General Yuzuru Chat

14 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Finally!!

I found a way to upload a combined version of my two triple Axel compilations on YouTube without any copyright issues!! :studsmatta::dancingpooh:

It was really tricky, because the max length of copyright-free audio track is 15 seconds, even if you repeat the same 5 seconds three times. So I had to reduce the number of LGC and PW Axels to 2, Masquerade to 1.

My heart is bleeding, but that's how it is. At least I could finally put up my favorite solo triple Axels on my channel!! Yeey!!  :cri:

Gorgeous! Thanks for uploading. All my favorite programs including galas are here :)

32 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Gorgeous! Thanks for uploading. All my favorite programs including galas are here :)

Yeah, I tried to include most programs and Axel variations, but sadly my video archive is a bit limited at the moment, so I was forced to leave out some nice ones like CoC Etude or GPF R&J 1.0, and GPF LGC fell victim to the strict copyright rules. But I'm very happy that you like it  :grouphug:

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Wow, WC tickets are out before Rostelecom Cup (in less than two months) and Olympics :embSwan: really weird season, sigh........ :facepalm:

I wanted to go to the Olympics and see Yuzu skate there so badly! :crybaby: But I'm afraid it's not gonna happen. :smiley-sad058:

As the situation looks now, I don't think international audiences will be allowed during the Olympics.

Regarding the World Championships, I decided to not buy tickets because it's far from certain that Yuzu will participate. And I'd really rather spend this amount of money only when I know I'll get to see Yuzu.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:16 AM, LadyLou said:

oh my, who was the silent hero who managed to film this defying the strict rules in Japan?:jaw:

as a fan I'm enjoying the content so I'll leave any ethic qualms for another day and say WELL DONE you unknown hero and grab the vid before it disappeares

In fancam the rink looks so small:8788161:

I wasn't thinking about this, whoa, fair point. We need to support ice against the evil anti-ice geologists (jk, love you even if you don't have taste!:P) so we can keep flooding the mineral cup with our pretty gifs XD

I admit that if I were an anti-ice geologist I would kinda hate fanyus now, all these upstarts coming into MY den and hijacking MY voting... for the second time! As if making ice win once wasn't enough!:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3rZJh1qdlkyg: BUT WHO CARES! I'm not an anti-ice geologist and Ice-chan deserves!:tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

the total number of votes is already >3800, but there are many hours left and last time olivine was relentlessly catching up in that timeframe:tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg:

The geologist (me) is not voting at all.  Ice is a truly remarkable substance (it weighs less than water, even though it's the same thing chemically) but only considered a mineral/rock if it's naturally occurring, like in a glacier.  I (again, as a geologist) have to say that I think olivine is pretty boring but is part of so many rocks. And I love green minerals, but olivine can't remotely compare to emerald or dioptase or even malachite.

So, rink ice is not a mineral.  But vote away.... for Yuzu.

Good evening fanyus, I just saw this and it's all fresh today and it speaks of the 2022 Olympics and Yuzu? and his race of the 4A and this photo is impressive and, despite, that  Yuzu is hyper trained, we can see that it is difficult compared to the tensions of his face and for the 2nd, it is the ma king off of a advertising of xylit ol gums and the final :headdesk:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hello Satellites! It's not directly related to Yuzu, but it's a great cause and a great gig, so check it out:

And because I'm not confident in my ability to post between forums, here's the direct link to the gig:

You are absolutely right  to post this and I knew that there would be this concert which begins in Paris and continues (depending on the time zones) in other places of the world, because man is destroying his own planet and it is necessary act, so that our children and grandchildren do not have to suffer from our mistakes and not action of protection and I hope that the promises made by Mrs. Hidalgo will be made and executed, because in the Province have these problems (good can be a little more trees) and there is good to listen to in this concert and let's take advantage :goodpost:  

4 hours ago, barbara said:

The geologist (me) is not voting at all.  Ice is a truly remarkable substance (it weighs less than water, even though it's the same thing chemically) but only considered a mineral/rock if it's naturally occurring, like in a glacier.  I (again, as a geologist) have to say that I think olivine is pretty boring but is part of so many rocks. And I love green minerals, but olivine can't remotely compare to emerald or dioptase or even malachite.

