General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I've seen someone was speculating that violinist Ikuko Kawai who played White Legend had mentioned last year that she may collaborate with Yuzu next year (2021). So it could mean they may do WL  at this year's 24hr TV...:sadPooh: It's been 10 years since 3.11 and WL is the program that made Yuzu realise that his skating can give hope to people. 

I remember someone tweeting that Ikuko Kawai said so during her concert last year. I thought there might be a special event this year to commemorate 311, or she might join FaOI, but if it is 24h this year, that would be really nice, because there must have been many things planned last year with a hope that things would be better by now but ended up being canceled, like some part of the Tomoni Mae e touring exhibition...:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

20 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Apologies if this is considered off-topic but It’s just sad how this is still perfectly valid in 2021.

:offtopic2:About John Curry

Spoiler

This tweet is from BBC documentary that I watched this summer. I recommend to watch it if you ever have time and interest. I uploaded it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g5zn77-ZqoYJ5kgOY2qUqDPxO45n3Oor/view?usp=sharing

OT, but quick question to everyone:

Seems like my twitter account has been temporarily locked for whatever reason and I cannot log in. I'm really curious what crime I've committed apart from posting that "team bronze medals are extremely important nowadays". Has someone experienced this already?

8 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Annie, I'm sorry I didn't  put "like" on your last post, because unfortunately !!!! I didn't understand what C Pulkinen is saying and I just recognized Yuzu's name  :unsure2: , because when it's spoken it's too fast for me and I get there better when it's written. ...  

@Yuzuwinnie:wave:

Here is a short summary of the interview.

Spoiler

Sorry I am not very good at expressing myself in english, I hope you understand the content.

To the question if there is an athlete who inspires him, not only in skating but outside of skating, said Camden, one athlete who comes to mind is Yuzu. He always love his skating. Also the longevity of his carrer impresses him. 

Camden is really impressed that Yuzu has won two Olympic gold medals and hopefully will also participate in the next Olympic Games. Yuzu is definitely a role model and one of the first skater he liked to watching as a child.

Sean said he respects those skaters who have been doing the sport for a long time and Yuzu is definitely one of them.  He thinks Yuzu is a very good role model. He was also at the tournament with him and he says he's really a nice person. Sean also likes Daisuke Takahashi.
Camden himself hasn't spoken to Daisuke yet, but he and Yuzu will be at the NHK Cup so he would like to take a photo with both of them.

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Seems like my twitter account has been temporarily locked for whatever reason and I cannot log in. I'm really curious what crime I've committed apart from posting that "team bronze medals are extremely important nowadays". Has someone experienced this already?

It's probably related to the video edits that you did? I heard Twitter has been cracking down on copyright violations. 

They even went after someone for translating a newspaper/magazine article.

This might've been already posted since it's an older post, but it's the first time I've come across it.

My mind is absolutely blown. The number of mind-blowing coincidences in Yuzu's life and career is absolutely insane. Perhaps Yuzu already started to calculate everything before he was even born. :pouty:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

This might've been already posted since it's an older post, but it's the first time I've come across it.

My mind is absolutely blown. The number of mind-blowing coincidences in Yuzu's life and career is absolutely insane. Perhaps Yuzu already started to calculate everything before he was even born. :pouty:

What do those symbols stand for? He doesn't have any repetitions in his name.... (Clearly I know zero Japanese...)

5 hours ago, Anni said:

@Yuzuwinnie:wave:

Voici un bref résumé de l'entretien.

Masquer le contenu

Désolé je ne suis pas très doué pour m'exprimer en anglais, j'espère que vous comprenez le contenu.

When asked if there is an athlete who inspires her, not only in skating but outside of skating, Camden said, one athlete that comes to mind is Yuzu. He still loves his skating. Also the longevity of his career impresses him. 

Camden is truly impressed that Yuzu has won two Olympic gold medals and hopefully will be competing in the next Olympics as well. Yuzu is definitely a model and one of the first skaters he loved to watch as a kid.

Sean said he respects those skaters who have been in the sport for a long time and Yuzu is definitely one of them. He thinks Yuzu is a very good role model.He was also at the tournament with him and he says he's a really good person. Sean also loves Daisuke Takahashi.
Camden himself hasn't spoken to Daisuke yet, but he and Yuzu will be at the NHK Cup, so he'd like to take a photo with the two of them.

Annie, this is HYPER nice of you for making me a summary of words C Pulkinen and really, I appreciate this gesture towards me :thankssign: : clapclap4:

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

It is the kanji 羽 which means feather. It is the first kanji of the surname of Yuzuru (羽 生). If you flip the kanji to the side, it looks like Yuzuru's Blades! 

So, we can perhaps think  because Hanyu in kanji means feather, that the Phiten feather necklace was surely inspired by that !!!! :wink_star:  and THANK YOU for information :peace2:

6 hours ago, hananistellata said:

If we are reffering to the same incident then I think that the newspaper/magazine itself filled a copyright claim themselves instead of letting Twitter do it's thing. There was even an instance where Japanese fans reported the hourly Yuzuru Hanyu account for posting pictures from magazines and newspapers. :gaah:

Either way it's stressing me out to see all of these recent claims... I don't post edits yet I'm still sweating buckets about this... :sigh:

I remembered OP saying she was surprised by the copyright strike since the article was not behind a pay wall and she included credit to it. I hope they don't take down Hourly Yuzuru Hanyu. I love that account. :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

13 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Have you tweeted any video that includes footage taken from SOI or DOI? It seems that TBS has been vigorously searching for such videos that include their footage and locking the accounts. 

As to the newspapers and magazines, some media strictly prohibit unauthorized reproduction and stating it clearly somewhere on their pages. Sportiva is an example, and since they are using photos by Noto san, some are very careful not to harm his interests.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Have you tweeted any video that includes footage taken from SOI or DOI? It seems that TBS has been vigorously searching for such videos that include their footage and locking the accounts. 

As to the newspapers and magazines, some media strictly prohibit unauthorized reproduction and stating it clearly somewhere on their pages. Sportiva is an example, and since they are using photos by Noto san, some are very careful not to harm his interests.

I included one or two jumps from SOI in the 20/21 flashback video, but the clips were less than 5 seconds long to make sure that they cannot be flagged for copyright. Maybe they still can... I never received any notifications for copyright violations via twitter before and the clips have been up for more than two months now. I could understand that they delete the affected videos, but closing the whole account at once without any previous warnings? That's harsh.

Anyways. I wrote a mail to the support team and wait for their response.

I refuse to believe that uploading video snippets and pictures is treated like a capital crime, while targetted harassment, bullying, racism, homophobia, transphobia and deaththreats stay up for months and need to be reported +1000 times until something happens. If this is twitter's policy, I better stay away from that platform in the future entirely.

EDIT:

I just received a response from the support team that they apologize for the inconveniences. It seems like they locked my account "by mistake" lol.