General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi everyone 

Just in case anyone is interested, WC Montpellier tickets are out:

https://m.ticketmaster.fr/fr/resultat?ipSearch=Championnats+du+monde+de+patinage

@yuzuangel or any of our admins please feel free to move this post if there is a better thread for it. 

Are they just selling whole competition tickets or day tickets, and not single event tickets? Thanks in advance!

I know we are all busy with melting over beautyblogger Yuzu, living our daily lives, waiting for Yuzu, grabbing WC tickets, contemplating Yuzu, catching up with JGP, writing poems about Yuzu, praying for our faves to get those OWGspots at Nebelhorn, begging Yuzu to just end our misery and reveal his SP music,...

BUT

a new round of the mineral cup is up, time to vote, you know for WHO!:snpeace:

Ice-chan is waiting for your support!:201111231756430f6:

(no I don't care zircon is pretty and cool too and that it can even sparke. Yuzu would not be able to skate on zircon, he doesn't thank zircon whenever he enters the rink and when he leaves it, he doesn't hydroblade-kiss zircon, he can't train Nessie on zircon)

if new giveaways will come up I'll post them too

On 9/23/2021 at 9:44 AM, Henni147 said:

I have seen many music overlays with Yuzu's programs on YouTube and other platforms already (some of them are done pretty well) and I read many feedbacks how perfectly that fits his skating or how great it would be if Yuzu skated to that piece in the future.

Even if we try to be polite to the creator of the video edit, we also have to cherish Yuzu's incredible interpretation skills and note where the limits of the overlay edit are. Yes, Yuzu might skate to that piece some time in the future, but we can be sure that his choreography would be entirely different to our edit and also loads better than everything what we can chop together from past performances.

Agreed. I have to say, though, that I seldom, if ever, interpret the MADs as suggesting that Yuzu's programs would have been better -- or as good -- if he had chosen the music used by the video maker. I experience them as expressing how the maker feels about Yuzu, which is an entirely different thing. The ones I enjoy capture my own feelings about him. I can't enjoy them unless the chosen visual clips and the music are somewhat compatible, and I always stop watching if they're not. But I'm willing to overlook some incongruities in the interest of savoring the sense that someone else in the fandom is (let's say) carried away by the same sense of awe I experience at certain performances. 

It's noteworthy to me that many of the music selections (including the one @Henni147 employed) tend to have a heroic vibe. That's not a genre Yuzu himself favors -- wisely, I would say. But his fans do see him as heroic in any number of contexts. The MADs built around heroic music express that very common perception, just like countless posts on this forum.  I accept them as valid expressions of that shared feeling, however much they may fall short of the perfect marriage of music and movement that Yuzu himself treasures and that we treasure in his performances.

:winky:

5 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I know we are all busy with melting over beautyblogger Yuzu, living our daily lives, waiting for Yuzu, grabbing WC tickets, contemplating Yuzu, catching up with JGP, writing poems about Yuzu, praying for our faves to get those OWGspots at Nebelhorn, begging Yuzu to just end our misery and reveal his SP music,...

BUT

a new round of the mineral cup is up, time to vote, you know for WHO!:snpeace:

Ice-chan is waiting for your support!:201111231756430f6:

(no I don't care zircon is pretty and cool too and that it can even sparke. Yuzu would not be able to skate on zircon, he doesn't thank zircon whenever he enters the rink and when he leaves it, he doesn't hydroblade-kiss zircon, he can't train Nessie on zircon)

if new giveaways will come up I'll post them too

This pretty LGC pin is a giveaway once again:

The vote is currently at 50-50. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: So every single vote counts. For one of the matches, the winner won by merely ~13 votes!

This whole MinCup is actually very much like Yuzu's situation in FS right now.

Ice won in 2019, so there are many who feel we should have a new winner. Also, the fans of the minerals who lost to ice are banding together to revenge vote against Ice-chan.

The organizers of MinCup love the excitement that fanyus add to the mix. There were over 6,000 votes in Round 1 with Ice vs. Olivine, and it was a record number of votes. The average number of votes for the other mineral matches is around 3,000.

ETA: Ice is now winning by a little. Don't let Zircon catch up!

Here are more giveaways:

8 hours ago, Pammi said:

SO EXCITED to see a fancam of SOI LGC!!! He is something else!!

