General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

To celebrate Yuzu's great performances in 2021 (+JNats 2020), I created this short video upgrade. I still had the first version saved in my editor, so it was more like a bonus round this time, but no matter how many times I replay these 2 minutes, I'm still in awe of his insane skills :10636614:

I really don't understand why anyone would think his jumps are regressing? Just look at any competition and you'll see quads that are as effortless as ever, maybe more effortless than ever before. Sure, he doesn't have a consistent 4Lz or 4F, but it still doesn't make sense to say he's regressing, as if he had one in the past and lost it. Meanwhile, his 4T and 4S are more consistent than EVER before, and his 4Lo often looks effortless as well. Logic, none :cursing:

We have a saying in France that goes: "Qui n'avance pas, recule" AKA: Standing still means falling behind.

Yuzuru's overall quality is undeniably getting better. Both his technique and expression are more polished than ever, and whilst that is good and all, it is kinda expected from a veteran. Chiddy, Mao and Carolina are the best example of this. This asset didn't really help them score-wise, however.

With Yuzuru, what pained me most and what I think is going to cost him dearly, is dropping the 4LZ. He's been training it since before Pyeongchang, had to drop it due to injury, got back on it in 2019 and when it surprisingly got consistent... he decided to drop it again after 4cc 2020 with seemingly no plans of practicing it or including it in a competitive program. The jump had so much potential and he spent so much effort on it. His decision is unfathomable and I don't think that working on an already consistent jump while going after his 4A fantasies is an impossible task.

He is aware that the 4A isn't a game changer so I (really) hope he has some other cards under his sleeve...  If his goal is still to win, that is. If he just wants to land the axel and call it a day then nevermind lol :pp Go for it, Yuzuru.

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I really don't understand why anyone would think his jumps are regressing? Just look at any competition and you'll see quads that are as effortless as ever, maybe more effortless than ever before. Sure, he doesn't have a consistent 4Lz or 4F, but it still doesn't make sense to say he's regressing, as if he had one in the past and lost it. Meanwhile, his 4T and 4S are more consistent than EVER before, and his 4Lo often looks effortless as well. Logic, none :cursing:

Trolls are gonna be trolls. Same goes with vile, jealous professionals in the FS world or elsewhere. That's all I have to say. Let them be in their own Lala Land, Never Land, you name it. You gotta need some fantasy to escape from the realness of the real world anyway 😌

Yuzu's constant improvement in all aspects of his skating is not to be taken for granted, especially in a sport where all of those seem to mean nothing (when it comes to him) if scores are anything to go by. He came to terms with this after JNats 19, and that was how we got his unrelented focus on 4A now.

At this point I just want him to achieve whatever goals he set out, without caring about medal colors because those are rigged anyways. Can't wait for the day when he unveils the 4A, complete with steps and transitions in and out Yuzu-style :9:

You go GOAT! Your skating and its legacy will keep touching people's heart long after this sport implodes :goat:

On 8/20/2021 at 1:47 AM, KendallKlaire said:

It certainly is puzzling isn't it? Haha

As far as NBC is concerned I think they're trying to boost Yuzu now that it's an Olympic season. They know that Yuzu is the draw in figure skating which is still one of the most watched sports during the Olympics. Given how dismal the ratings were for these past Olympics, NBC is getting using Yuzu's popularity and boosting his profile early. The skeptical side of me, however, sees this as NBC's strategy of "let's boost up Yuzu so when Nathan beats him it will seem more impressive". 

On 8/20/2021 at 1:55 AM, Melodie said:

Def the popularity boost + Nate boost combo, if you ask me. If they can get the best of both worlds, why not? Anyway, they will go vile and passive aggressive towards Yuzu again real soon -.- 

After some botched PR attempts to promote Nate in the WTT Exhibition Gala (during Yuzu’s performance) and his homophobic comments in recent interview, maybe the US media finally realized it is a safer approach to boost Yuzu and thereby indirectly proclaiming a great(er) Nate who goes ahead of Yuzu and win Gold in Beijing Oly next year (as expected based on post PyeongChang Oly scoring of both skaters).

