General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

The first message is up. His voice is so soft :) Hope there will be a translation soon.

Our beauty blogger is back.:happy0065:
It's nice to hear his soothing voice. :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Anjo Cagmat Alimario (Senior Correspondent from CNN Philippines) has retweeted this post by Olympics

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
On 7/26/2021 at 6:05 PM, sallycinnamon said:

The first message is up. His voice is so soft :) Hope there will be a translation soon.

Summary of what he said. Edit: Next one coming Sept 27th, not July 27th, my bad I was too excited....

My TL is smitten with his radio soft voice UwU

14 hours ago, Veveco said:

Important information :acceptable:

so someone please add DEKODASHI to planet's dictionary

:)

4 hours ago, IceWings said:

ran across this on YouTube when I was taking a peek at Kpop videos. Some years ago, Jimin wore a T-shirt with a picture of a mushroom cloud and text saying something about the liberation of Korea. Of course that was highly criticized by the Japanese as commemorating the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, and a Japanese TV show canceled a BTS appearance over that. I'm sure Yuzu's Japanese antis are latching onto that to criticize him for liking BTS

Oh, right. If I recall there was some apology issued over that. I mean, there's no glossing over the fact that the past history between Korea and Japan is extremely fraught, to say the least. On the other hand, BTS has a massive Japanese fandom and easily sells out all the biggest stadiums every time they tour there, so it's not like they're complete anathema to the Japanese.  People need to leave Yuzu to make up his own mind about those things and stop trying to drag him in the direction of whatever axe they themselves have to grind. 

Re Naomi Osaka: my understanding is that she's quite proud of her Japanese heritage even if she can't speak Japanese well. And she chose to represent Japan as an athlete, when she could have chosen the US instead. I think that demonstrates quite a bit of commitment to Japan on her part, especially knowing the way she might be regarded in Japanese society due to her appearance.  I think she very well exemplifies the Olympic spirit. 

But given how controversial these Games have been, I'm very satisfied  that Yuzu is well out of it. 

Hace 4 horas, Henni147 said:

Yes, I shared this quote from the Stockholm press conference too, as it is a paramount example of how to give a proper answer to all these annoying gender-related questions in figure skating. This is one of many reasons, why I do not only enjoy watching Yuzu's skating, but also have highest respect for him as a person and ambassador of the sport.

It baffles me that Nathan sat right beside him, when Yuzu gave this answer to the journalists, even nodded to him... and now this big mess of an interview. From a three-time world champion I expect the absolute bare minimum, to represent this sport in a way that it doesn't bomb the efforts and hard work of other skaters, fighting for equality, respect and a safe environment.

A figure skating performance should be a free medium to convey your own feelings, convictions and personality, independent from nationality, age, gender, apprearance or sexual orientation. It must not be dictated by a group of bigoted people what should be done on the ice and skaters must not bend the knee to these people and base their decisions on the naive hope to please them. They will not start watching figure skating just because you choose some hip hop music or shift the focus to more acrobatic moves. This is not only immature but also very dangerous behavior and plays right into their cards.

Sorry to bring up this topic here, but I feel the need to talk about it, as this issue is bigger than just some bad slip. This is about general attitude towards both, the sport and society, and I am very happy that the skater I follow shares my values and feelings in this regard.

That was certainly a great response from Yuzu!

I think I missed Chen's response, what did he said? or which interview was it so I can look it up, now I'm really curious 🤔

20 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

This is why Yuzu's skating transcends everything we've ever seen before in this sport. This is why he seems to transcend the mortal world. For me, watching him skate is like having a glimpse of heaven. For a few minutes, it's like all mortal and worldly boundaries are gone. Yuzu's skating heals my heart, comforts my soul and nourishes my spirit. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Beautifully said, I completely agree with everything you wrote. There's many skaters that are beautiful and emotional to watch, but Yuzu to me is the rare one in a million that completely transports me to another world... His best programs feel just like a warm selfless gift from heaven, like being granted a glance at something higher than myself and make me forget all about my mortal worries. I'll never know how he does it, but I'm so grateful for it:img_21:

50 minutes ago, rms0 said:

That was certainly a great response from Yuzu!

I think I missed Chen's response, what did he said? or which interview was it so I can look it up, now I'm really curious 🤔

I posted about it here.

Spoiler

And this is the Twitter link to part of the interview. The whole interview was removed.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, twitwi said:

but as far as I know, she can't even speak Japanese, her only connection to Japan is her nationality, it seems nothing wrong to western media as they usually love her and considered her as one of them, e.g. she spoken for BLM, but she never said anything as an Asian, that is the identity recognition of herself.

Naomi understands and speaks Japanese, just not fluently for public interviews. She speaks Japanese in an adorable child like manner and her expressions and gestures are very Japanese - shy and floppy at times. In Japan they have shown her chatting with her grandfather who has now fully accepted her and embraces her with love and kindness.  So proud to have her represent Japan - she is helping our society evolve and progress and become more open to different ways of being Japanese. I am glad she was the one to light the torch. Also I am relieved Yuzu avoided being associated with this Olympic event, as the organizers had utterly neglected the Tohoku recovery theme, and he should not be manipulated and used by them to cover up for their sins. Naomi brings a fresh perspective and she has her own unique message that won’t be tainted by this pandemic Olympic. 

hace 14 minutos , Yuzurella said:

I posted about it here.

Hide contents

And this is the Twitter link to part of the interview. The whole interview was removed.

Hide contents

oh wow thank you very much, now I understand what you meant in the other comment, totally agree