Spoiler

as far as I understand, everyone can recruit people to their causes by fair means...or foul, using any argument that could entice people. I guess one could classify fanyu->Yuzu loves ice -> fanyus must vote icemineral  an example of "the end justifies the means"... we were lured in like that in droves :67638860:

anyway ice lost (it was so close!), so, unless satellites are interested in revenge-voting, an ice-less mineral cup is now officially non Yuzu-related :embSwan: unless one finds some kind of link, real or far-fetched, to other minerals too...

On 9/24/2021 at 8:18 PM, Henni147 said:

Finally!!

I found a way to upload a combined version of my two triple Axel compilations on YouTube without any copyright issues!! :studsmatta::dancingpooh:

It was really tricky, because the max length of copyright-free audio track is 15 seconds, even if you repeat the same 5 seconds three times. So I had to reduce the number of LGC and PW Axels to 2, Masquerade to 1.

My heart is bleeding, but that's how it is. At least I could finally put up my favorite solo triple Axels on my channel!! Yeey!!  :cri:

so many 3As and to each its own character, it's so good! Also the variety of entries and exits:tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: evne when same entry, like counter, you can still tell the vibe of the program just going by his body language and it's beaitiful:10636614:

I liek that you included also those landed in ice shows openings, and also WoW and NDP that are usually forgotten poor babies. I share the sadness for no Etude:64341262:

You included footage only from official broadcasters, right? I don't think I've ever found official video of Yuzuru's Nebelhorn SP, it's a pity because the 3A there is really gorgeous:tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw: tho I already find it hard to stop rewatching it as it is, maybe better for me not to have even more reasons (read: beautiful axels) to keep looping it:68468287:

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hi satellites! This is not directly Yuzu-related, but it's a great cause and a good concert, so check it out:

And because I'm not confident in my ability to cross-post between forums, here's the direct link to the concert:

Unfortunately, I clicked on it right when they were singing Imagine. I blame FS for the fact that I've kinda be fed up with the song:13877886: on the plus side: Hugh Jackman to appear for a millisec right at the beginning of the stream

But thank you for the link! Apparently it's going on for 24h, all around the different timezones? Wow, it's a lovely concept! It also looks like they are talking about many different issues, from environment to covid and vaccines, it's a good way to promote the messages using music and popular names to grab audience. And there's Ursula speaking in France too.

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TRACY!!!:loveshower:

celebrating the day with this invaluable meme:

:knc_tracy1:   :knc_tracy2:

ETA: I also wanted to share again this interview to Tracy from May2017 (so after Helsinki WC), translated by Gladi :tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/160854270089/feel-the-love-for-skating-tracy-wilson-interview

ー What is necessary for an experienced skater to feel the pure joy of skating, as skaters who’ve just started getting results do? 

I think that is a good point. That is why I teach skating. I want [my students] to always remember the joy of skating on a blade. That will be a very important task [for me] in the coming season. We hold skating classes with everyone in the club together. This is so that everyone can experience and share the love and gratitude towards skating. When a skater can feel the ice firmly under their blades, their body “comes alive” (the movements become lively). As a coach, that is the goal I have in mind as I go about my day. As long as there is love towards skating, it will always be okay no matter what happens. At competition, in front of the audience, producing special moments that stay in [people’s] memories… that is the most important. The color of the medal isn’t everything. Of course, we train with results in mind during practice. But the thing to remember at the end of the day is that sense of sharing between us [skaters] and the audience. 

Yuzuru also credited Tracy for helping him from a mental pov too, in the months after Boston2016, when he was slowly recovering. Full interview translated by yuzusorbet https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/153073329397/part-2-of-ice-jewels-vol4-special-interview

While continuing with your daily practice, what kind of trigger made your condition return to normal?

