General Yuzuru Chat

51 minutes ago, Pink Elephants said:

I never knew he said that, but it makes perfect sense to me, that's one of the things I love the most about his skating... I don't know how to explain, but his skating to me isn't just "feminine" or just "macho" like most skaters, but sort of both at the same time, strong and gentle, bold and confident, sweet and humble etc. it's the perfect balance of what I think figure skating could be (balancing between Heaven and Earth basically). I think that's partly why his skating touches my heart more than anyone else's, especially his more abstract/nature programs like HYK or Swanyu, they feel so boundless and kind of universal, like he's transcended the mortal plane for a few minutes :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Very well said!

I believe Yuzu's skating and performances are so deeply touching and outstanding not only because of his athletic and artistic excellence, his incomparably high skill level, his musicality and his grace and elegance. On top of all that, with Yuzu, it's like he bares his very heart and soul when he's on the ice.

It takes a lot of courage to show and express yourself like he does. Yuzu has no fear of how people might perceive or judge him. He does not try to please other people and make them like him by catering to what he thinks their taste might be.

He has the courage to be vulnerable and open himself completely to the music and beauty flowing through him. He has the courage to just be himself, express himself fully and do his thing and do it his way. He feels totally secure in himself, his skating, his performances and everything that's related. He also loves his chosen sport with all his heart and soul and has the desire to share with the world how wonderful it can be.

This is why Yuzu's skating transcends everything we've ever seen before in this sport. This is why he seems to transcend the mortal world. For me, watching him skate is like having a glimpse of heaven. For a few minutes, it's like all mortal and worldly boundaries are gone. Yuzu's skating heals my heart, comforts my soul and nourishes my spirit. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

This isn't new, but it came up on my timeline and I have to share it because Yuzu's wisdom, empathy, sensibility and sheer goodness should be emphasized again and again.

I've already said it often and I say it again: I'm so grateful that I discovered Yuzu, the absolutely most amazing skater ever, as well as Yuzu, the most wonderful human being imaginable. :loveshower:

I feel this is what Nathan should have said after reading something from him recently. Keep knocking it out of the park, Yuzuru! :clap: 

12 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I would say that because Yuzu always has asthma attacks, he would need someone to support him. His mother is aware of his health issues as well as almost every aspect of his daily life and tendencies towards self-neglect (not eating properly, etc.), so it would be very difficult to find someone else to help him. role.

Thank you for your answer, full of common sense and there is only one mother who knows best what has a child who has become an adult and his problems, unfortunately yes with his asthma you have to know the emergency actions in the event of a crisis serious and an inhaler close at hand and careful that I have 1 at the rink (which is logical for him, since he has had this disease since childhood) and certainly, as you write she knows everything what it takes for his son and him to be focused only on skating and I read that he does not have a manager, which I did not know, thinking he has 1 ..... 

53 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Très bien dit!

Je crois que le patinage et les performances de Yuzu sont si profondément touchants et exceptionnels, non seulement en raison de son excellence athlétique et artistique, de son niveau de compétence incomparablement élevé, de sa musicalité, de sa grâce et de son élégance. En plus de tout ça, avec Yuzu, c'est comme s'il mettait à nu son cœur et son âme quand il est sur la glace.

Il faut beaucoup de courage pour montrer et s'exprimer comme il le fait. Yuzu n'a pas peur de la façon dont les gens pourraient le percevoir ou le juger. Il n'essaie pas de plaire aux autres et de les faire aimer en répondant à ce qu'il pense que leurs goûts pourraient être.

He has the courage to be vulnerable and to open up completely to the music and the beauty that passes through him. He has the courage to be himself, to express himself fully, to do his thing and to do it his way. He feels completely safe in himself, his skating, his performances and everything that goes with it. He also loves his favorite sport with all his heart and soul and has a desire to share with the world how wonderful he can be.

This is why Yuzu's skating transcends anything we have seen before in this sport. This is why he seems to transcend the mortal world. For me, watching him skate is like getting a glimpse of heaven. For a few minutes, it is as if all mortal and worldly boundaries have disappeared. Yuzu's skating heals my heart, comforts my soul, and nourishes my spirit.:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

To all 2  :headdesk:    on what you wrote on Yuzu and I could not have done better = it is PERFECT  :girlsigh: and the same for me, when I look at it I am elsewhere and it is really a healer and EVERYTHING (still good for my part) and in skating, which I have watched for a very long time, there is the pair E Gordeîva and S Grinkov that I still find fabulous (she has been alone since her death in 1995) it is magic and a wonder of look between them and this perfect harmony (like Yuzu in fact) and this is the year of his birth 

11 hours ago, Pink Elephants said:

I never knew he said that, but it makes perfect sense to me, that's one of the things I love the most about his skating... I don't know how to explain, but his skating to me isn't just "feminine" or just "macho" like most skaters, but sort of both at the same time, strong and gentle, bold and confident, sweet and humble etc. it's the perfect balance of what I think figure skating could be (balancing between Heaven and Earth basically). I think that's partly why his skating touches my heart more than anyone else's, especially his more abstract/nature programs like HYK or Swanyu, they feel so boundless and kind of universal, like he's transcended the mortal plane for a few minutes :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Agreed. I see Yuzu being himself in those programs. 

On 7/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, Mary_kyo said:

I just saw that his Japanese haters are also very busy today and are shading him for mentioning BTS as well.

Reveal hidden contents

Ugh...whhyyyyyyyyyy....I know BTS has their haters as well because K-Pop fandom is just like that, but still. Yuzu can like and enjoy whatever performer he wants, and BTS are literally the Hanyu of the pop music world right now. 

