General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I feel so dry. Withering away. 

Loved the recent compilations of Yuzu created by our lovely Fanyus, but I'm still withering. :64341262:

You need a filler or side fandom that you can use to tide you over the Yuzu drought. On that note, there's always room for one more over in the BTS Fan Club thread. 💜 

15 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You need a filler or side fandom that you can use to tide you over the Yuzu drought. On that note, there's always room for one more over in the BTS Fan Club thread. 💜 

Ah, that music is sadly not my cup of tea although I completely understand the hype around them :wink2:

I have several fillers fortunately, studying Japanese, practicing my art to eventually launch my business in possibly 5000 years, work, Yuki - my rabbit who is the light of my life since July - books, therapy, video calls with the family back home, crunching numbers to see if I ever manage to build a house back home - probably in another 5000 years - rewatching videos of Yuzuru on repeat. But the one part in my heart that is only filled when watching him skate live on TV is empty and I'm running out of ideas :tif:

16 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I asked her, but since Stockholm she's somewhat paralyzed and doesn't dare to make any predictions anymore. She still feels that her last one cursed Yuzu's freeskate, so from now on she just wants to pray in silence for his success and wellbeing. It's sad, but I understand her very well.

I understand that. However, I thought about it after WC and if I remember correctly, your mother predicted that something really great will happen to Yuzu. That doesn't mean it has to be the competition. There are many other possibilities, so she could still be right - why not?

Concerning the "curse", I gave up to cross my fingers during Yuzu's competition skates because it happened that he didn't skate clean then. But these behaviors of ours aren't the cause, since the wishes of different athletes' fans contradict for the same situation. Yuzu assured he gains energy from our energy, therefore I don't worry about our small rituals or predictions.

So, I'm waiting for your mother to make some predictions again. It's like increasing our hopes officially and it's entertaining. Let's continue to do what we always have to do with predictions: stay critical and enjoy them if they apply. Please send your mother my best regards. :wave:

I think in the end when a skater enters the rink for that one important performance, when he/she takes his/her pose and waits for the music to start, in this moment, he/she is all alone.

3 hours ago, DancingFeather said:

I understand that. However, I thought about it after WC and if I remember correctly, your mother predicted that something really great will happen to Yuzu. That doesn't mean it has to be the competition. There are many other possibilities, so she could still be right - why not?

This is what I was thinking, too. "Something very good" can mean pretty much everything, and Yuzu has won the SP after all. So it's a correct prediction if you want to.

I'm not worried about this Olympic season really. At the end of the day we are always the winners, because watching Yuzu skate is a win by default, no matter what the scoreboard and result table looks like. Every Yuzu performance is a jackpot for us.

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I'm not worried about this Olympic season really. At the end of the day we are always the winners, because watching Yuzu skate is a win by default, no matter what the scoreboard and result table looks like. Every Yuzu performance is a jackpot for us.

Truer words have never been spoken!!! Especially when he's already in his 11th year in senior, every skate is a little miracle, regardless. I'll use every fiber in my being to ignore the scoring... I'll try anyway lol 

2 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Truer words have never been spoken!!! Especially when he's already in his 11th year in senior, every skate is a little miracle, regardless. I'll use every fiber in my being to ignore the scoring... I'll try anyway lol 

12th.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:44 PM, Henni147 said:

With this video experiment I tried to test two things:

1. Do people feel the mismatch between Yuzu's skating and the overlay music?

2. If yes, do they have the courage to speak it out loud? :space:

I have seen many music overlays with Yuzu's programs on YouTube and other platforms already (some of them are done pretty well) and I read many feedbacks how perfectly that fits his skating or how great it would be if Yuzu skated to that piece in the future.

Even if we try to be polite to the creator of the video edit, we also have to cherish Yuzu's incredible interpretation skills and note where the limits of the overlay edit are. Yes, Yuzu might skate to that piece some time in the future, but we can be sure that his choreography would be entirely different to our edit and also loads better than everything what we can chop together from past performances.

@YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth I must confess that the whole edit took me 10 minutes this time :laughing:

Usually I need about an hour for such clips like the 3A or Ina Bauer collection, but this one was a rather sloppy edit. On purpose.

I'm relieved to know you spent little time on making the video:wink2:

On 9/26/2021 at 9:25 PM, Henni147 said:

I share this thread here, too, because it made me really happy and emotional yesterday:

On 9/26/2021 at 9:25 PM, Henni147 said:

Yesterday we were watching a video of Il Volo with Plácido  on YT together, when my mom asked me to show them Yuzu's Notte Stellata.

At first, the costume was a bit of a cultural shock for them. They admitted to expect something 'more masculine' in men's singles.

I can totally relate to your friends' initial reactions. I first set my eyes on Yuzu, performing H&L in 2017 when I clicked on a random video recommendation. It felt like someone punched my face when I saw him skating in that costume. I have been a casual Figure Skating viewer since young (but gradually stoped watching when other commitments take precedence in my life) and what I saw on Yuzu didn't fit in the image of a typical male's costume, what's more with that flap on his shoulder. As I'm aware of the existence of quirky Japanese fashion, I did a quick search and found some videos of Japanese ice shows where the male performers' costumes  are equally different from the norm. I quickly put it to a cultural thing and subsequently learnt that his costume is an integral part of his story-telling tools (something which I agree with, hence his costume choices never faze me anymore).