General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I had to think about that mysterious SP for the new season... what it could be... I still have absolutely no idea tbh.

All we know: it's a program that only Yuzuru Hanyu can do.

However. What I would 100% celebrate:

1. John Cage: 4'33''
    Definitely a music piece that only Yuzu can bring to life. Absolutely no one else.
    Would love to hear the media's reaction to that genius move :smiley-laughing021:
    (Especially after saying that he couldn't present it at DOI because of the music cut lolololol)

2. Europe: The Final Countdown
    Considering that Yuzu set himself the goal to land the 4A this season... it truly feels like a final countdown :13877886:
    I'm sure, he would bring the house down with that program. Even the spiders and cockroaches in the arena would go wild :laughing:

3. Gloria Gaynor: I will survive

Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye?
    You think I'd crumble? You think I'd lay down and die?

Oh no, not I. I will survive!

This would be the sweetest message to all people who have been wishing him into retirement from day 1  :LOL:

ohhhh the final countdown. I was a big fan of europe in my teen. so many memories! I'd love that :)
All the songs you mentioned would be great for the reasons you explained
I'd like to add to your list

4. David Bowie:  Heroes.
    I, I will be king.....we can beat them forever and ever, we can be heroes  etc ect

anywai, we just have to wait and see what's on his sharp trolling mind. surely it's going to be epic

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I had to think about that mysterious SP for the new season... what it could be... I still have absolutely no idea tbh.

Definitely a music piece that only Yuzu can bring to life. Absolutely no one else.
    Would love to hear the media's reaction to that genius move :smiley-laughing021:
    (Especially after saying that he couldn't present it at DOI because of the music cut lolololol)

Considering that Yuzu set himself the goal to land the 4A this season... it truly feels like a final countdown :13877886:
    I'm sure, he would bring the house down with that program. Even the spiders and cockroaches in the arena would go wild :laughing:

This would be the sweetest message to all people who have been wishing him into retirement from day 1  :LOL:

Yes to 4'33"

3 hours ago, Pammi said:

First of all, your English is excellent!

Second, oh my God, what a beautiful thing happened to you watching Yuzuru play Ten to Chi to - it really brought tears to my eyes. I honestly believe that Yuzuru and his art / skating can bring healing to people, I also fell in love with this program when I saw it at JNats - I think Yuzuru actually said it was a program that should being skated cleanly (didn't the other satellites ??) - it was just magical that day.  

YES YES, I confirm it for its English which is PERFECT, compared to the little that I manage to write live / very short and basic ..... Same for me, Yuzu is my "medicine" when I am not not well and, this, quite often and H&L does not go on a cloud and then there LMYE = WOOOOO   :loveshower: and also TTCT  : yuzupout:  and THANKS Yuzu for bringing me joy in my life (well I also have other contributions to be happy) : snonegai:

Hi! I have been reading the planet for a while and would like to join the planet too :wave:

I have been following Yuzu  content since after Olympic Seimei (Youtube recommendation!) not only because he is amazing skater but also his characteristic & attitude too.

Also, I appreciate all of your hard work contents as it really made me smile especially during this pandemic situation.

Sorry if my English is bad. 

15 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

I was just rewatching heaven&earth from jnats and once again i felt in love with it.I just wondering why the program didn't get much love compared to Yuzu other program.Even LMEY get so much recognition.Is it because of the japanese theme?but Seimei get so much recognition..or is it because the two times it was perform internationally it was not clean?

I think it's because it's only been performed 3 times, total. And people were not thinking about figure skating for the past year. It will be interesting to see how things go for H&E this coming year.

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

John Cage: 4'33''

But he'd have to cut it to 4 minutes to fit the current rules for the free skate, and how would he ever be able to do that without wrecking the piece? I mean, John Cage wrote a masterpiece there, and every single part counts. Yuzu wouldn't want to leave out any crucial bars of the music...

Your other two suggestions seem a bit like warhorses to me, even though they're not...

I humbly submit for Yuzu's consideration:

5. Not Today, by BTS

because any song that starts with the verse 

All the underdogs in the world
A day may come when we lose
But it is not today
Today we fight!

might as well have been custom written for Yuzu. 

