General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

....when it comes to sports that aren't English Premier League soccer, the Guardian is an utter rag...

don't read unless you actually WANT your blood pressure raised

:yuzuwtf:

No literally: "The high-profile rivalry with Hanyu, who in Pyeongchang became the first men’s skater to successfully defend an Olympic gold medal in 66 years, was primed to explode at the Beijing Games but has since been reduced to one-way traffic" 
Idk if I'm interpreting this the wrong way but someone needs to get their facts checked :8:

12 minutes ago, toesocks said:

No literally: "The high-profile rivalry with Hanyu, who in Pyeongchang became the first men’s skater to successfully defend an Olympic gold medal in 66 years, was primed to explode at the Beijing Games but has since been reduced to one-way traffic" 
Idk if I'm interpreting this the wrong way but someone needs to get their facts checked :8:

Welcome to the Planet,  and yes. 

I didn't notice he was saying よいしょ (Yoisho:rofl3:

It's so difficult to explain about this phrase in English.

My dictionaries say;

https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/よいしょ

https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=よいしょ

(expression of effort or strain) huff!; yo-heave-ho!; heigh-ho, or alley-oop

Or, upsy-daisy

But, I don't think this explains correctly :scratch3:

On 10/23/2021 at 4:11 PM, toesocks said:

I'm sorry but it would be hilarious if the piano piece was the other like 8 minutes of Ballade No. 1 LMAO :knc_brian2:

Yuzu doing a fashionable avantgarde Chopin remix called "Chopin Resurrected". :LOL:

No matter what music Yuzu chose for his SP, I'm confident his program will be another masterpiece. :agree2:

21 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

....when it comes to sports that aren't English Premier League soccer, the Guardian is an utter rag...

don't read unless you actually WANT your blood pressure raised

:yuzuwtf:

Really - back away from the Guardian sports coverage - it is very bad for your health - I was foaming at the mouth after their 2018 Olympic coverage which read like it was dictated by Scott Hamilton.  

On 10/23/2021 at 1:51 PM, DancingFeather said:

By the way, after Nam's interview, I'm concerned to hear about the increasing number of skaters who went through / go through a really bad time for their mental health. It's good to hear they got help. Covid and the upcoming Olympics are taking their toll. (If my english wording isn't appropriate, it is unintentionally, please look over it.)

Yuzu please, stay confident, healthy and happy in your lonely work cave! We are looking forward to seeing you, whatever you decide to skate. :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Well I think in Nam's case, he was hardly able to train at all last year because of our lockdowns and that probably made his mental health a lot worse. 

13 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Forum UI slightly changed? Now I see a small rocket on everyone's profile photo :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: 

Me too. I think it's supposed too indicate the rank level? Which, mine is StSq4...yes, please, one level 4 StSq in every one of Yuzu's skates from now on, please, and properly scored, too. 

This is not new but it came up on my YouTube suggestions and I think it’s really nice!  Makes me really want to buy it (I was holding back!). Maybe I will buy a bunch of Yuzu books together when this season’s new ones are released next year…cheaper shipping this way…