7 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Seriously. If taking a jump out is equal to regression, then Nathan is regressing even more than Yuzu. In the 17/18 season Nathan jumped all 5 types of quads and landed 6 in the freeskate. He hasn't landed a clean 4Lo in international competition for years, the only new jump in his arsenal is the 4T+1Eu+3F combo and with the new repetition rules he could only attempt a max of 5 quads in the free in the current cycle. In most competitions he used 4-quad-layouts.

Since 17/18 Yuzu has added the 4T+3A sequence, the 4T+1Eu+3F combo, upped the number of quads in the free from 4 to 5 in Torino and landed the 4T+1Eu+3S for the first time with positive GOE. Even if we don't talk about the quality and only look at the plain content, it's a big development, especially at the age of 25-26.

Yuzu has shown that he can jump a textbook quad Lutz if he wants to, it's nicely archived on video for the history books. No need to keep it for shabby 2-3 GOE. Yes, it's gorgeous, but Yuzu has other gorgeous jumps in his arsenal and a 4Lz with 0 prerotation is always a ticking time bomb, very dangerous to attempt. It's not an element that you can casually store in your bag without putting a lot of effort into it. I totally understand if he shifts his focus to the quad Axel. It's suicidal enough to practice one of the two, and edge jumps fit the softness and flow of TenChi much better anyway.

After Torino I really asked myself: is this what we want to see? Yuzu torturing himself with 5-quad-layouts and fight through the program? Tank empty, he did not even have enough energy left to hold the ending pose. And what was the reward? An almost 40 point defeat in the combined total. If anyone thinks that a quad Lutz will solve Yuzu's problems - I tell you, it won't.

A perfectly clean TenChi program may not guarantee him a win either, but it's a performance that will be remembered and rewatched for decades. A performance that will give people happiness in every corner of our solar system. That is more worth than any medal or title.

10 hours ago, Saya said:

Nous avons un dicton en France qui dit : « Qui n'avance pas, recule » AKA : Rester immobile, c'est prendre du retard.

La qualité globale de Yuzuru s'améliore indéniablement. Sa technique et son expression sont plus raffinées que jamais, et même si c'est bon et tout, c'est un peu attendu d'un vétéran. Chiddy, Mao et Carolina en sont le meilleur exemple. Cependant, cet atout ne les a pas vraiment aidés en termes de score.

Avec Yuzuru, ce qui m'a le plus peiné et ce qui, je pense, va lui coûter cher, c'est de laisser tomber la 4LZ. Il l'entraîne depuis avant Pyeongchang, a dû l'abandonner à cause d'une blessure, est revenu dessus en 2019 et quand il est devenu étonnamment cohérent... il a décidé de l'abandonner à nouveau après le 4cc 2020 sans apparemment l'intention de le pratiquer ou de l'inclure dans un programme compétitif. Le saut avait tellement de potentiel et il y a consacré tellement d'efforts. Sa décision est insondable et je ne pense pas que travailler sur un saut déjà cohérent tout en poursuivant ses fantasmes 4A soit une tâche impossible.

Il est conscient que le 4A ne change pas la donne alors j'espère (vraiment) qu'il a d'autres cartes sous sa manche... Si son objectif est toujours de gagner, c'est bien. S'il veut juste poser l'axel et l'appeler un jour alors tant pis lol :pp Allez-y, Yuzuru.

:wave: Saya (Yuzu's sister's first name), I would feel more alone, if you are French and the saying is quite explicit .... And Yuzu is like good wine (we have a lot  of famous vineyards in France) more he ages better he is better and questions of jumps, I think he knows what he is doing since he is HYPER perfectionist and surely a strategy in mind and anyway : GANBATTE YUZU : hachimaki:    

Nearly 13,000 responses to this survey!! we really DO love Yuzuru from all over the world!

(PS: Most fans from China unable to respond on the platforms used in the survey, and we know there is a very big following in China)

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Nearly 13,000 responses to this survey!! we really DO love Yuzuru from all over the world!

So good to see, that so many fans all around the world Yuzu love and support. :8788161:

Photos from 24 h TV :img_21:

Credit: @RED_far on twitter

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].