General Yuzuru Chat

41 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As it should be, since figure skating is a performance art.

I totally agree! A costume is something you wear for a performance, not when you go to buy croissants in the local bakery in the morning. It should relate to the choreography, character etc. And that should never be forgotten.

Undoubtedly in figure skating from time to time we see athletes wearing something… disputable (I don’t think I’ll ever forget Domnina and Shabalin and their „Aboriginal” costumes from Vancouver) but I would never consider any of Yuzuru’s costumes fitting into this „category”. I saw people being surprised by Yuzuru’s costumes, sometimes even a bit put off by them, but I don’t think he is the first one to cause that reaction. I would say that Johnny Weir’s SP costume from OWG 2010 was more „shocking” at least to my friends that watch figure skating only when I tell them to do so.
Of course it’s a bonus when a skater has their own style in costumes. In a way I can say that Nathan has his own style too, although it’s a rather boring one ;- ) but tbh if he wore something more „creative” I would feel almost like he is cheating (and I even like his last FP shirt, but I suppose after the „scrambled eggs one” everything is an upgrade). Also, not everyone would look as good as Yuzuru in that kind of costumes that he often wears. Skaters have different body types and that should be considered too. Why would you wear a swan costume if you don’t look gracefully enough in it? Not a lot of men would be able to pull off that look! I think we just should be happy that there is someone that can do it in a very aesthetically pleasing way ;-)

10 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I'm not worried about this Olympic season really. At the end of the day we are always the winners, because watching Yuzu skate is a win by default, no matter what the scoreboard and result table looks like. Every Yuzu performance is a jackpot for us.

The scores are meaningless because it is akin to a God being judged by mere ignorant mortals.

Do you remember the voting, who is the most representative celebrity of Sendai?
This is now finished. Yesterday the ranking list was published. Yuzu is on the 1th place with 5.803 votes from 13.977 votes. Congratulations.👏

You can find the ranking list here:

English translation
https://sendai--tushin-jp.translate.goog/2021/09/27/post-200177/?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=ajax,nv

Photos from the Ajinomoto's "Winning rice" set 

[NEWS]

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

To me what matters is whether Yuzu liked his performance or not. If he's happy, then we know for sure it was good and technically perfect. 

Yuzuru Hanyu being really and truly satisfied with his performance means:

1. K.O. win
  2. Stop the competition
  3. Be grateful every single day for having witnessed that miracle with your own eyeballs.
49 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yuzuru Hanyu being really and truly satisfied with his performance means:

1. KO victory
  2. Stop the competition
  3. Be grateful every day to have witnessed this miracle with your own eyes.

:animated-smileys-character-075:  the fanyus : what to say after all that you have written about Yuzu, that  :headdesk: and here is a short summary of its start until the 2018 Olympics : its many joys and its sorrows and I think? the chorus of the song says "born to history" and that's Yuzu  :heartpound:  and remains in good health and  :agree: having written "miracle" Henni : 67638860:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Yuzuru Hanyu being really and truly satisfied with his performance means:

1. K.O. win
  2. Stop the competition
  3. Be grateful every single day for having witnessed that miracle with your own eyeballs.

I totally agree because Yuzuru Hanyu is his own harshest critic and is rarely truly and completely satisfied with his performances even when people like Shizuka Arakawa, Nobunari Oda, Shuzo Matsuoka, Massimiliano Ambesi and other expert commentators are raving about them. In his post-performance interviews with Shuzo Matsuoka, even when the program seemed perfect to others, Yuzu almost always seems to express a bit of “kuyashi” and a need to improve.

14 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

To me what matters is whether Yuzu liked his performance or not. If he's happy, then we know for sure it was good and technically perfect. 

Yes...but then Yuzu is so expressive and cannot help but look disappointed when the scores don't reflect his efforts, and then we are also disappointed and cross even though we have seen a wonderful performance. I really do wish I could just ignore the scores, but Yuzuru doesn't ignore them, and neither can I (when one is competitive by nature, it's hard not to look and take notice of scores and I think that although nearly all of Yuzuru's fans appear to have an artistic nature and appreciation, we also mostly love competitive sport and that usually means we are somewhat competitive individuals too - well I can only speak for myself but those are my thoughts!) None of us like to see Yuzuru disappointed, most of us love to see him win because we think that's what he deserves! So unfortunately I think the scores do affect most of us. I actually sort of dread them now.  It's was so wonderful watching the recent ice show performances, and the 24 hour tv ones too - so beautiful, so appreciated, such excitement, none of the disappointment/anger. But then I cant bear the thought of Yuzu NOT competing lol!! I dunno, what are we supposed to do??! Just carry on supporting him and loving him I guess, and putting up with the emotional ups and downs of doing so! He must be worth it, thousands (millions!)  of us are together with him on this ride!

8 hours ago, IceWings said:

Yuzu's new message. He always knows how to touch your heart. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

[NEWS]

:tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg: 

His words are so encouraging. :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

Thank you Yuzu :snonegai:

OP writes (rough translation with DeepL)

At the entrance to the school there was a poster from Hanyu-kun, that called for the prevention of corona infection. 

👏