General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

It's the translator translated "悲愴," a translation of "pathetic," as sorrow. Japanese fans call the program 悲愴.

Oh I see thank you! so is the correct translation Pathetic, or maybe Pathos? which means evoking sadness or sorrow?  Do Japanese fans have different names for Yuzuru's other programmes, I'd love to know!

18 hours ago, Pammi said:

Oh I see thank you! so is the correct translation Pathetic, or maybe Pathos? which means evoking sadness or sorrow?  Do Japanese fans have different names for Yuzuru's other programmes, I'd love to know!

悲愴 is a part of Japanese translation of the title of the musical piece that describes the motif of it, so if its English title is "Etude Op.8 No.12 "Pathetic,"" translation here should be "Pathetic," though "Pathetic" should be a translation of another word... :59227c768286a__s: But the word 悲愴 itself can be translated as "pathos" as well.

Following are the other Japanese nicknames of the programs I know of.

Most of them are four-syllable abbreviations of romanized or translated titles of the music.

チゴイネ (Chigoine): Abbreviation of チゴイネルワイゼン (Chigoineruwaizen = Zigeunerweisen)

ロミジュリ (Romi-Juri): Abbreviation of ロミオとジュリエット (Romio to Jurietto = Romeo and Juliet)

パリ散 (Pari-san): Abbreviation of パリの散歩道 (Pari no Sanpo-michi = Parisienne Walkways)

ダムパリ (Damu-Pari): Abbreviation of ノートルダム・ド・パリ(Notorudamu do Pari = Notre Dame de Paris)

バラ1 (Bara-Ichi): Abbreviation of バラード第1番 (Barado dai-ichiban = Ballade No.1)

オペラ座 (Opera-za): Abbreviation of オペラ座の怪人 (Opera-za no Kaijin = Phantom of the Opera)

レックレ (Rekkure): Abbreviation of レッツゴー・クレイジー (Rettsugo Kureijii = Let’s Go Crazy)

ホプレガ (Hopu-Rega): Abbreviation of ホープ・アンド・レガシー (Hopu ando Regashii = Hope and Legacy)

クリメモ (Kuri-Memo): Abbreviation of クリスタルメモリーズ (Kurisutaru Memoriizu = Crystal Memories)

SEIMEI, Origin, Otonal are all within four-syllable in Japanese. I wonder if it was according to Yuzu's calculation :think: (ETA: Sorry, Otonal was the title of the music)

White Legend used to be called “白鳥 (Haku-Cho = swan)” by some, but since Yuzu has two swan-themed programs now, I guess it has become obsolete. 

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

悲愴 is a part of Japanese translation of the title of the musical piece that describes the motif of it, so if its English title is "Etude Op.8 No.12 "Pathetic," translation here should be "Pathetic," though "Pathetic" should be a translation of another word... :59227c768286a__s: But the word 悲愴 itself can be translated as pathos, as well.

Following are the other Japanese nicknames of the programs I know of.

Most of them are four-syllable abbreviations of romanized or translated titles of the music.

チゴイネ (Chigoine): Abbreviation of チゴイネルワイゼン (Chigoineruwaizen = Zigeunerweisen)

ロミジュリ (Romi-Juri): Abbreviation of ロミオとジュリエット (Romio to Jurietto = Romeo and Juliet)

パリ散 (Parisan): Abbreviation of パリの散歩道 (Pari no Sanpo-michi = Parisienne Walkways)

ダムパリ (Damu-Pari): Abbreviation of ノートルダム・ド・パリ(Notorudamu do Pari = Notre Dame de Paris)

バラ1 (Bara-Ichi): Abbreviation of バラード第1番 (Barado dai-ichiban = Ballade No.1)

オペラ座 (Opera-za): Abbreviation of オペラ座の怪人 (Opera-za no Kaijin = Phantom of the Opera)

レックレ (Rekkure): Abbreviation of レッツゴー・クレイジー (Rettsugo Kureijii = Let’s Go Crazy)

ホプレガ (Hopu-Rega): Abbreviation of ホープ・アンド・レガシー (Hopu ando Regashii = Hope and Legacy)

クリメモ (Kuri-Memo): Abbreviation of クリスタルメモリーズ (Kurisutaru Memoriizu = Crystal Memories)

SEIMEI, Origin, Otonal are all within four-syllable in Japanese. I wonder if it was according to Yuzu's calculation :think:

White Legend used to be called “白鳥 (Haku-Cho = swan)” by some, but since Yuzu has two swan-themed programs now, I guess it has become obsolete. 

Thanks so much for spending the time writing these out!  The only one I knew was Romi-Juri!

I like Bara Ichi I might start using it myself! 

