General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

When (not if) he lands it in NHK it would be so fitting. At home.

I know Japanese peeps are all about following rules but please, I beg you!! Throw rules out of the window and bring that place down with cheers when it happens!  

Shibuya was packed with people this weekend because of Halloween. The crowd in the stadium should be allowed to scream and cry and go nuts :dancingeggplant:

When Yuzu lands that fabled 4A at NHK, there will be no stopping the crowd. I'm sure the entire rink will go completely and utterly nuts. They will totally bring the place down. :dancingpooh:

Ok now that I'm capable of rational thoughts:

Yuzu has always been "not yet, not yet, but will work hard, I absolutely want to land it" and he's talked about the power of saying something out loud to make it happen (or rather, to push himself to make it happen). That said, it would be very out of character from him to say he "wants to land 4A at NHK" which is in a little more than one week (GASP:tumblr_inline_mh8pweVDqw1qid2nw:) without having ever landed a proper 4A. So, looking forward to seeing Nessie! (My nerves tho😵 we'revalready waiting for the mysterious piano SP that only Yuzuru can do...)

In the meanwhile, praying really hard for continued health, because that's the only thing that would keep him from showing us 4A next week

("Next week" feels lowkey ominous now, how is it possible that it felt there were still months of drought before us, and now it's so friggin' close already?):tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I really want Yuzuru to achieve 4A. Healthy happy Yuzu landing 4A and showing his ideal skating: this isn't too much to ask, isn't it, skating gods?🥺🥺🥺🥺

plz:snonegai:

Not gonna lie. Axel news made my day. I am buried in deadlines. I've been at home for 6 months due to social distancing and buried with online work everyday. I'm running out of energy and I don't know how long I can hold it. But Yuzu is still here persistent with his unimaginable goal, and says he'll SHOW the result of his quiet work now. Whatever the result becomes, I feel like I can do it too, so I can show smt when this pandemic shit ends.

4 hours ago, Yuzupu said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA x n

I'm so gonna lose all my hair.

Hoping with all my heart that our boy will achieve for what he has been working so long and so hard. 

This was my reaction too.

Has everyone realized that 4A is basically an all-or-nothing proposition? If it's at the start of the program, and Yuzu lands it, then everything is probably going to be golden. If it goes the other way, that's a hell of a fall to try and bounce back from and get up and do a whole program afterwards. Chances are the rest of the program would also suffer.

And if it's towards the end of the program....words fail me. That would be the work of a true madman. It would be amazing, but like watching Yoda use the Force to lift Luke's X-wing from the swamp...I wouldn't be able to believe what I am seeing.

So on that note,  my gut hunch is that this is Yuzu gambling everything at once. 

However, past history has shown us that Yuzu never gambles unless he's reasonably sure of the outcome...so I think he made this announcement because he can now land 4A to his full satisfaction. 

But this is not going to be good at all for my own nerves...like seriously,  Yuzu, what the heck...thanks for two weeks warning so I can book my defibrillator in advance, but still what the heck...

On 10/30/2021 at 6:04 PM, Geo1 said:

I don’t think it was a case of not paying enough for the stylist. Towa would not skimp on the cost of a stylist when dressing a megastar like Yuzu for such a flagship commercial. Judging from how some other Japanese celebrities have been dressed, I just think that there are Japanese stylists who have very strange ideas of what looks good.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:51 PM, Umebachi said:

It's a very "Showa-era" look, i.e. mid-20th century. Those are Towa colors and somehow it invokes a kindly "uncle who brings nice toys to kids and helps out in family outings" look.   Towa doesn't want a flashy guy - needs the person to project a soothing and comforting demeanor, which is what this dress code invokes.  Squishing Yuzu into those clothes does appear odd and gives me a cognitive dissonance because I can't imagine him being that kind but stuffy uncle! 

As for Kuroyanagi Tetsuko....she's iconic and has her own style, and that balloony green dress is in line with her fashion sense, imho. 

For me, the issue is the colors. I realize they are the company colors, but they simply do not suit Yuzu's snowy complexion. 

Feeling the same as everyone here. It's okay, if I wanted to relax, I wouldn't have joined this forum.

We won't be able to catch up with discussing music, costume, SP, layout, jump and so on.

22 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Has everyone realized that 4A is basically an all-or-nothing proposition?

He might even prepare two different layouts. And as much as I wish to see Ten to Chi to with this glorious success, it's a pity that there will be the sacrifice of another beautiful jump in this program.

Anyway, hey, cacti, the watering will be a flooding!