General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Unfortunately, I clicked on it right when they were singing Imagine.

Oh dear Lord, I'm sorry. I also dislike that song for its inherent nihilism...which is of course a take that no one agrees with...but, like you, I clicked off again and went scrolling through some of the other performances instead. 

This fan edit made me really emotional :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Credit: @Sanika1020 on twitter

I'm really grateful that Yuzu after all these years still skated. May he finally achieve his dream of 4A. :smiley-angelic001:
Thank you Yuzu, your skating makes us really happy. :heart:
My best wishes for him. I hope he is healthy and has a good training.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:40 PM, Yuzuwinnie said:

:animated-smileys-character-075:  the fanyus : I wanted what I have in France in Yuzu, other than the fruit and which you know  :peace2: and I came across this

https://www.yuzushop.fr/  which sell air conditioners and it is written (which will be translated later) : "YUZU the comfort accessible to all and to feel good at home" : is not it  and also

https://yuzu-sas.fr/   which sell kitchens and bathrooms and crafts : therefore a good product (is not Yuzu who wants  :wink2: ) and why "Yuzu"? they speak of citrus / lemon and which was originally used to perfume bath water in Japan (surely the Onsens?) and its vitamin side well symbolizes the state of mind and the energy of the

And I found this. :peace2: 

"Yuzu" was also spotted in Finland :winky:

More infos here 
https://www.yuzu.fi/

...... and in Thailand :surprised_pikachu:

201425502_287762594242xj3v.jpg   199456779_287409838951hk0w.jpg  190892130_287006762993sj25.jpg

Spoiler

The Yuzu House by Honey Moni imports quality "Yuzu" orange products directly from Japan. 

https://business.facebook.com/yuzuhouse.honeymoni/photos/a.1904857746436452/2157441714511386/?type=3&theater

Here you can find more photos

https://business.facebook.com/pg/yuzuhouse.honeymoni/photos/

Yuzu is everywhere in the world :hihi:

I wish all satellites a nice sunday  :grouphug:

1 hour ago, Anni said:

This fan edit made me really emotional :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

me tooo, thank you for posting! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

the (accurately predicted) 10 years is up.......he's done amazing amazing things but I still wish there were 10 more to go... (imo he will still likely be the best mens figure skater in the world when he is 36 regardless of which jumps he can or can't perform at that time!)

I know we have been lucky to be able to see him (competitively) skate for this long, thank you Yuzuru. It would be just perfect if he could complete his competitive career with a landed 4A and we are willling him on to do so but really, his work up to now is a fabulous legacy already, and regardless of 4A I am sure there will be more beautiful works to add to this if he carries on skating professionally.

1 minute ago, Henni147 said:

I share this thread here, too, because it made me really happy and emotional yesterday:

Also greetings from my family to the Planet :balloons-smiley:

Just read this on twitter - you have a such a lovely family and friend network, or maybe its your skill as a communicator that engages them in watching Yuzuru skate with you - my family and friends just roll their eyes if I say anything about Yuzuru and his skating, a recent example being I mentioned to my sister how I found his skating healing after we suffered a close family bereavement (I was thinking of The Swan, and Haru yo Koi, and Hana wa saku) and did she want me to send some links, and she tutted and said she didn't think for a moment that SKATING could help her with her grief....she is an artistic person herself, and loves literature and history, has lived in Japan, it should be easy to convince (convert!) her!! Tell me your secret!! :snonegai:

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Just read this on twitter - you have a such a lovely family and friend network, or maybe its your skill as a communicator that engages them in watching Yuzuru skate with you - my family and friends just roll their eyes if I say anything about Yuzuru and his skating, a recent example being I mentioned to my sister how I found his skating healing after we suffered a close family bereavement (I was thinking of The Swan, and Haru yo Koi, and Hana wa saku) and did she want me to send some links, and she tutted and said she didn't think for a moment that SKATING could help her with her grief....she is an artistic person herself, and loves literature and history, has lived in Japan, it should be easy to convince (convert!) her!! Tell me your secret!! :snonegai:

It's hard to say, but I made the experience that - at first glance - the costumes of Notte Stellata and Haru yo koi are often perceived as weird or grotesque by many people from western countries with conservative education, and it's difficult for them to disconnect from that image when watching him skate. Thankfully, in case of our friends yesterday it didn't matter, but one of our neighbors was irrevertably shocked by the HYK costume - to an extent that he wasn't able to enjoy Yuzu's skating. That made me very sad and a bit desperate, too.