18 hours ago, IceWings said:

I think once the Canadian border reopens and the athletes are vaccinated, they will be expected to return to TCC for training. Continuing remote training might be possible, but I don't think Ghislain will travel to Japan. He has to coach the other TCC skaters too, like Jason, Conrad, Joseph, Jun (if he returns), etc. so I don't think he can just leave.

I suspect that if Yuzu requests it, Ghislain, Brian, Tracey, and probably anyone else at TCC would gladly come to Japan. However, what are the Japanese travel restrictions at the moment? Maybe international travellers can't freely enter Japan either. Just because athletes have been doing for sports events, doesn't mean everyone can come and go. I think the situation is going to stay as it stands for quite some time, guys. 

On 7/23/2021 at 7:35 PM, barbara said:

I've always thought that it is a veteran, older Olympian who would be the one who'd light the torch.  It is remotely possible that no older Japanese Olympians were willing to risk getting sick.  But I expect they were going for the dazzle of Naomi for ratings.  She is certainly one of the top tier of Japanese athletes, but doesn't fit the usual criteria.

Actually, they can pick literally anyone, it's up to the organizers: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_torchbearers_who_have_lit_the_Olympic_cauldron

I mean, it's usually an athlete but not a given that it has to be. 

12 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Very well said!

I believe Yuzu's skating and performances are so deeply touching and outstanding not only because of his athletic and artistic excellence, his incomparably high skill level, his musicality and his grace and elegance. On top of all that, with Yuzu, it's like he bares his very heart and soul when he's on the ice.

It takes a lot of courage to show and express yourself like he does. Yuzu has no fear of how people might perceive or judge him. He does not try to please other people and make them like him by catering to what he thinks their taste might be.

He has the courage to be vulnerable and open himself completely to the music and beauty flowing through him. He has the courage to just be himself, express himself fully and do his thing and do it his way. He feels totally secure in himself, his skating, his performances and everything that's related. He also loves his chosen sport with all his heart and soul and has the desire to share with the world how wonderful it can be.

This is why Yuzu's skating transcends everything we've ever seen before in this sport. This is why he seems to transcend the mortal world. For me, watching him skate is like having a glimpse of heaven. For a few minutes, it's like all mortal and worldly boundaries are gone. Yuzu's skating heals my heart, comforts my soul and nourishes my spirit. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Yuzu is so willing to put his all into his competitions and performance and is very unafraid to show off his vulnerable side. He always says that he isn't mentally strong, but that I one thing I disagree with him. It takes a lot more courage to do things despite the fear than to hide the fear and pretend that they don't have any. His love for figure skating is so strong that FS = Yuzu and Yuzu = FS and while he is not always direct about questions around his life, he is always clearly, utterly, fully forever and always in love with figure skating <3

35 minutes ago, barbara said:

She's also, actually, while born in Japan, has spent most of her life in the US. I still think she was a fine choice, but not typical.

but as far as I know, she can't even speak Japanese, her only connection to Japan is her nationality, it seems nothing wrong to western media as they usually love her and considered her as one of them, e.g. she spoken for BLM, but she never said anything as an Asian, that is the identity recognition of herself.

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ugh...whhyyyyyyyyyy....I know BTS has their haters as well because K-Pop fandom is just like that, but still. Yuzu can like and enjoy whatever performer he wants, and BTS are literally the Hanyu of the pop music world right now. 

I ran across this on YouTube when I was taking a peek at Kpop videos. Some years ago, Jimin wore a T-shirt with a picture of a mushroom cloud and text saying something about the liberation of Korea. Of course that was highly criticized by the Japanese as commemorating the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, and a Japanese TV show canceled a BTS appearance over that. I'm sure Yuzu's Japanese antis are latching onto that to criticize him for liking BTS.

1 hour ago, twitwi said:

but as far as I know, she can't even speak Japanese, her only connection to Japan is her nationality, it seems nothing wrong to western media as they usually love her and considered her as one of them, e.g. she spoken for BLM, but she never said anything as an Asian, that is the identity recognition of herself.

I've seen some people criticize Naomi for not speaking out/helping Haiti (her father is Haitian) so she's probably pulled in multiple directions by different people. That's something that she would have in common with Yuzu... people expect her to represent them and that can't be easy for her.

17 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

This isn't new, but it came up on my timeline and I have to share it because Yuzu's wisdom, empathy, sensibility and sheer goodness should be emphasized again and again.

I've already said it often and I say it again: I'm so grateful that I discovered Yuzu, the absolutely most amazing skater ever, as well as Yuzu, the most wonderful human being imaginable. :loveshower:

Yes, I shared this quote from the Stockholm press conference too, as it is a paramount example of how to give a proper answer to all these annoying gender-related questions in figure skating. This is one of many reasons, why I do not only enjoy watching Yuzu's skating, but also have highest respect for him as a person and ambassador of the sport.

It baffles me that Nathan sat right beside him, when Yuzu gave this answer to the journalists, even nodded to him... and now this big mess of an interview. From a three-time world champion I expect the absolute bare minimum, to represent this sport in a way that it doesn't bomb the efforts and hard work of other skaters, fighting for equality, respect and a safe environment.

A figure skating performance should be a free medium to convey your own feelings, convictions and personality, independent from nationality, age, gender, apprearance or sexual orientation. It must not be dictated by a group of bigoted people what should be done on the ice and skaters must not bend the knee to these people and base their decisions on the naive hope to please them. They will not start watching figure skating just because you choose some hip hop music or shift the focus to more acrobatic moves. This is not only immature but also very dangerous behavior and plays right into their cards.

Sorry to bring up this topic here, but I feel the need to talk about it, as this issue is bigger than just some bad slip. This is about general attitude towards both, the sport and society, and I am very happy that the skater I follow shares my values and feelings in this regard.