially during the Olympic as i never experience that as a fan before as im only be a fan after Pyeonchang.Now with this recent injuries i think the chances of him going to the Olympics becoming much more slimmer especially now that Olympic is not his priorities  compared to in 2018 when winning Olympic gold is ultimate goal and he still skating in pain because of that.Sorry for the rant..ultimately Yuzuru should do what best for him and didnt owe anything to his fan.Maybe he is going to the Olympic after all just to land the 4A since now he unable to do it in the grand prix.Finally i hope Yuzu can get the support he needs and able to achieve his goal

Guest Mary_kyo

It’s not easy being him at all. Just last night, I was ranting at the universe to let his final goal happen smoothly. :crybaby:

But he will overcome this trial too, I'm sure. 

Not sure if he starts the on-ice rehab right away, but if he has a clear vision of the rehab, I guess the injury is not worse than the ones he experienced in the past, at least. But dealing with such an injury every two years would never be easy. Hope there is any way we can support him even for a bit as fans.

As the one who witnessed his comeback to NHK in 2019 with @Kizuna, I don't take this as a curse. It's just he is trying to master such a difficult jump which is his dream. 

I just saw the news. Poor Yuzu! :crybaby:

It must be absolutely devastating for him. He had looked so confident about making his dream come true. And now this... :smiley-sad058:

All I can do is hope that it isn't a bad injury. Unlike the last couple of years, Yuzu only has that one goal of his own as his focus. So, I just hope it means that he's not pushing himself and this is rather a precaution more than a sign of a serious injury. :smiley-angelic001:

In the statements he sounds quite kuyashii and ready to go back on the ice again. I hope he takes it slow and lets himself recover fully before going back to his training.

I'm trying to be positive and see this as nothing more than a delay for him on his road to making his dream come true. I hope he gets all the love, support and care he needs. :heart:

All the best, Yuzu! Take good care of yourself and get better soon! :smiley-angelic001:

Just feel like I need extra post to pour out my frustration. These 2 days I opened twitter more often than ever only cuz I can see news up to NHK, his new SP, new costume, 4A, I don't fucking care FS anymore but only want to see him. But all those things seem too good to be true. Too good that I didn't expect to see this right on my face out of no where. This sounds allll familiar and I can't help recalling the anxious feeling I've been thru up to PC. I finally realize the cruel reality that if we want to see the spectacular scene of his 4A, the process will be long and bloody and painful and tearful, and we don't even know how long it will take.

18 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:cry:

I’m  bringing this here, because that message was from us, Planet Hanyu!! And just like at that time, we’ll show him strongly how beloved he is and that we support him always!

:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Yes, I hope he can feel the love and support of his fans :heart:

:snonegai:

By the way there is a hashtag on twitter

#GetWellSoonYuzu :grouphug:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/getwellsoonyuzu?src=hashtag_click

I just saw, i'm devastated for him :(( I hope he keeps safe and recovers well and comes back whenever he feels ready to (if that's jnats, the olympics or even not until next season then it's fine). I hope he looks at the big picture of his own life and career, not about what he feels he owes anyone (be that japan, his juniors, sponsors, the olympic committee, broadcasters or even his fans). He doesn't owe any of them anything. 

Stay kind to yourself Yuzu, getting injured isn't your fault.