General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Fay said:

No one’s brought over the green-panted Yuzu yet? 

Are those pajama pants? My first thought was scrub pants because of the color but the cut is all wrong and there's no drawstring. (And also why would Yuzu have scrubs?)

Or has Yuzu started getting fancier with his off-ice sartorial choices - we wouldn't be fashion twins with all-black sweats/long sleeve shirt combos if we were on the same flight again?

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

No one’s brought over the green-panted Yuzu yet?

They have but who cares? we love seeing green-panted Yuzu repeatedly!! It has an intimate quality to it, seeing him at home in his green pants :softYuzu:

2 hours ago, yude said:

After watching his new interview (especially his comment "please look forward to it"), I feel like we are really going to see Yuzuru's try of 4A in the competition in this season. I hope he stays healthy and makes his dream come true :tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg: 

Yes, I agree with you. The tone of his voice is very bright and confident. I don't know about the result, but I'm almost sure he will try 4A at NHK Trophy. I suddenly feel very scared...:13877886: I just pray he will be healthy and happy:smiley-angelic001:

The lead up to Skate America is riling up my interest in figure skating again and I honestly think the sport is just getting so ugly right now. Beyond unfair scoring there are issues of sexual predators getting away or not receiving the banishment/punishment they deserve (Vanessa's statement is just built on lies...), homophobia by Russian coaches and commentators not being addressed or punished by the ISU (absolutely pitiful), and just the low career sustainability by athletes in general (skating isn't the lifelong career it used to be). 

This is all just making me think that after Yuzu retires I'm really not sure I'll keep watching and that's really sad. Beyond Yuzu I love the Japanese ladies, but their federation really doesn't offer them the same level of support the Russians get (inflated scores at home may mean better scores abroad). 

I'm rewatching Yuzu's programs in anticipation for the NHK trophy and am falling more in love with Heaven in Earth. I love all the subtle gestures and especially how the tension in his body tightens and relaxes with the music (especially after the 4t-3s in the second half).  I also love that Yuzu really takes care to tell a story with his program and I feel he was so into it he had to take a few seconds after his finishing move. I really hope he lands his 4A to make him feel this program is complete. I'm also very excited to see a new SP! With his interviews lately I don't think he views going to the Olympics as an important thing to him, and honestly I'd understand if he retired after Japanese Nationals in the style of Machida if he landed his 4A by then (as heartbroken as we'd all be). But that's all up to Yuzu.

On 10/13/2021 at 6:20 PM, SuzyQ said:

Not the whole program, but it seems they will talk about the music of Yuzuru's programs :smartass: 

"The Grand Prix Series is about to start.  Figure Skater Yuzuru Hanyu's obsession with "sound".
What is the greatness of Hanyu's performance structure discovering from the music...? "

October 22 (Fri) 9:00 pm  at TV Asahi 

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/imishin/

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Here the recordings from today's broadcast :happy:

[NEWS]

11 hours ago, KendallKlaire said:

With his interviews lately I don't think he views going to the Olympics as an important thing to him, and honestly I'd understand if he retired after Japanese Nationals in the style of Machida if he landed his 4A by then (as heartbroken as we'd all be). But that's all up to Yuzu.

Honestly? I wouldn't be heartbroken at all. I would be very happy for him, having achieved his last big dream in competition.

And I would be super excited about the next step in his career, because I feel that the best Yuzu is yet to come, when the competition madness has finally come to an end.

Can't wait to see show-Yuzu in full bloom or scientist-Yuzu dive into a new research field or whatever he plans to do in the future  :cheer:

13 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Honestly? I wouldn't be heartbroken at all. I would be very happy for him, having achieved his last big dream in competition.

And I would be super excited about the next step in his career, because I feel that the best Yuzu is yet to come, when the competition madness has finally come to an end.

Can't wait to see show-Yuzu in full bloom or scientist-Yuzu dive into a new research field or whatever he plans to do in the future  :cheer:

...and as a Japanese/global citizen I am looking forward to activist-Yuzu leading the nation (and the world eventually) toward environmentally-friendly and socially-just future!  

Meanwhile, from the sublime to the more mundane:  his green pyjama pants are causing another hanyuconomy whirlwind.  Japanese fanyus have sleuthed out the product - they think it's brand VENEX, made of special materials that wil wick moisture off your skin.  I expect it will be sold out in nanoseconds...

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

Meanwhile, from the sublime to the more mundane:  his green pyjama pants are causing another hanyuconomy whirlwind.  Japanese fanyus have sleuthed out the product - they think it's brand VENEX, made of special materials that wil wick moisture off your skin.  I expect it will be sold out in nanoseconds...

Yup, you called it:

15 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

This sounds like Yuzu is getting really close to perfecting the jump to rule all jumps. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I believe we're gonna see the birth of 4A this season. :10636614:

Just imagine Yuzu skating a clean SP and a clean FP with perfect 4As... :13877886: Perhaps at the Olympics!!! :2011112318014775d:

[NEWS]

I feeeeeeel like the wording is super careful lol. Obviously he doesn't want to say he's landed it. Is it because he wants to keep things mysterious? Because he hasn't landed it yet? Who knows! But he sounds confident, and I have 100% faith in him. It will happen. I want him to land this jump and have an absolutely FANTASTIC season more than anything. I know he can do it!! <3<3<3 Love you, Yuzu! Haven't watched a single competition this season yet, but can't wait for NHK and Rostelecom Cup!