5 hours ago, hananistellata said:

I keep thinking about Yuzuru's allergy to cats and to be honest it might even be the saddest thing I've heard in the last couple of weeks. Someone please give him a hypoallergenic cat right now. :crybaby:

A Maine Coon cat would fit the bill....they are huge and talkative...imagine Yuzu with a giant cat meowing  at his knee and following him everywhere... so cute! 

I wonder if Yuzu watches Rachel & Jun? Or, should I say, the 4 Cats channel? 

Or maybe he prefers ClaireLuvcat?

15 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

A Maine Coon cat would fit the bill....they are huge and talkative...imagine Yuzu with a giant cat meowing  at his knee and following him everywhere... so cute! 

Oh they are gorgeous cats, just imagine the photos of the 2 of them together :softYuzu::softYuzu::softYuzu:

Re: hypoallergenic cats — I was thinking of Neva Masquerade, also a hypoallergenic cat breed despite its fluffiness :tumblr_inline_np9uqfin9j1qid2nw_75sq: (though interestingly, Siberian Forest cats, the breed Neva Masquerade is derived from, seem to not be as hypoallergenic as Neva Masquerade? 🤔)

Anyhow just throwing some suggestions out, Yuzu if you're reading you know what to do ;) ;) ;)

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This is Sunny, our Maine Coon cross who passed away in 2008. We have never had another cat since because we loved him so much. He had all of the traits of a Maine Coon including being talkative (he would mimic what people were saying), acted more like a dog than a cat, was very friendly and playful, loved to kiss, would come running when you called him, and loved water – he would get into the shower with my wife and would be right there whenever he heard running water. He was 18 pounds.

VUcvKRE.png

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

This is Sunny, our Maine Coon cross who passed away in 2008. We have never had another cat since because we loved him so much. He had all of the traits of a Maine Coon including being talkative (he would mimic what people were saying), acted more like a dog than a cat, was very friendly and playful, loved to kiss, would come running when you called him, and loved water – he would get into the shower with my wife and would be right there whenever he heard running water. He was 18 pounds.

VUcvKRE.png

He's lovely! 

18 hours ago, Anni said:

There is a interview from Yuzu :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

You can find here the translation of his comments

Credit:.@orangesrgd on twitter 

[NEWS]

Interesting that Yuzu is talking about the 'SDGs' ...by which I think he means these: 

https://sdgs.un.org/goals

I wasn't aware that he was interested in the UN or working with any of their agencies as charity work. I assume he's mentioning them because of his own personal interest? Or did the magazine bring them up? 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Interesting that Yuzu is talking about the 'SDGs' ...by which I think he means these: 

https://sdgs.un.org/goals

I wasn't aware that he was interested in the UN or working with any of their agencies as charity work. I assume he's mentioning them because of his own personal interest? Or did the magazine bring them up? 

There is considerable PR effort within Japan to raise public awareness about SDGs  - through the public TV (NHK), education systems, and via outreach by leading figures in sports and entertainment. This theme ties in with Yuzu's interest in environmental issues: e.g., I recall reading (can't quite remember the source) about his willingness to work with Kose is because of that company's commitment to supporting reforestation and other green activities in Japan.  This also ties in with his expression of "Yugen" - harmony with nature - which is particularly evident in Hope and Legacy, but he has also discussed the notion of Yugen in connection with Tenchi - which is, after all, about the Human as just a moment of expression between the sky and the earth...  

Clear file giveaway to 100 people.

DeepL translation:

/ #Towa Pharmaceutical new commercial completion

Clear file gift for 100 people
\
The new commercial starring #Tetsuko Kuroyanagi and #Yuzuru Hanyu is now available!
#Kokoro no Egao

How to apply
1. Follow @towa_yakuhin
2. RT this post
3. By 23:59 on Sunday, October 24
We will give away clear files to 100 people from among the applicants.

Application rules in 2nd tweet.

[NEWS]

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

There is considerable PR effort within Japan to raise public awareness about SDGs  - through the public TV (NHK), education systems, and via outreach by leading figures in sports and entertainment. This theme ties in with Yuzu's interest in environmental issues: e.g., I recall reading (can't quite remember the source) about his willingness to work with Kose is because of that company's commitment to supporting reforestation and other green activities in Japan.  This also ties in with his expression of "Yugen" - harmony with nature - which is particularly evident in Hope and Legacy, but he has also discussed the notion of Yugen in connection with Tenchi - which is, after all, about the Human as just a moment of expression between the sky and the earth...  

Well, if Yuzu were to become an official spokesperson for them, he'd be in good company...none other than BTS just promoted them with a speech and performance at the UN General Assembly