General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I'm out of the loop, has he mentioned successfully landing it before? or is he saying this at a time when we have no idea how quad axel training is going? :59227c768286a__s:

I think the last he said was that he was around on it but couldn't land it. But I could be remembering wrong 😅

22 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I'm out of the loop, has he mentioned successfully landing it before? or is he saying this at a time when we have no idea how quad axel training is going? :59227c768286a__s:

As far as I recall, he said something in a recent interview that suggested that the 4A is ready to go. He didn't say it directly, but the implication was there. :puddingpooh:

50 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Holy shit! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: :13877886: :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Okay, this is getting real. This is not a test. It's happening! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

All we can do is hope for the best. Yuzu, may you make your dream come true and achieve your goal. And please stay healthy and happy! That's the most important thing! :snonegai:

:confused0066:

I was really very relaxed today, but now :13877886::panic:

I keep my fingers crossed for him :smiley-angelic001:

53 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Holy shit! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: :13877886: :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Okay, this is getting real. This is not a test. It's happening! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

All we can do is hope for the best. Yuzu, may you make your dream come true and achieve your goal. And please stay healthy and happy! That's the most important thing! :snonegai:

[NEWS]

:surprised:

I cannot deal with this level of anxiety this early in the morning. I mean, we all knew he was going to put it in a competitive program eventually, but still.

20 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

I'm currently googling how to avoid heart attack under extreme anxiety....

I hope I will survive NHK

Try meditation. I've been meditating on a more or less regular basis for a couple of years and it really helps with anxiety, including Yuzu induced anxiety. :grin: Walks in nature also help. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

3 minutes ago, river said:

:surprised:

I cannot deal with this level of anxiety this early in the morning. I mean, we all knew he was going to put it in a competitive program eventually, but still.

I know! It's one thing to know that he's working on it and that we will eventually see it in the future. But to actually have a specific set date just... makes it so real... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: :panic:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

[NEWS]

:meditationf::meditationf::meditationf:

OMG OMG OMG if Yuzu lands a 4A at NHK it's over! Game over, done, finished.

HOWEVER, I have to wonder if this interview was done some time ago? Or was it done more recently? Has he landed it in practice? Or is he still working towards it? I don't want him to put too much pressure on himself, like feeling like he has to land the 4A at NHK and anything less is failure. All I am looking forward to is seeing him again (and hopefully new costumes and a new SP...)

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

I'm out of the loop, has he mentioned successfully landing it before? or is he saying this at a time when we have no idea how quad axel training is going? 

The last interviews that we got were in July. He had not landed 4A at that time. 

The only words we got from him since then were some white-wall-crumbs about two weeks ago. He was quite cryptic. Here are some of the translations. 

October 18: 

(the comments helped me to understand this one better): 

October 22: 

https://twitter.com/axelsandwich/status/1451506806832832518?s=21

(My favorite among these is "realistically maybe do it", lol.)

Guest Mary_kyo
4 minutes ago, KendallKlaire said:

Has he landed it in practice?

There was a talk with Max (around October 2020) in which he said Yuzu has landed it in practice but the consistency rate is low. I think he has landed it but who knows the rate now….. 

I decided I will not watch NHK live, good luck to other brave fanyus! 

54 minutes ago, KendallKlaire said:

OMG OMG OMG if Yuzu lands a 4A at NHK it's over! Game over, done, finished.

HOWEVER, I have to wonder if this interview was done some time ago? Or was it done more recently? Has he landed it in practice? Or is he still working towards it? I don't want him to put too much pressure on himself, like feeling like he has to land the 4A at NHK and anything less is failure. All I am looking forward to is seeing him again (and hopefully new costumes and a new SP...)

I'm pretty sure that since Yuzu publicly announced a specific date for himself to land the 4A in competition, he should be fairly confident about it already.

Until now, he was always quite vague about it. I believe he wouldn't just put undue pressure on himself - let alone risk injury recklessly - without having a high enough success rate and a stable enough technique to actually land the jump in competition.

He doesn't have to prove himself to anyone anymore and he knows that.

To me, this is a man full of confidence and certainty. :ganba:

Go, Yuzu! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

When (not if) he lands it in NHK it would be so fitting. At home.

I know Japanese peeps are all about following rules but please, I beg you!! Throw rules out of the window and bring that place down with cheers when it happens!  

Shibuya was packed with people this weekend because of Halloween. The crowd in the stadium should be allowed to scream and cry and go nuts :dancingeggplant: