General Yuzuru Chat

I also love that he got a new costume for this performance of White Legend and Hana Ni Nare — I mean he probably had a different financial situation back then (ie. couldn't spend as easily on costumes as he was on the next Olympic games/quad after Sochi...), but his wisteria kimono really made the old White Legend costume seem like a makeshift costume...

On 8/22/2021 at 1:09 AM, Henni147 said:

I want to be fair. The landing of the opening 4S was not ideal (the quality of the 4S at WTT was far superior). It's also a fact that Yuzu made a hop in the first cluster of the StSq and his overall commitment to the performance was a bit stronger at WTT. So the score of the Swiss judge was probably the closest to reality with 109. Personally, I would have given +5 for the sit spin and 9.75 for transitions, but that doesn't change much.

For whatever reason, the GBR judge seemed to have a crush on Shoma. While every skater got 5-13 points less from her than the panel's average, Shoma got only 2 points less. In any way, Mrs Davidson deserves a cell for long-term inmates in Azkaban.

Back to Yuzu's SPs. In a logical world with fair scoring the results should have been roughly as follows (I put the difference to the official scores in brackets):

114 4CC Chopin (-3)
110 COR (0) & NHK (-1) & JNats Otonal (0)

SC Otonal (0), Worlds LMEY (-3)

108 JNats LMEY (-5)
107 WTT LMEY (0)

Fight me, but the difference between 4CC Chopin and the other performances was there. We got some really strong versions of Otonal, but none of them was so squeaky clean and refined in quality as Ballade. Particularly the section with the combo, where the music had to be re-edited to fit into the second half, felt not quite right and that should be reflected in the scores.

The only reason why I did not give 4CC Ballade the max score of 116 is:

- The 4S could have been a bit higher and the landing position maintained a second longer before going into the SE (like he did with the 3A at SC 2015)

- The camel spin lost a bit in speed towards the end

- The sit spin was not as perfectly centered as it used to be

- And the dramaturgical distribution of the jumps with the combo on the crescendo in the second half was better in the Oly version, so only 9.75 for composition.

Everything else was on point with deserved +5 and 10.00. The 111 that he got was a crime for this masterpiece.

He transcended himself in 4CC Chopin. I'm not sure there's words for how extraordinarily all of it just came together. H&L from WC17 has that same feeling but even in there one of his jumps isn't Yuzu-perfect and a lot of the feels from that skate came from him catching up after his SP. 4CC Chopin is just magic even without context like H&L. Plus somehow his skating is even better. He carries himself differently now. A new level or type of confidence and it shows. 

Gorgeous painting of Yuzu's wisteria costume :201111231756430f6:

I tried looking for it on the website but it's so hard to find. Maybe someone could help. 

I think this pic is new! The second twt is a new 5 min video. Is that the one we were waiting for? Edit: never mind, that video is the old one. The new one is still coming on Aug 30th. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, Anni said:

Beautiful new photo :67638860:

I think the 5 min video is from 26th July (first voice message).
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRya48MAaLj/?utm_medium=copy_link

According to Sekkisei post is the second episode for August 30th, 8 p.m. planned.

Yeah I just double checked the translations and found the same info. Edited my post to include that. 

Angle comparison between the two broadcasts. Edit to include the second Twt in the thread. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Guest Mary_kyo
1 hour ago, CiONTUw4A said:

By revisiting his previous programs one by one, is he....preparing us for his retirement?

I think no! (or maybe that is me in denial lol). I believe by revisiting past programs, he is showing his progress and improvement while reaching for his ideal perfection in those programs (that are very dear to him). In general, his skating has reached to a whole new level in the past year and he has a new mature godly aura. With this new level, he wants and definitely brings a more sophisticated interpretation and stunning spirit in those performances compared to the past. 

Btw, I don’t think a perfect hanyu-ideal 4A is going to be achieved this soon and also I feel that 4A won’t be really the end of the road, at least to me. He is just peaking and as long as there is this massive improvement, I doubt we hear the retirement news anytime soon :smiley-angelic001:

7 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

I think no! (or maybe that is me in denial lol). I believe by revisiting past programs, he is showing his progress and improvement while reaching for his ideal perfection in those programs (that are very dear to him). In general, his skating has reached to a whole new level in the past year and he has a new mature godly aura. With this new level, he wants and definitely brings a more sophisticated interpretation and stunning spirit in those performances compared to the past. 

Btw, I don’t think a perfect hanyu-ideal 4A is going to be achieved this soon and also I feel that 4A won’t be really the end of the road, at least to me. He is just peaking and as long as there is this massive improvement, I doubt we hear the retirement news anytime soon :smiley-angelic001:

Nah, if you think about it, Javi did recycle his EX a whole lot too. I would like to think that it's TCC tradition to recycle EX left and right 😂

Guest Mary_kyo
42 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Nah, if you think about it, Javi did recycle his EX a whole lot too. I would like to think that it's TCC tradition to recycle EX left and right

That’s also a good point.

Imo, In Javi’s case, the purpose of recycling might be slightly different tho but I won’t get into details to protect myself (I still love u, Javi). Plus I approve the philosophy of “2 perfect refined programs are way better than 5 half-assed programs”, if this makes sense. Another point is that he is currently preparing a new SP and taming a monster at the same time, so less time too. :smiley-scared005:

Some fans in twitter also said his custome represents "the sunset of his career", like can we not make this any harder please