General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Almost all transportation has resumed operation in Tokyo.

Small fires seem to have occurred in Chiba and Saitama Prefectures.

And some water pipes broke in Tokyo.  Not so serious incidents so far.

Thank you guys for your concern :20111123175648e45:

I'm glad no one was hurt and that you're safe.

Guest Mary_kyo

I don’t know exactly why but watching the recent skating competitions makes me miss Yuzu’s skating even more. :crybaby:Maybe because these events just perfectly highlight how he is the only one who can balance artistry with technical difficulty at the finest level possible. How empty men’s field will be after he ret*res.

On the other hand, I’m not mentally ready for NHK and all the scoring dramas. Add to this, the stress of possible 4A out of no where too. Being Fanyu is such a hard joyful balding lifestyle

2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

I don’t know exactly why but watching the recent skating competitions makes me miss Yuzu’s skating even more. :crybaby:Maybe because these events just perfectly highlight how he is the only one who can balance artistry with technical difficulty at the finest level possible. How empty men’s field will be after he ret*res.

On the other hand, I’m not mentally ready for NHK and all the scoring dramas. Add to this, the stress of possible 4A out of no where too. Being Fanyu is such a hard joyful balding lifestyle

Same.. when i watched other skaters i get bored easily and noticed how slow and empty are their program is and also i dont like how most of their jump so hard to watch so rigid and look so painful to the knee.Cant wait for NHK.Im not so worried about the 4A because i know Yuzu will only introduces new jump if its only upto his standard and perfectly ready.I just afraid of the first pancake happens during NHK especially for the sp program because it is brand new.

10 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

Same.. when i watched other skaters i get bored easily and noticed how slow and empty are their program is and also i dont like how most of their jump so hard to watch so rigid and look so painful to the knee.Cant wait for NHK.Im not so worried about the 4A because i know Yuzu will only introduces new jump if its only upto his standard and perfectly ready.I just afraid of the first pancake happens during NHK especially for the sp program because it is brand new.

Even though it is not easy to debut a new program in the GP series, I am hopeful that it'll be like last season with LMEY, which Yuzu skated very well for the first time at Nationals, after not competing for 10 months which is a really long time. Trying to stay positive here :) 

:wave: the fanyus, now I'm relieved that the people of Tokyo and the surrounding area have nothing serious and trust SUPER Yuzu  :wink_star:  for the NHK, he will surprise us, surely and I found that, on "when you skate after Yuzu "(my translation is subject to change) and I did not understand everything Javi and Nam are saying, but I think I heard" a lot of flowers and MULTIS  : dpooh: and not easy to slalom between all that "and when Yuzu enters the rink and when he finishes his performance and most importantly; it is the applause of TAT and Yagudin which should not be expressed to everyone and you will see THE END :peek:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

The official account of the "non-no" magazine posted a summary of Yuzu's amazing career (with photos)

You can find the translation in this tweet

:68271262:

Spoiler

Credit: @orangesrgd on twitter 

I'm really happy that I discovered Yuzu. I enjoy watching him skate. Thank you Yuzu for all the beautiful moments.:8788161:  I'm looking forward to your further journey.

The Kose 75th anniversary poster was spotted (Maison KOSÉ Omotesando store in Tokyo)

[NEWS]

A very kind soul translated this interview with Keiichi Yano, which was released in the February 2021 edition of the Number magazine.

Keiichi Yano is the music editor, who cut the tracks of Seimei and Ten to chi to amongst others. This interview is focussing on the development of TenChi and Yuzu's special requests to Yano regarding arrangement, use of instruments and other musical aspects:

[NEWS]

Hi Guys!  Do any of you know if Etude's name was "Sorrow"? If so I had never heard that - I read so in this link below (it is a short history of Yuzuru's performances):

https://nonno.hpplus.jp/article/65252/02/

This is an extract:

2011-2012 season

The beginning of the legend. Became the youngest medalist in Japan at the first appearance in the world championship

SP: "Sorrow" 

FS: From the movie "Romeo + Juliet"

Yuzuru Hanyu acting "Sorrow" at the 2011 Figure Skating Grand Prix Series China Tournament

It would be an apt name given what the programme represented but I have never seen it referred to as Sorrow before.  

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

A very kind soul translated this interview with Keiichi Yano, which was released in the February 2021 edition of the Number magazine.

Keiichi Yano is the music editor, who cut the tracks of Seimei and Ten to chi to amongst others. This interview is focussing on the development of TenChi and Yuzu's special requests to Yano regarding arrangement, use of instruments and other musical aspects:

[NEWS]

Thanks for asking for this translation - it is so interesting how much thought and work Yuzuru and his music editor put into getting just the right sound to match Yuzuru's wishes about how and what he wants to express. Its another thing I wish the wider FS audience knew - the effort he puts into everything not only for his own satisfaction but to please his audience too. 

26 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

I keep thinking about Yuzuru's allergy to cats and to be honest it might even be the saddest thing I've heard in the last couple of weeks. Someone please give him a hypoallergenetic cat right now.:crybaby:

People with asthma/allergies do become less allergic (desensitised) to their own non-hypoallergenic cat too :) (my teen for example, who has asthma and allergies, but is not an elite athlete admittedly so maybe its not such a great issue!)

I hope Yuzuru knows - he really should have a cat!

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

Hi Guys!  Do any of you know if Etude's name was "Sorrow"? If so I had never heard that - I read so in this link below (it is a short history of Yuzuru's performances):

https://nonno.hpplus.jp/article/65252/02/

This is an extract:

2011-2012 season

The beginning of the legend. Became the youngest medalist in Japan at the first appearance in the world championship

SP: "Sorrow" 

FS: From the movie "Romeo + Juliet"

Yuzuru Hanyu acting "Sorrow" at the 2011 Figure Skating Grand Prix Series China Tournament

It would be an apt name given what the programme represented but I have never seen it referred to as Sorrow before.  

It's the translator translated "悲愴," a translation of "pathetic," as sorrow. Japanese fans call the program 悲愴.