General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

it feels to me like it is his turn for the stars to align - not much has gone right for Yuzu in the last few years - the things we know of are: injury post Olys, Chenflation, no coach at GPF2019, pandemic, training alone, earthquakes around 10th anniversary of 2011 disaster and on day of travel to Worlds (I do think that may well have affected Yuzu in Stockholm)... he is due a break Universe, please deliver!! The reason he deserves to win is truly because he is the best, we are not wishing ill on others, just hoping with all our might that things go right for Yuzuru on the right days, OK Universe??!!

And also his unfortunate asthma attack at Worlds. :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

This is like a classical hero's journey: the hero has to overcome many obstacles and suffer many heartbreaks until he can finally triumph. And what a magnificent triumph it is.

Yuzu has already lived through multiple of such hero's journeys. At this point, I also feel like it's time for him to experience another magnificent triumph. It's really due. And the Beijing Olympics would be the absolutely perfect opportunity for that. :dancingpooh:

On another note, I also really, really hope that Boyang will experience a great success at his home Olympics, hopefully even a medal. After everything that poor guy has gone through the last couple of years, I wish him all the best. He would really deserve it. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

And of course Sui/Han! They would also more than deserve a gold medal at their home Olympics. :cheer:

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

If Yuzu manages to land that quad Axel and get that Olympic triple in Beijing, he will put every shonen anime hero to shame.

Fun fact

Reveal hidden contents

In the 2000s there were three Winter Olympians so far who won three back-to-back gold medals in the same individual event:

• 1994, 1998, 2002: Claudia Pechstein (GER): Speed skating, 5000m women
  • 2010, 2014, 2018: Sven Kramer (NED): Speed skating, 500m men
  • 2010, 2014, 2018: Dario Cologna (SUI): Cross-country skiing, 15km men

Kjetil André Aamodt (NOR, Super-G), Ole Einar Bjørndalen (NOR, 10km biathlon sprint) and Shaun White (USA, halfpipe) won three Olympic golds in one event as well, but not back-to-back.

His life would already provide more than enough material for multiple seasons of an anime series. :xD:

4 hours ago, Pammi said:

Can you believe this from a National Sports media?? Please support your athletes would be my message to Kyodo.

(BUT... if Yuzu sees this he'll definitely win Olys lol!)

Of course I believe. Aren't the Japanese judges the ones that reward NC with the highest PC marks? Even if he has more than one major mistake which technically should limit the PC ceiling? Aren't they the same judges that even in Japanese National invalidate Yuzuru's perfectly fine elements? Why should I expect any better from Japanese media?

Seriously, what is wrong with them?

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

The article is based on a prediction by Gracenote. Predict what they predicted at the end of January 2018.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2018/01/31/olympics/winter-olympics/japan-projected-win-two-gold-medals-pyeongchang-olympics-downgrade-analysts/

Reveal hidden contents

"PYEONGCHANG, SOUTH KOREA – Analysts downgraded Japan’s Pyeongchang Olympics medal projection from 15 to 14 on Tuesday, while lowering the nation’s gold medal haul from four to two.

According to sports analytics firm Gracenote’s latest virtual medal table, Japan’s figure skating prospects have taken a hit since it was last released on Jan. 10. Expected gold medals in men’s figure skating for Yuzuru Hanyu and team figure skating have now been switched to silver.

The firm now projects Spain’s Javier Fernandez to win the men’s event. The team event is now expected to go to Russian skaters, who have passed strict screening to compete despite their national Olympic committee being banned for doping violations.

In addition to leading the Olympic Athletes from Russia to team gold, Evegenia Medvedeva is projected to win the women’s gold.

Gracenote still sees Japan winning two speed skating gold medals in the women’s 500 meters through Nao Kodaira and women’s team pursuit."

Given the track record of the one making the predictions, I’d rather they NOT pick him to win! 
:yuzususpect:

1 hour ago, ZuCritter said:

Given the track record of the one making the predictions, I’d rather they NOT pick him to win! 
:yuzususpect:

The only prediction about Yuzu that I believe is the following: once it's permitted again to throw gifts on the ice after a skater's performance, he will be showered with Poohs until the entire ice rink is full of yellow bears. :puddingpooh:

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

The article is based on a prediction by Gracenote. Predict what they predicted at the end of January 2018.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2018/01/31/olympics/winter-olympics/japan-projected-win-two-gold-medals-pyeongchang-olympics-downgrade-analysts/

Hide contents

"PYEONGCHANG, SOUTH KOREA – Analysts downgraded Japan’s Pyeongchang Olympics medal projection from 15 to 14 on Tuesday, while lowering the nation’s gold medal haul from four to two.

According to sports analytics firm Gracenote’s latest virtual medal table, Japan’s figure skating prospects have taken a hit since it was last released on Jan. 10. Expected gold medals in men’s figure skating for Yuzuru Hanyu and team figure skating have now been switched to silver.

The firm now projects Spain’s Javier Fernandez to win the men’s event. The team event is now expected to go to Russian skaters, who have passed strict screening to compete despite their national Olympic committee being banned for doping violations.

In addition to leading the Olympic Athletes from Russia to team gold, Evegenia Medvedeva is projected to win the women’s gold.

Gracenote still sees Japan winning two speed skating gold medals in the women’s 500 meters through Nao Kodaira and women’s team pursuit."

Wha-- this "sports analytics firm" originally predicted.....a TEAM GOLD for JAPAN in PYEONGCHANG and then downgraded to a silver? A silver for the TEAM event? In PYEONGCHANG? For JAPAN? And their predictions are still being published by legitimate news organizations?

:LOL:

I'd be that lazy internet surfer for now (ie. not gonna bother researching about this Nielsen's Gracenote... group) so I'll just say this — that group's hella WHACK :brain-slug-smiley:

Also Army of Acolytes sounds hella cool — less prone to degradation of meaning (like you could use Fanyu to mock Yuzu fans, but Army of Acolytes? You cannot use it like that :P). Call us army of acolytes any time you like, see if we feel hurt by it(!!)

4 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I'd be that lazy internet surfer for now (ie. not gonna bother researching about this Nielsen's Gracenote... group) so I'll just say this — that group's hella WHACK :brain-slug-smiley:

Also Army of Acolytes sounds hella cool — less prone to degradation of meaning (like you could use Fanyu to mock Yuzu fans, but Army of Acolytes? You cannot use it like that :P). Call us army of acolytes any time you like, see if we feel hurt by it(!!)

I have to be honest, I don't know what acolytes mean so those supposedly offensive words got completely lost on me :/

5 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I propose that "acolyte" be added to the ranks for this forum :59182a91b7414_cool(1):