General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But more importantly,  I think our hearts were open at the right time while Yuzu was there ready to walk in.

As for me, I can say that my heart was definitely not open, but Yuzu just came in without asking permission. It was a big shock and it took me a long time to accept. I just kept asking "Who is this person?" "How did he get in?" "Can he be trusted?" "What is all this?" Maybe in retrospect I can see why he came into my life when he did. I'm a very reserved person and it takes me a long time to let anyone near me, so maybe some higher power looked at me and said, "That girl is going to need someone to lean on in a couple of years. We better send one to her a little early so she has the courage to trust him when the time comes."

I understand @Henni147 very well. As I began to get to know this stranger who was living in my heart, I realized that he was someone very mature for his age (17 at the time) and already had a lot of thoughts that resonated with me. For a long time now, while reading his interviews, I have had the feeling that "wow, people like that still exist". Sometimes I feel that he is like a vanishing natural resource that needs to be protected at all costs. And then, on the other hand, I am very aware that I don't really know him and never will.

I don't know if this helps, but as a close relative of a person with disabilities, I have learned to observe how people treat person who is somehow different or weaker. We may not have seen Yuzu in such situations much, but from what I have seen and heard I can say that he seems to treat any kind of person with respect and as a person with a value of their own who deserves to be seen and heard. Whenever I see him meeting new people I am struck by the warmth and empathy he seems so naturally to give them. For me personally, that is perhaps the most important thing that makes me trust him and feel that he really is a good person.

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

@Yuzuwinnie, je pense que la traduction automatique a fait une erreur ici. Le message original qui@CaroSkate fait n'a pas dit 170 ans. Il disait juste "170" et je crois que cela signifiait 170 cm et c'était à peu près sa taille. 

OK , je vois et en plus je fais traduire en Français et le " ans " a donc été ajouté et donc , elle mesure 1m70 :peace2:   MERCI

So many lovely discussions on how Yuzu managed to touche our hearts so deeply. I honestly don't have as much to say. 

I've always been on the more apathetic side towards the world in general. I recognized and accepted that there are many messed up things, but also lots of goodness out there.

I stumbled upon Yuzu through YT recommendations, Sochi PW was my first program of his. The energy, the flow across the ice, the attitude, everything had me hooked after the first watch, so down the rabbit hole I went. However, what made me a true fan who'd follow his every crumb were the wisdom and insights in his interviews, the difficult journey he went through without losing that spark, and the way he carried himself with dignity and integrity. It's already rare to see someone with so much character, although some of my close loved ones share similar characteristics so I know people like that are still around, it's just rarer that such a famous person remains so grounded and focused. And I greatly admire people like that. Come for his skating and stay for his character. It's always been like this for me, how I become someone's fan, it's their character that seal the connection. 

I also understand that we don't truly know anyone, especially someone so famous and under close scrutiny. However, in this case I do believe "innocent unless proven guilty." And it's not like I blindly trust him either. There have been substantial evidence to back up my perceptions so I'll trust my trust in him. (This doesn't mean that I put him on a pedestal either. I simply think whatever flaws he has are probably tolerable and acceptable compared to his other great qualities.)

Please do excuse my ramble. I'm not the most eloquent when I get all sentimental and excited. 

Look at this baby Yuzu, so loveable and a ray of sunshine! That squishable cheeks and radiant smile :tumblr_inline_mm2wnw2HKh1qz4rgp:

Edit: I think these might not have been shared yet. 

31 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I wish Yuzu and all the Fanyus a fantastic day   : 9:

I answer here and I love ALL these wonderful Ina Bauer  :puddingpooh: and the choice is impossible  :girlsigh:  , and you too, a good day because I'm at 4:55 p.m. in the afternoon where 4:55 PM : smiley-char023:

PS : I ask myself the same question regarding Yuzu off  ice and camera? Hope he is a good person in everyday life 

2 時間前, amylance1215さんが言いました:

I think the poet Tetsushi Suwa mentioned in the article is Arthur Rimbaud, not Rambo.

He is one of my favorite poets, although I read his poems in Japanese translated by HORIGUCHI Daigaku, a famous Japanese poet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Rimbaud

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daigaku_Horiguchi

Leonardo DiCaprio played Rimbaud in the film Total Eclipse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Eclipse_(film)

Sorry for :offtopic2:

29 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you very much everyone for the kind comments! : trampoline:

Good evening and if we have written good comments, it is because you did a good job  :heartpound: and for the hydrobla ding (OK all TOP, of course) but my best is that of Haru Yo Koi bent to the extreme (and costume  : 67638860: ) and nose must fro the first ice, in my opinion and the last one, I think? , Is a practice last Skating Canada (there is a passage where he cut slips and falls) but always with grace :wink_star:

30 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

I think the poet Tetsushi Suwa mentioned in the article is Arthur Rimbaud, not Rambo.

He is one of my favorite poets, although I have read his poems in Japanese translated by HORIGUCHI Daigaku, a famous Japanese poet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Rimbaud

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daigaku_Horiguchi

Leonardo DiCaprio played Rimbaud in the movie Total Eclipse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Eclipse_(film)

sorry for :offtopic2:

I know, of course, Arthur RIMBAUD who is a huge French poet and I went to see the wiki of D Horiguchi and I learn that he speaks French and therefore made translations (we learn every day  :agree: ) and as I couldn't read T Suwa's article, I went to find out if H Rambo exists and it's a film that is the story of Alain who is disadvantaged and, who, to earn a little € recites poems by H Rimbaud to motorists stranded at red lights and the trailer is subtitled in English 

https://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=275952.html   

2 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Good evening and if we have written good comments, it is because you did a good job  :heartpound: and for the hydrobla ding (OK all TOP, of course) but my best is that of Haru Yo Koi bent to the extreme (and costume  : 67638860: ) and nose must fro the first ice, in my opinion and the last one, I think? , Is a practice last Skating Canada (there is a passage where he cut slips and falls) but always with grace :wink_star:

Thank you :softYuzu:

It's really amazing to read how different we are in our preferences and the reasons behind our choices. Many love the softness and delicacy of the gala programs like Haru Yo Koi or Notte Stellata. Then there many who love the performance and loud cheers from the crowd like the special emotions at the Olympics or Skate Canada. Some look at the technical finesse and complexity of the transitions, others at the creativity of the arm movements... The list is endless and it's fantastic! :clapclap4:

59 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you :softYuzu:

It's really amazing to read how different we are in our preferences and the reasons behind our choices. Many love the softness and delicacy of the gala programs like Haru Yo Koi or Notte Stellata. Then there many who love the performance and loud cheers from the crowd like the special emotions at the Olympics or Skate Canada. Some look at the technical finesse and complexity of the transitions, others at the creativity of the arm movements... The list is endless and it's fantastic! :clapclap4:

I love all those things - his gentleness, his artistic interpretation, his technical finesse, his transitions, his humanity - and, hello! His speed! He is SO fast.