General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

The first message is up. His voice is so soft :) Hope there will be a translation soon.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I was quite vexed these few days over work but his voice is so soothing that I felt instantly healed... even if I have no idea what he was saying.

And the next voice message will be on 27 Sep. Why so late?? 

9 hours ago, gaia said:

so someone please add DEKODASHI to planet's dictionary

:)

I understand that the Japanese word for “forehead” is “ODEKO”, so shouldn’t “forehead out” be “ODEKODASHI”?

Edit: I stand corrected. “Forehead” is “ODEKO”, but the “O” may be dropped to become simply “DEKO”.

Who else can raise their popularity, become a hot topic on Chinese social media and win more fans by not showing up and not doing anything? Who else but Yuzu! :pouty:

By the way, from what I know, getting into the top 10 hot topics on Weibo is a huge thing. It usually only happens with really big news.

[NEWS]

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yuzu sounds like a guy on a shopping channel who sells beauty products...:68468287: 

And we're more than willing to buy from him when he uses his sweet voice on us like this. :girlsigh:

Watch him break every sales record. :grin:

10 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

LOL. Look at the comment by amberglenniceskater.

That woman has taste. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

25 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I understand that the Japanese word for “forehead” is “ODEKO”, so shouldn’t “forehead out” be “ODEKODASHI”?

oh I was taking twitetr post as reference but you probably are right ;)

regarding n.c. interview I have permission to share here what "rum raisin" wrote on discord. I think this is very wise 
"I hate to beat a dead horse, but I'm bringing up Nathan again. I just caught up on this whole thread, and I didn't see anyone else say what I'm thinking. Nathan's behavior seems a little performative. I mean like when straight dudes are talking to other straight dudes, they say things and and act in ways to emphasize their straightness. Kind of like saying, "No homo," before complimenting each other. So while I do agree that he should have been a better ally and taken more pride in the diversity of identities in FS, I think it explains why he acted in a way unlike what we have seen from him before. And I really think it says a lot about his personal insecurities"

hace 10 minutos , gaia said:

oh I was taking twitetr post as reference but you probably are right ;)

regarding n.c. interview I have permission to share here what "rum raisin" wrote on discord. I think this is very wise 
"I hate to beat a dead horse, but I'm bringing up Nathan again. I just caught up on this whole thread, and I didn't see anyone else say what I'm thinking. Nathan's behavior seems a little performative. I mean like when straight dudes are talking to other straight dudes, they say things and and act in ways to emphasize their straightness. Kind of like saying, "No homo," before complimenting each other. So while I do agree that he should have been a better ally and taken more pride in the diversity of identities in FS, I think it explains why he acted in a way unlike what we have seen from him before. And I really think it says a lot about his personal insecurities"

I totally agree with that take, but the thig is: beause of his insecurities he put forth a discurse that is still problematic. Of course his way to say I'm a staight male when no one talked about sexual orientation is his insecurities speaking up, but the undertone still the main problem. Like, if you act different ways depending on your environment, regarding this subjects, is still a problem, is like with toxic masculinity: the roots of that are insecurities, and guys usually let that loose in an all guay type of environment. 

Sorry I think I'm not making myself very clear 😅 but what I wanted to transmit is that is worse that you actually act that way in those type of environments (all guy, "masculine" bla bla bla) which are in the ones that actually would be usefull to speak up trying to break the association between something artistic and femininity and that with lesser

end of rant, sorry for all the mistakes 😅

5 minutes ago, rms0 said:

I totally agree with that take, but the thig is: beause of his insecurities he put forth a discurse that is still problematic. Of course his way to say I'm a staight male when no one talked about sexual orientation is his insecurities speaking up, but the undertone still the main problem. Like, if you act different ways depending on your environment, regarding this subjects, is still a problem, is like with toxic masculinity: the roots of that are insecurities, and guys usually let that loose in an all guay type of environment. 

