General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, cereus said:

New voice log:

HELLO fanyus : I went to see on Kosé France, if there is the "skin snow" range that Yuzu talks about and no, it is new and released this month on the 16th

https://japan.topnews.cloud/new-series-clear-wellness-from-kose-snow-skin-spirit/    and there are all the Sekkisei products and I found this one

https://shannonchow.com/secret-skin-white-snow-kose-sekkisei-lotion/   and it is, maybe? , Yuzu's secret to have such perfect skin  :hehe:    and I also have this type of mask in another in another brand  and then, anyway, no need to use this product to have this  skin, mine is is 365/365 = ultra white and my nickname is " snow white :peek:    and I want to share with you music from my favorite group and with a sy mphonic orchestra (the conductor is French)  and I can hear the con sounds of Asia and the lea der N Sirkis LOVES Japan and, with a Japanese singer, he covered one of his duo where he sings in Japanese and syllabic and all rights were paid to the Japanese Red Cross for the 2011 disaster and I found a HANYU product, which is a high-end fabric that is sturdy (eh YES) and soft in the to touch :ohmygod:     

https://www.amazon.fr/HANYU-Imitation-dameublement-Robuste-Similicuir/dp/B096Z3G4G8?th=1

[NEWS] another translation/summary of the free part of the interview to Mami Yamada:tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

bb mushroom was both funny and frightening:68468287:  so restless and headstrong and fearless... I have no trouble believing he was a "handful" for parents and coaches alike, but I'm sure it paid off. And I love how Yuzuru has somehow kept in touch with all his past coaches, how he never forgets any of them and that he likes giving back collaborating with them e.g. for 24htv collabs:img_21:

Here I am again : I just stumbled upon this and which dates from yesterday 09/21 and it talks about Canada and the opening of the borders and Rika and, of course, Yuzu and his "return"? to TCC (well I write what I understood, sorry) and you will understand better than me and that he is alone in Japan and Japanese comments translated and also, it would appear? that there is an incident at the 2014 Olympics gala, between Yuzu and P Chan and that the anti-Yuzu  attacked him ..... : must see the video and read the "show more" 

On 9/21/2021 at 6:08 PM, Henni147 said:

This is exactly what I hoped to hear :space:

Remember my post about the PCS scoring of Yuzu's programs? The last months I spent a lot of time on analyzing Yuzu's different programs, focusing on the compostion and especially the interpretation of the music which includes:

1. Music genre and vibe

2. Tempo

3. Timing and rhythm

4. Volume

5. Range and tone sequences

6. Keys and tonality

7. Chords and harmonies

8. Timbre and set of instruments

9. Use of vocals (optional)

10. Story or message behind the piece (optional)

In dancing, figure skating and any other sport that uses music, the aim must be to translate the music piece 1:1 into body movements in a way that with muted sound you as a viewer are still able to reconstruct the original piece from the movements. Just like you are able to reconstruct the sound of the piece from the symbols on the music sheet. That means especially: If the original piece gets exchanged by another one - no matter how thoughtful the choice is - there must be a certain degree of mismatch that feels awkward while watching. If not, the interpretation of the original music by the performer was not precise and characteristic enough.

In case of this edit I realized that the skating matches the overlay piece in most parts regarding tempo and change of volume, in some cases also the on/off-beats and translation of high and low notes (not all). However, especially the vibe and character of the performance, including mimics, hand gestures and further body language, were not in tune with the overlay music.

And I think, this is what makes Yuzu's skating so extra special. No matter how hard you try to exchange the music, he and the original piece are one, unseparably. You need to watch 5 seconds of his skating and you already hear the sound of the original music ringing in your ears.

The most perfect interpretation ever was probably 4CC Chopin, because he fully met all bullets from 1 to 8, even the keys and tonality which is insanely difficult to realize in dancing. If you rewatch the skate, you will see that he translated

- all tempo changes with precise accelerations

- the length of each music note by matching it with the duration/length of the skating stroke

- the dynamics in volume by changing the power and intensity of his strokes

- the highs and lows by moving his body up and down in tune with the melody

- every keystroke of the piano with an accentuated foot or hand movement.

It's truly insane what he did there. Even a 10.00 in interpretation wouldn't do that performance justice. Should be 15.00 or 20.00.

I enjoy your sharing of knowledge in music and dancing/figure skating to explain Yuzu’s insane musicality. As a layman, I feel and love that his movements are in sync with the various elements of the music. There’s this sense of harmony where everything fall in place in his programs.