Maybe thinking that if I practise recklessly, I will injure myself again and the same thing will be repeated. Actually, thanks to the advice and support of the coaching team at Cricket Club, I could return to normal condition.
Coach Tracy Wilson could sense that my face was getting more and more grim. She sensed that, in the end, it was not my body that I was forcing into a corner but my feelings/spirit/state of mind. So Tracy took great care of me in that area. She also helped me to correct the problems in my jump technique, so I could return to the condition that was planned. The power of a coach is really great. Just seeing it from my own viewpoint and within my own image boundary, I am not able to solve the problem. As such, it is necessary to have various points of view. That is the good thing about Cricket Club’s training environment, and this time, I think I really made the most of that.

:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

7 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I wanted to go to the Olympics and see Yuzu skate there so badly! :crybaby: But I'm afraid it's not gonna happen. :smiley-sad058:

As the situation looks now, I don't think international audiences will be allowed during the Olympics.

Regarding the World Championships, I decided to not buy tickets because it's far from certain that Yuzu will participate. And I'd really rather spend this amount of money only when I know I'll get to see Yuzu.

Same. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy tickets for WC Men's "just in case". Ugh. It's so hard to make plans for anything. I just recently finally got my refund for the Montreal WC airfare. I will never book airfare from travel sites like Expedia again. They're meant to be self-service, automated systems, but heaven help you if you actually need to talk to a real person! Booking hotel with them is probably OK, since you can cancel your hotel booking using their online system.

I thought once we were vaccinated, things could return to normal, but instead we got Delta. :14066882:

:offtopic2:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, barbara said:

@LadyLou said:

as far as I understand, everyone can recruit people to their causes by fair means...or foul, using any argument that could entice people. I guess one could classify fanyu->Yuzu loves ice -> fanyus must vote icemineral  an example of "the end justifies the means"... we were lured in like that in droves :67638860:

anyway ice lost (it was so close!), so, unless satellites are interested in revenge-voting, an ice-less mineral cup is now officially non Yuzu-related :embSwan: unless one finds some kind of link, real or far-fetched, to other minerals too...

Yep, the Ice-antis were encouraging people to create burner Twitter accounts to vote in the last minutes to break the tie. The geologists present scientific arguments for their fav minerals, but I've seen people voting based on their mineral color preference, or if the mineral is a Sailor Moon villain (apparently some Sailor Moon villains are named after minerals), or they just like the name of the mineral, etc. Many vote for "pretty", so anything goes, really, which makes it more chaotic and fun!

Now that ice has been kicked out, I suggest fanyus vote for Quetzalcoatlite because the mineral is named after Quetzalcoatl, the Aztec feathered serpent deity. Its spiky, fuzzy self is also cute, like Yuzu. :winky:

Happy birthday to Tracy! Happy birthday to Mao Asada too, whose birthday is also September 25. Mao turns 31. :party0037:

2 hours ago, IceWings said:

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy tickets for WC Men's "just in case". Ugh. It's so hard to make plans for anything. I just recently finally got my refund for the Montreal WC airfare. I will never book airfare from travel sites like Expedia again.

I STILL haven't got my refund back from Opodo either - most recent contact is they paid my refund into my bank on 6th Sept, 3-7 working days before it might show....it still isn't there after 14!! :cursing:

Even so, I quickly decided to buy Worlds tickets - Men's SP, FS and Gala. Whilst I share your fears I just cannot bear the thought that I'd miss seeing him in Montpellier, the closest he ever skates to my country is in France. I have taken out insurance on the tickets and flight in case of all eventualities. I think it's only worth going to a post Olympics World Championship if Yuzuru is there  tbh. I went to 2018 Worlds  and, well, you know what the Men's event there was like!! (I know there are the other disciplines but I can happily watch them on a screen even though I have faves in each). Actually, imo it's only worth the hassle and expense of going to ANY comp if Yuzu is competing. Oh, an exception, I did travel to ROI in Madrid to see Javi and Yuna though, in Dec 2018...worth every penny!  

Also:

Sorry if posted already!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].