So, when I introduce Yuzu to people who don't know him yet, I ask myself which type of costume and music might resonate with them the most, and that is the performance I show them first. In case of our family members and friends I mostly pick Ballade or LMEY for that reason. My aunt and uncle even called us on the phone extra from Hungary right after the men's short in Stockholm to tell us how much they loved Yuzu's energetic rock concert and "that one jump right on the bang of the music"! :laughing:

But as we can see, our expectations have their limits. With our friends yesterday I was sure that they would appreciate Ballade the most, but it turned out that they liked TenChi much more, which was a very welcome and positive surprise.

However, when the first step is done and the excitement for his skating is triggered, you can go on showing pretty much everything you like and it's perceived positively in 99% of the cases, no matter what potential prejudices there might have been lingering previously. That's the experience I made.

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

Just a word of caution here: grief can be tricky and not everyone processes it the same way. Your sister may have perceived your offer as inappropriate to the situation, hence why she rejected it. I find when it comes to sharing Yuzu, picking your time carefully is paramount. If someone isn't ready, it can backfire.

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Greetings back! Would love to know your mom's predictions for the season if she has any. 

I asked her, but since Stockholm she's somewhat paralyzed and doesn't dare to make any predictions anymore. She still feels that her last one cursed Yuzu's freeskate, so from now on she just wants to pray in silence for his success and wellbeing. It's sad, but I understand her very well.

26 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Just a word of caution here: grief can be tricky and not everyone processes it the same way. Your sister may have perceived your offer as inappropriate to the situation, hence why she rejected it. I find when it comes to sharing Yuzu, picking your time carefully is paramount. If someone isn't ready, it can backfire.

Spoiler

Yes I agree, But my sister has already seen some of Yuzuru's skates and I know she likes some of them (Seimei, PW) and she was bottling up her grief, not willing to share her feelings and hence my suggestion! But you are right, I think it did seem trivial to her, whereas to me there is something almost spiritual about some of Yuzuru's programmes/the way he interprets and skates them, and the programmes I mentioned are about grief, recovery and hope so to me seemed perfectly reasonable, but I understand not everyone feels the same way. She's my sis though, I do feel she could have trusted me a little and watching them would have done her no harm for sure! But I live and learn as always! 

17 hours ago, Pammi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes I agree, But my sister has already seen some of Yuzuru's skates and I know she likes some of them (Seimei, PW) and she was bottling up her grief, not willing to share her feelings and hence my suggestion! But you are right, I think it did seem trivial to her, whereas to me there is something almost spiritual about some of Yuzuru's programmes/the way he interprets and skates them, and the programmes I mentioned are about grief, recovery and hope so to me seemed perfectly reasonable, but I understand not everyone feels the same way. She's my sis though, I do feel she could have trusted me a little and watching them would have done her no harm for sure! But I live and learn as always! 

Spoiler

At least your sister has watched some in the past. Mine mostly just won't.  Despite having been a skater herself at one point,  she dismisses my Yuzu fandom,  and all related things,  as just another sign of my flighty and foolish singlehood.  She has precious little time or respect for anyone who isn't a married mom of multiple kids like her.  ( and I'm older than her, by the way).

Sisters! Watcha gonna do? :shrug:

Spoiler
32 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

she dismisses my Yuzu fandom,  and all related things,  as just another signed of y flighty and foolish singlehood.  She has precious little time or respect for anyone who isn't a married mom of multiple kids like her.  ( and I'm older than her, by the way).

Sisters! Watcha gonna do? :shrug:

Spoiler

Even though she has watched some of Yuzu's skates, I think that sums up my sister's attitude too (the dissmissive thing) - she's older than me but I'm the one who is a mum in our situation, but she still likes to boss me about! I think she thinks I just have a crush on Yuzuru.....which OK just might have some validity I admit lol!! BUT only because he is such an amazingly wonderful athlete and artist and he has the ability to touch hearts, just not hers apparently, or your sister's either! We will survive, we have our fellow satellites :grouphug:  

This is a response to @rockstaryuzu (sorry messed up the spoiler bits!)