Apologies (I know you put time and effort for the video) but my first impression when watching the video - I couldn’t finish it in one sitting (though it was only about 2mins) because the music sounded off/wrong. It took me some efforts to disassociate his skating with the original music. Only then was I able began to enjoy the video (especially the intense skating of Masquerade matching the dramatic music) though there are some small parts that seemed off. Thank you for I learn something here.

On 9/20/2021 at 1:10 AM, Henni147 said:

I share it here too, because I'd like to collect as many impressions as possible.

It can be absolutely anything that comes to your mind. Correct answers only.

I'm late to the party but I'll contribute shortly anyway. 

Now I'm not the type to strongly associate his skates with the music, meaning I know what he's skating to but it's hard for me to remember how the music goes at that point. However, I can feel what the music flow at the specific moment is supposed to be, ie. fierce or soft, fast or tender, etc. And this music does not fit any of the programs. 

For Hana, the movement suggest the music to be soft, close, intimate, so the overlay music still sounds to grand. 

For Masquerade, even as the skating's fierce and full of passion, I still feel a sort of languid expression. So the music again doesnt fit since it sounds more like a pressing forward to victory kinda vibe. 

For H&L, the movements are tender, flowing, fluid like water and light like wind, despite being fast, I don't feel that from the music, which sounds more upbeat. 

I don't know if I have any bias since I already know what the program music is supposed to be but those are my thoughts. 

17 hours ago, YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth said:

Apologies (I know you put time and effort for the video) but my first impression when watching the video - I couldn’t finish it in one sitting (though it was only about 2mins) because the music sounded off/wrong. It took me some efforts to disassociate his skating with the original music. Only then was I able began to enjoy the video (especially the intense skating of Masquerade matching the dramatic music) though there are some small parts that seemed off.

54 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Now I'm not the type to strongly associate his skates with the music, meaning I know what he's skating to but it's hard for me to remember how the music goes at that point. However, I can feel what the music flow at the specific moment is supposed to be, ie. fierce or soft, fast or tender, etc. And this music does not fit any of the programs. 

For Hana, the movement suggest the music to be soft, close, intimate, so the overlay music still sounds to grand. 

For Masquerade, even as the skating's fierce and full of passion, I still feel a sort of languid expression. So the music again doesnt fit since it sounds more like a pressing forward to victory kinda vibe. 

For H&L, the movements are tender, flowing, fluid like water and light like wind, despite being fast, I don't feel that from the music, which sounds more upbeat. 

I don't know if I have any bias since I already know what the program music is supposed to be but those are my thoughts.

With this video experiment I tried to test two things:

1. Do people feel the mismatch between Yuzu's skating and the overlay music?

2. If yes, do they have the courage to speak it out loud? :space:

I have seen many music overlays with Yuzu's programs on YouTube and other platforms already (some of them are done pretty well) and I read many feedbacks how perfectly that fits his skating or how great it would be if Yuzu skated to that piece in the future.

Even if we try to be polite to the creator of the video edit, we also have to cherish Yuzu's incredible interpretation skills and note where the limits of the overlay edit are. Yes, Yuzu might skate to that piece some time in the future, but we can be sure that his choreography would be entirely different to our edit and also loads better than everything what we can chop together from past performances.

@YuzuSkating_IsTheTruth I must confess that the whole edit took me 10 minutes this time :laughing:

Usually I need about an hour for such clips like the 3A or Ina Bauer collection, but this one was a rather sloppy edit. On purpose.

11 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Even if we try to be polite to the creator of the video edit, we also have to cherish Yuzu's incredible interpretation skills and note where the limits of the overlay edit are. Yes, Yuzu might skate to that piece some time in the future, but we can be sure that his choreography would be entirely different to our edit and also loads better than everything what we can chop together from past performances.

Yes, I feel that Yuzu's skating is so intricately interwoven with the music that any different music overlay will produce a certain level of dissonance if you pay attention, even if the energy and theme fit the original program. And that is what set him apart, in a league of his own. 

35 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi all 

Just in case anyone is interested, WC Montpellier tickets are out:

https://m.ticketmaster.fr/fr/resultat?ipSearch=Championnat+du+monde+de+patinage

@yuzuangel or one of our admins, feel free to move this post if there is a better thread. 

Of course, I went to see the link : but alas it's quite expensive and even taking a category 3/4 and in addition, the A and R train (and even with the prem's system 3 months in advance and low prices, which I use when I go to Paris) and more the simple hotel / to eat and have days in this period !? it would have been an opportunity to skate live and Yuzu who will surely be there : I would watch it on TV / youtube and with you .......