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I don't know if anyone has realized it, but since the start of the Tokyo Olympics Yuzu's Seimei performance on the Olympic Channel has moved up by more than 500K views and has reached 18.34 mio. views in total!!  :surprised_pikachu:

He is not even at the Olympics in person, but he is still omnipresent :smiley-laughing021:

I also noticed that! 2 days ago it was still 17.xx M but when I watch it yesterday, it increased to 18.2M. And now it's 18.4M. Don't know how it worked, but I'm glad more people watch this performance. Olympic Seimei is so iconic and very Yuzuru. 

these would all be hilarious :laughing:

i can't wait to see what he surprises us with!!

4 hours ago, gaia said:

wow! yuzu rulez XD
anyway, in my opinion, seimei needs to be watched at least once a day <3
energy boost every single time!

I have Yuzu skating to Muse on loop in my office at work....on breaks I have the video and music on....during work, I play Muse in the background.  Helps me keep calm and focused when work gets crazy

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I don't know if anyone has realized it, but since the start of the Tokyo Olympics Yuzu's Seimei performance on the Olympic Channel has moved up by more than 500K views and has reached 18.34 mio. views in total!!  :surprised_pikachu:

He is not even at the Olympics in person, but he is still omnipresent :smiley-laughing021:

As @Henni147 said, Yuzu is not even at the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, but he is still omnipresent, even in Portugal where figure skating is not a big sport.

YUZURU HANYU, THE OLYMPIC SKATER WHO RAINS WINNIE THE POOH STUFFED ANIMALS

“Now that we are in the heat of the Olympic Games fever, it is a great moment to remember the story of Yuzuru Hanyu, a figure skater from Japan who has Winnie the Pooh as his ally.

“Yes, we know that figure skating is a discipline of the Winter Olympics and Tokyo 2020 is part of the summer games, but Beijing 2022 is just around the corner and it is a good reason to meet this great skater.

“Yuzuru Hanyu is a double Olympic gold medalist and two-time world champion who is considered by many to be the best skater in Japan and probably the best skater in the history of the sport.”

https://animal.mx/2021/07/yuzuru-hanyu-patinador-olimpico-winnie-the-pooh/

Remember to right-click the article and click “Translate to English” if you are unable to read Portuguese.

What if, someday, in a CiONTU sequel, Yuzuru would skate (or even improvise) to several snippets of music pieces that fans / audience could have suggested a few days before the show? That would be a funny mixture, and Yuzu would definitely nail each music mood.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But he'd have to cut it to 4 minutes to fit the current rules for the free skate, and how would he ever be able to do that without wrecking the piece? I mean, John Cage wrote a masterpiece there, and every single part counts. Yuzu wouldn't want to leave out any crucial bars of the music...

Your other two suggestions seem a bit like warhorses to me, even though they're not...

I humbly submit for Yuzu's consideration:

5. Not Today, by BTS

because any song that starts with the verse 

All the underdogs in the world
A day may come when we lose
But it is not today
Today we fight!

might as well have been custom written for Yuzu. 

Well, since Yuzu keeps TenChi as his freeskate, a 4 minute cut of 4'33'' is probably out of question (SP cut as well). If at all, it could be used for the EX gala in full length. THAT would be something :smiley-laughing021:

I actually like the idea with 'Not Today'. With that piece no one could complain that Yuzu is shy of leaving his comfort zone :laughing:

By the way. My mom has suggested this piece for Yuzu's 4A quest:

Defying Gravity (by Idina Menzel)  :crybaby:

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game

Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap!

It's time to try defying gravity
I think I'll try defying gravity

Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity
And you won't bring me down

I'm through accepting limits
'Cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But 'til I try, I'll never know!

Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost!

I'd sooner buy defying gravity

Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity
I think I'll try defying gravity
And you won't bring me down

Unlimited

My future is unlimited

And I just had a vision

Almost like a prophecy

I know, it sounds truly crazy

And true, the vision's hazy

But I swear, someday I'll be flying so high

I'm defying gravity

@DancingFeather Yeah, a fan music medley would be really incredible. Impro dance is a funny idea, too, but I feel, it would be better to give him a few months to prepare it well. He puts so much thought and attention to detail into his choreos, it would be sad to rob him of that chance.

@Henni147 Yes, I had the same thought. He might want to do even snippets perfect to meet the fans' wishes :201111231756430f6:. Then again, he does love to improvise - at least he did as a child.

Hm, just let him some time to pick out of the suggested music pieces, that alone would take several days or even weeks. :embSwan: 

But in the end, I don't like to bother him to prepare too hard to music that obviously wouldn't be his preference.