General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo

My question to Sano san is why does Yuzu even “need” to add 4A to change the perception of the judges? If judging was fair, him cleanly landing 4 quads SHOULD have been enough for him to win over Nathanially or anyone else by miles.

And no, him landing 4A will not give him gold. While Sano san was sleeping under the rocks, USA and RUS were busy distributing the medals. Wasn’t SKAM enough evidence? 

I only agree on the obvious part that landing 4A is a new page in history, actually the most epic moment of FS history, especially coming from someone as accomplished as him and in a masterpiece that is Tenchi.

Back to my hiatus from this circus. Why is NHK so far.

8 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:wave: ALL : first of all I address myself to the LUCKY who can admire all the Yuzu produced in Japanese stores live and I dream of it  :girlsigh:  and I read (with a magnifying glass) the text of (sorry I don't know who) he is above and who talks about Yuzu and, at one point, I saw "old man" admittedly in the skating, it's old 27 years old in December, but M Brezina is indeed 31 years old !!!! and he continues to skate ..... 

Ahhhh this Otonal STSQ is WONDERFULL  :peek:  , isn't it :heartsign:

OK with you Mary Kyo, Yuzu will do his 4A for us too ALL his fans and for the GOLD ?! , in the dungeon : / 

A video with a title  :2thumbsup: 

I’m sure Yuzu was eager to land the 4A before now, but landing it just before the Olympics would have the advantage of generating greater media attention. Many sports publications and shows that typically ignore skating would write or broadcast stories about it. And as a former reporter, I can’t imagine that anyone would produce a story that mentions the upcoming Olympic contest without also mentioning Yuzu’s monumental achievement. I don’t know how much that would influence the judging, but it’s plausible — I would even say probable — that it would have some effect. To paraphrase Brian : Never underestimate the power of a dominant narrative. 
:gla:

13 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

OMG! This is amazing! :heartpound:

Only Yuzu can do it like this. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I love this step sequence.:heart:  It seems so as if he is "floating" over the ice. :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Here from a different camera perspective. Even the commentator was impressed.:tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Yuzu appears briefly in the Sports Watcher opening in his blue UA training clothes :peace2:

[NEWS]

EDIT:

Oh dear... They really want him to go. They REALLY REALLY REALLY want him to go...  :embSwan:

Ten to chi to medals, Ten to chi to color schemes and boards, Ten to chi to motto...

How can Ten to chi to not be the winning free skate, when literally everything is Ten to chi to.

[NEWS]

Lae also explained the medal designs and the writing on them.

Come on, if this isn't the greatest sign! :cheer:

The medals literally have part of Yuzu's name and his FP's name written on them. And also the concept of heaven and earth.  :knc_yuzu1:

Yuzu's life and career have already been full of unbelievable occurrences and coincidences that seemed to come right out of an anime. This is another one of these things that seem almost supernatural.

I'd say the stage is set for 3-time Olympic Champion Yuzuru Hanyu! :multibow:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:
Yuzu's life and career have already been full of unbelievable occurrences and coincidences that seemed to come right out of an anime. This is another one of these things that seem almost supernatural.

I'd say the stage is set for 3-time Olympic Champion Yuzuru Hanyu! :multibow:

If Yuzu manages to land that quad Axel and get that Olympic triple in Beijing, he will put every shonen anime hero to shame.

Fun fact

Spoiler

In the 2000s there were three Winter Olympians so far who won three back-to-back gold medals in the same individual event:

• 1994, 1998, 2002: Claudia Pechstein (GER): Speed skating, 5000m women
  • 2010, 2014, 2018: Sven Kramer (NED): Speed skating, 500m men
  • 2010, 2014, 2018: Dario Cologna (SUI): Cross-country skiing, 15km men

Kjetil André Aamodt (NOR, Super-G), Ole Einar Bjørndalen (NOR, 10km biathlon sprint) and Shaun White (USA, halfpipe) won three Olympic golds in one event as well, but not back-to-back.

Can you believe this from a National Sports media?? Please support your athletes would be my message to Kyodo.

(BUT... if Yuzu sees this he'll definitely win Olys lol!)

I mean, nerfed score aside, Yuzu is still the strongest skater in men's single from Japan, it's honestly nonsensical to not send him to the Olympics (especially if he is in his prime physical condition...).

I mean sure, with the (excessive) score padding NC could beat Yuzu, but then again the ice is slippery, anything can still happen (...and here I am still cautiously optimistic that, in the event of Yuzu successfully landing his 4A, the judges wouldn't dare nerf his score as has been their custom these recent seasons...😒🙄😤).

Let's just hope everything aligns well for Yuzu in the Olympics...

7 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Let's just hope everything aligns well for Yuzu in the Olympics...

it feels to me like it is his turn for the stars to align - not much has gone right for Yuzu in the last few years - the things we know of are: injury post Olys, Chenflation, no coach at GPF2019, pandemic, training alone, earthquakes around 10th anniversary of 2011 disaster and on day of travel to Worlds (I do think that may well have affected Yuzu in Stockholm)... he is due a break Universe, please deliver!! The reason he deserves to win is truly because he is the best, we are not wishing ill on others, just hoping with all our might that things go right for Yuzuru on the right days, OK Universe??!!

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Can you believe this from a National Sports media ?? Please support your athletes would be my message to Kyodo.

(BUT ... if Yuzu sees this he will definitely win Olys lol!)

I find the title of this article very "sly" (he doesn't deserve his reign !?) compared to Yuzu and OK with Pammi if he reads it? and it has a saying that goes "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" and I read at the bottom of this article from? who affirms that NC in skate America had the gold : NAN it was V Zhou who had it / Shoma in silver and NC in bronze ...... and as you write the stars of Yuzu n ' unfortunately, not done well for him (OK for your list) and about "slippery ice" there were a lot of falls among the guys and I was sick to my heart for K Aymoz who missed his performance in MS and abandonment for his FS (he is just recovering from an illness) and his very sad face and his eyes cloudy 

YUZU you are one  : hachimaki:      and here is, again, a video of a Yuzu who can be funny 

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Can you believe this from a National Sports media?? Please support your athletes would be my message to Kyodo.

It's so amusing. I mean:

a) If Yuzu doesn't go, it's definitely a win.

b) If Yuzu goes, but doesn't win, it's still a win, because his appearance is a win by default.

c) If Yuzu goes and wins, he will go down in history as the messiah of figure skating who even managed to beat fate.

:xD:

3 hours ago, Pammi said:

The article is based on a prediction by Gracenote. Predict what they predicted at the end of January 2018.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2018/01/31/olympics/winter-olympics/japan-projected-win-two-gold-medals-pyeongchang-olympics-downgrade-analysts/

Spoiler

"PYEONGCHANG, SOUTH KOREA – Analysts downgraded Japan’s Pyeongchang Olympics medal projection from 15 to 14 on Tuesday, while lowering the nation’s gold medal haul from four to two.

According to sports analytics firm Gracenote’s latest virtual medal table, Japan’s figure skating prospects have taken a hit since it was last released on Jan. 10. Expected gold medals in men’s figure skating for Yuzuru Hanyu and team figure skating have now been switched to silver.

The firm now projects Spain’s Javier Fernandez to win the men’s event. The team event is now expected to go to Russian skaters, who have passed strict screening to compete despite their national Olympic committee being banned for doping violations.

In addition to leading the Olympic Athletes from Russia to team gold, Evegenia Medvedeva is projected to win the women’s gold.

Gracenote still sees Japan winning two speed skating gold medals in the women’s 500 meters through Nao Kodaira and women’s team pursuit."