Sorry I think I'm not making myself very clear 😅 but what I wanted to transmit is that is worse that you actually act that way in those type of environments (all guy, "masculine" bla bla bla) which are in the ones that actually would be usefull to speak up trying to break the association between something artistic and femininity and that with lesser

end of rant, sorry for all the mistakes 😅

I basically agree with you. it's not only the content of his statements but the undertone that got me angry I coul manage to downlod the video before it was taken off and  while I was listening (to check the context of what I had just read) my blood started to boil. Being a yale student I would have expected at least a nice escape from an embarassing question and, well, not to be as senstive as yuzu (becouse noone is like yuzu) but more thoughtfull.
what mama rum said made me reconsider (a bit) the context:  the one who is questioning about fs being feminine etc was dragging him into a bad topic. he answered according to the style of the conversation. he shouldn't have (wether he thinks that or not) and I've found his attitude offensive (for the fs community,for lgbt community and as a feminist aswell).
so MAYBE he's just an american boy who wanted to play hockey and happened to be (very) good at fs and struggles trying to be considered a proper athlet in a very toxic masculine environment. A boy who has just chosen the wrongets way to achieve that

I saw Yuzu lip syncing to Back Number's Happy Ending and got curious about the song because it sounded really good to me.

https://twitter.com/maiasauralil/status/1419253110791278599

It turned out to be such a sad romantic song when I Googled the meaning of the lyrics! The part Yuzu mouthed was:

"I was down and looked pale
The one that I love suddenly disappeared
Please remember me forever
But, it's all just a lie, I hope you were fine always."

This is now my favorite song... Although thinking about a heartbroken Yuzu makes me sad.

7 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Naomi understands and speaks Japanese, just not fluently for public interviews. She speaks Japanese in an adorable child like manner and her expressions and gestures are very Japanese - shy and floppy at times. In Japan they have shown her chatting with her grandfather who has now fully accepted her and embraces her with love and kindness.  So proud to have her represent Japan - she is helping our society evolve and progress and become more open to different ways of being Japanese. I am glad she was the one to light the torch. Also I am relieved Yuzu avoided being associated with this Olympic event, as the organizers had utterly neglected the Tohoku recovery theme, and he should not be manipulated and used by them to cover up for their sins. Naomi brings a fresh perspective and she has her own unique message that won’t be tainted by this pandemic Olympic. 

Maybe I am not following about Naomi that much and missed this information. But agree with you that Yuzu was not evolved in this, good for him.

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

Omg yay!! We finally got queen Swanyu to two million!! Absolutely deserved, I love Swanyu so much. :'D

Oh yes!! Finally!! I refused to believe that there is not a single Swanyu performance on YT hitting 2M views. It was THE program that brought me to this sport, that turned me into a fanyu at first sight, that helped me to overcome so much grief and a program that made me fall in love with the roots and ancient history of figure skating. The best thing that ever happened to me. Ever.

Yes, it really is time to celebrate this special moment that was long overdue! :cheer:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

LMEY has 1,98 million views already! It's the third most popular video on the Sportschau channel. :party2:

Let's get it to 2 million views!!! :cheer:

PS: Congrats, Olympic Swanyu! :201111231756430f6:

This is so awesome that in the presence of the UEFA EURO and Olympics 2020 Yuzu's video managed to stay in the top 5 of the channel. Fantastic achievement and big thanks to all who contributed to this feat :thanks:

PS: Here in Germany the video is in 5th place at the moment (closely behind the summary of the GER-POR match with 2.08 mio. views), but a big thing nonetheless.

2 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Omg yeah !! We finally got Queen Swanyu at two million !! Absolutely deserved, I love Swanyu so much. :'D

Hide content

ENFINYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TWO MILLIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNN. HECK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. CHAMPAGNES POPPING RN. EVERYBODY CANCEL ALL YOUR APPOINTMENTS TODAY WE CELEBRATE SWANYU.

It's called a SUPER crush  :2thumbsup: :drinks: (it's not champagne and pretend it is)  :loveshower:  and I even think Yuzu heard it  :hairflip:our beautiful white swan and AMPLEMENT deserved