(I've put it on the SOI thread too)

oh my, who was the silent hero who managed to film this defying the strict rules in Japan?:jaw:

as a fan I'm enjoying the content so I'll leave any ethic qualms for another day and say WELL DONE you unknown hero and grab the vid before it disappeares

In fancam the rink looks so small:8788161:

4 hours ago, IceWings said:

This whole MinCup is actually very much like Yuzu's situation in FS right now.

Ice won in 2019, so there are many who feel we should have a new winner. Also, the fans of the minerals who lost to ice are banding together to revenge vote against Ice-chan.

The organizers of MinCup love the excitement that fanyus add to the mix. There were over 6,000 votes in Round 1 with Ice vs. Olivine, and it was a record number of votes. The average number of votes for the other mineral matches is around 3,000.

I wasn't thinking about this, whoa, fair point. We need to support ice against the evil anti-ice geologists (jk, love you even if you don't have taste!:P) so we can keep flooding the mineral cup with our pretty gifs XD

I admit that if I were an anti-ice geologist I would kinda hate fanyus now, all these upstarts coming into MY den and hijacking MY voting... for the second time! As if making ice win once wasn't enough!:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3rZJh1qdlkyg: BUT WHO CARES! I'm not an anti-ice geologist and Ice-chan deserves!:tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

the total number of votes is already >3800, but there are many hours left and last time olivine was relentlessly catching up in that timeframe:tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg:

Finally!!

I found a way to upload a combined version of my two triple Axel compilations on YouTube without any copyright issues!! :studsmatta::dancingpooh:

It was really tricky, because the max length of copyright-free audio track is 15 seconds, even if you repeat the same 5 seconds three times. So I had to reduce the number of LGC and PW Axels to 2, Masquerade to 1.

My heart is bleeding, but that's how it is. At least I could finally put up my favorite solo triple Axels on my channel!! Yeey!!  :cri:

:offtopic2:

Spoiler

15 hours ago, LadyLou said:

....I wasn't thinking about this, whoa, fair point. We need to support ice against the evil anti-ice geologists (jk, love you even if you don't have taste!:P) so we can keep flooding the mineral cup with our pretty gifs XD

I admit that if I were an anti-ice geologist I would kinda hate fanyus now, all these upstarts coming into MY den and hijacking MY voting... for the second time! As if making ice win once wasn't enough!:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3rZJh1qdlkyg: BUT WHO CARES! I'm not an anti-ice geologist and Ice-chan deserves!:tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

the total number of votes is already >3800, but there are many hours left and last time olivine was relentlessly catching up in that timeframe:tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg:

Team Zircon (actually, it's more like Team Anti-Ice) made a last minute rally and won by a mere 0.2% (13 ± 7 votes). :snmouchotto:  :Poohgaveup:

The total number of votes was 6,831, which should be a new record since the previous record was 6,751 votes (Round 1, Ice defeats Olivine).

Well, the glaciologists and the people who study the planets mostly side with us at least. And here is another parallel to FS, appealing to the non-scientists who are voting for the heck of it. These are like our casual FS fans, and you may be able to sway them to your side with silly, non-scientific arguments. :P

14 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Finally!!

I found a way to upload a combined version of my two triple Axel compilations on YouTube without any copyright issues!! :studsmatta::dancingpooh:

It was really tricky, because the max length of copyright-free audio track is 15 seconds, even if you repeat the same 5 seconds three times. So I had to reduce the number of LGC and PW Axels to 2, Masquerade to 1.

My heart is bleeding, but that's how it is. At least I could finally put up my favorite solo triple Axels on my channel!! Yeey!!  :cri:

Thank you so much @Henni147 for your work.
I really enjoyed your compilation.  Yuzu's triple Axels are so beautiful :heart:

On 9/23/2021 at 6:25 AM, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi everyone 

Just in case anyone is interested, WC Montpellier tickets are out:

https://m.ticketmaster.fr/fr/resultat?ipSearch=Championnats+du+monde+de+patinage

@yuzuangel or any of our admins please feel free to move this post if there is a better thread for it. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Wow, WC tickets are out before Rostelecom Cup (in less than two months) and Olympics :embSwan: really weird season, sigh........ :facepalm: