General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Sha said:

I saw Yuzu lip syncing to Back Number's Happy Ending and got curious about the song because it sounded really good to me.

https://twitter.com/maiasauralil/status/1419253110791278599

It turned out to be such a sad romantic song when I Googled the meaning of the lyrics! The part Yuzu mouthed was:

"I was down and looked pale
The one that I love suddenly disappeared
Please remember me forever
But, it's all just a lie, I hope you were fine always."

This is now my favorite song... Although thinking about a heartbroken Yuzu makes me sad.

Thank you for sharing the video! Wow... I didn't know Happy End was such a sad song. However, the English lyrics you quoted are so different from the original. I am not sure if it is possible to convey the meaning of the lyrics with my English skills, but here is my translation:

Spoiler

"Goodbye" was stuck deep in my throat
So I said, "Thank you," as if to cough
I look into my pockets for what to say next,
But I only find myself still in love with you

I am fine, I am OK,
I have become able to be kind, I thought
Then I hoped so, then it became a lie
(T/n: Something, like a leaf) Withering while still being green
It was like me fading while still in love with you
I picked it up and crushed it in my hand
Together with my feeling deep inside
It's OK It's OK
Hold me tight now
And just say you don't need anything else if I am with you and kiss me
Nah, I'm joking I'm sorry

I know this isn't the memory I should recall now
But you said that you would not leave me alone
Actually, I was happy when you said that

You took courage
And called me for the first time
What is different between me that night and now
No matter how apart we have been
No matter how long we could not see each other
My feeling for you hasn't change
And that's why I am here, but
Remember me
Withering while still being green
Fading while still in love with you
Nah, it's a lie Take care

You look a bit relieved
Seeing me not crying
You are carefree as always, and I love that too

When I realized, you were already beside me
And wiped my tears without a permission
Saying, "You are wonderful as you are"
Making everything I saw and heard colorful

It's OK It's OK
Hold me tight now
And just say you don't need anything else if I am with you and don't let go
Nah, it's a lie Goodbye

Yuzu in this video is lip-syncing probably the saddest part of the lyrics, so at first, I was like, "Oh no Yuzu, what are you air-singing so hard! Nooooo" It was a kind of relief to see Yuzu then started running as the protagonist of the song tried to let go of her love and go. 

6 hours ago, hananistellata said:

I think that the word forehead in Japanese is one of the words that can take an お in front of them without really changing the meaning just like the word tea which is 茶 but can also be お茶. 

(Please correct me if I'm wrong).

I stand corrected. You are right. You can drop the “O” and just say “DEKO” for forehead. (I asked my wife who is Japanese. Me, I’m a third-generation Japanese-Canadian who just learned something new.)

7 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Thank you for sharing the video! Wow... I didn't know Happy End was such a sad song. However, the English lyrics you quoted are so different from the original. I am not sure if it is possible to convey the meaning of the lyrics with my English skills, but here is my translation:

Hide contents

I am fine, I am OK,
It's OK It's OK
Hold me tight now

You took courage
Remember me

You look a bit relieved
Seeing me not crying

It's OK It's OK
Hold me tight now
Nah, it's a lie Goodbye

Yuzu in this video is lip-syncing probably the saddest part of the lyrics, so at first, I was like, "Oh no Yuzu, what are you air-singing so hard! Nooooo" It was a kind of relief to see Yuzu then started running as the protagonist of the song tried to let go of her love and go. 

He did say he likes a good cry to vent his emotions so perhaps that's why he's listening to sad song and getting into the character hard to let out his stress. 

7 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Hide contents

I am fine, I am OK,
It's OK It's OK
Hold me tight now

You took courage
Remember me

You look a bit relieved
Seeing me not crying

It's OK It's OK
Hold me tight now
Nah, it's a lie Goodbye

Thank you so much for the translation! The song is even more beautiful than I thought! I have been listening it a lot on Spotify.

2 hours ago, barbara said:

We know the original of what he said was deleted but NC has issued an apology.  Appropriate and likely suggested to him - but,,,

We have quite a discussion about this hoolabaloo in the Team USA thread so feel free to come over. Anyway, this is somewhat off topic so I will say it just once here: I shared the same sentiments with some others. He issued this suddenly very eloquent, thoughtful apology, what, 6 days after the interview was out, including 4 days of it floating on youtube (likely to stay there if nobody said anything) and 2 days after (and only after) the backlash on social media. Textbook damage control, if you ask me. 

Oh well, he now officially belongs to the toxic masculinity club in my book. And I wish this club a  very floppy year ahead, whatever they do. 

Guest Mary_kyo

It needs only few years of life experience to know how Nathan is merely a PR product and his words in this apology are all written by his own agency. He is just reciting what is told to him. As emotionless and insincere as his skating… he probably thinks showing some emotions might hurt his fragile masculinity 

To me, he is just an icon of overscored-privileged-homophobic skating. We all saw his true self and opinions in that interview when he wasn't given a script. 

I always believe that skating reflects skaters' personalities somehow. Yuzu's skating is honest and sincere down to the tiniest details. When he skates, he gives everything. There's no hiding 'cos it's all out there on the ice. You fake something and most people can tell something is not quite genuine about. So what you put into skating has to come from the heart. You skate like you mean it. If your heart is not in, it will show in your performance. I don't get Nathan's skating because I don't really feel what he's expressing it (if he's trying to express, that is). I enjoy Donovan's skating even though his skill level is not quite there yet because he has something that I like - full of personality in his skating. 

NC's interview episode is hardly a surprise to me tbh but it is sad to know that the current world fs champion doesn't love fs the way it supposed to be - beautiful. Femininity and masculinity can co-exist in beautiful figure skating in both men and women. Yuzu is what the figure skating beauty is in human form:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:   

6 hours ago, Melodie said:

We have quite a discussion about this hoolabaloo in the Team USA thread so feel free to come over. Anyway, this is somewhat off topic so I will say it just once here: I shared the same sentiments with some others. He issued this suddenly very eloquent, thoughtful apology, what, 6 days after the interview was out, including 4 days of it floating on youtube (likely to stay there if nobody said anything) and 2 days after (and only after) the backlash on social media. Textbook damage control, if you ask me. 

Oh well, he now officially belongs to the toxic masculinity club in my book. And I wish this club a  very floppy year ahead, whatever they do. 

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I always believe that skating reflects skaters' personalities somehow. Yuzu's skating is honest and sincere down to the tiniest details. When he skates, he gives everything. There's no hiding 'cos it's all out there on the ice. You fake something and most people can tell something is not quite genuine about. So what you put into skating has to come from the heart. You skate like you mean it. If your heart is not in, it will show in your performance. I don't get Nathan's skating because I don't really feel what he's expressing it (if he's trying to express, that is). I enjoy Donovan's skating even though his skill level is not quite there yet because he has something that I like - full of personality in his skating. 

NC's interview episode is hardly a surprise to me tbh but it is sad to know that the current world fs champion doesn't love fs the way it supposed to be - beautiful. Femininity and masculinity can co-exist in beautiful figure skating in both men and women. Yuzu is what the figure skating beauty is in human form:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:   

I totally agree!

Yuzu touches the hearts and souls of people with his skating and his performances because he puts his own heart and soul into them. The same is also true for other skaters and performers and people who create some form of art in general. No matter if it's figure skating, writing, music or art, it's always the pieces that are made with the creators putting their whole authentic self inside that make an impact on people.

I have never liked Nathan's skating and found it to be boring and uninspired. I thought that he'd become more expressive and interesting with time, but that didn't happen. Instead, his skating and performances seemed to become even more formulaic and superficial with time. It always looked like he just did the bare minimum to achieve his wins and that's it. He just never seemed to be authentic. He never seemed to put his whole self into the game and skate from his heart. It's like he's always wearing a mask and afraid to show and express himself.

There's nothing wrong with introducing fresh, new styles, programs and music into a traditional sport. It's actually a good thing. It's always good to have skaters with different styles and more variety. But the people who enjoy ice hockey will keep on watching ice hockey no matter how much Nathan and his friends try to "toughen up" figure skating and make it more "manly". And the people who like and enjoy figure skating are fans because they are fans of the sport, despite the issues and problems it has. If they'd want to watch a sport that's more like ice hockey, they'd watch ice hockey.

Having heard those words from Nathan, I also think it's pretty sad that he doesn't seem to love figure skating as what it is in its most ideal form, namely the perfect symbiosis of art and athleticism, male and female, strength and beauty, power and elegance, technical skills and artistic expression. That's why I love figure skating so much and why I've been watching and enjoying it since I was a young kid. 

Yuzu is the one who checks all of these boxes and has merged all of the complex and rich facets of this sport to formerly unimaginable heights and levels of perfection, creating masterpieces that go beyond anything else before in their magnificence. That's why figure skating fans love and appreciate him so much.

On top of that, Yuzu is so authentic and expressive that he creates performances and programs that touch people deeply. He's also his authentic self off the ice during interviews and other appearances. Despite him only letting the public know few personal facts about himself, he comes across as sincere, real and very lovable. Therefore, he has become such a beloved icon and super star all over the world. People feel it when a person is authentic and sincere. They might not be able to explain it, but they can feel it.

I didn't think that I could possibly love and appreciate Yuzu more, but again and again I find more reasons to adore him, not just as a skater but as the absolutely wonderful person he is. He is truly a gift to this world. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:wave:  all the fanyus, here is a compilation of comments on the multiple HAUTE performanc e of Yuzu and which impress them, in addition (and there is something YES  :wink_star: ) and in all language and first it is at NICE in France and the voice of A Dumond / the tears of Nanami and it is clear that this breathtaking program always moved me at his young age and around 4:30 it is written "welcome to the planet Yuzu" and this forum is aptly named  :heartpound:  and the presence of  :puddingpooh:  and at one point in the list of reactions there is a "Rania" which talks about the ISU and judges and the 27 answers ......  

I put a "like" on Yuzurella compared to Yuzu and I do not allow myself to "judge" Nathan (well I read your writings) but I did not understand what he is saying in this controversy and that's why I don't put anything and I really want to clarify it 

4 時間前, Yuzurellaさんが言いました:

I totally agree!

Yuzu touches the hearts and souls of people with his skating and his performances because he puts his own heart and soul into them. The same is also true for other skaters and performers and people who create some form of art in general. No matter if it's figure skating, writing, music or art, it's always the pieces that are made with the creators putting their whole authentic self inside that make an impact on people.

I have never liked Nathan's skating and found it to be boring and uninspired. I thought that he'd become more expressive and interesting with time, but that didn't happen. Instead, his skating and performances seemed to become even more formulaic and superficial with time. It always looked like he just did the bare minimum to achieve his wins and that's it. He just never seemed to be authentic. He never seemed to put his whole self into the game and skate from his heart. It's like he's always wearing a mask and afraid to show and express himself.

There's nothing wrong with introducing fresh, new styles, programs and music into a traditional sport. It's actually a good thing. It's always good to have skaters with different styles and more variety. But the people who enjoy ice hockey will keep on watching ice hockey no matter how much Nathan and his friends try to "toughen up" figure skating and make it more "manly". And the people who like and enjoy figure skating are fans because they are fans of the sport, despite the issues and problems it has. If they'd want to watch a sport that's more like ice hockey, they'd watch ice hockey.

Having heard those words from Nathan, I also think it's pretty sad that he doesn't seem to love figure skating as what it is in its most ideal form, namely the perfect symbiosis of art and athleticism, male and female, strength and beauty, power and elegance, technical skills and artistic expression. That's why I love figure skating so much and why I've been watching and enjoying it since I was a young kid. 

Yuzu is the one who checks all of these boxes and has merged all of the complex and rich facets of this sport to formerly unimaginable heights and levels of perfection, creating masterpieces that go beyond anything else before in their magnificence. That's why figure skating fans love and appreciate him so much.

On top of that, Yuzu is so authentic and expressive that he creates performances and programs that touch people deeply. He's also his authentic self off the ice during interviews and other appearances. Despite him only letting the public know few personal facts about himself, he comes across as sincere, real and very lovable. Therefore, he has become such a beloved icon and super star all over the world. People feel it when a person is authentic and sincere. They might not be able to explain it, but they can feel it.

I didn't think that I could possibly love and appreciate Yuzu more, but again and again I find more reasons to adore him, not just as a skater but as the absolutely wonderful person he is. He is truly a gift to this world. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

:2thumbsup:

Yuzu's love for figure skating and performing is what makes him special for me. If you are not convinced by your own art, you won't be able to convince the others. If you are too preoccupied with stereotypes to express yourself, it'll be hard to create a masterpiece.