General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Ah you saw it damn!! Well I saw an objection to the photoshop on twitter and I didn't want to offend anyone. I didn't realise that some of Yuzuru's fans find BTS fans so annoying!!  It did look weird, but it made me laugh a little, however others feel it is disrespectful to Yuzuru which I had no intention at all of being! We just find different things funny I guess!

It completely baffles me that Yuzu fans would find BTS annoying.  (I get that the photoshop might not be liked, but that's a different thing.)  Yuzu and BTS have so much in common.  Hard working, talented, driven, humble and generous.  The long Yuzu drought gave me BTS and they helped me through.

It's not like anyone is preferring a different skater.  Different disciplines, though they both have exquisite moves.  I put this kind of thing in the same category as "haters" because I just don't understand that either.

Guest Mary_kyo

I just saw that his Japanese haters are also very busy today and are shading him for mentioning BTS as well.

Spoiler

Tweets with more than 1k likes are expressing their disappointment in him. Sigh… I think I should stay away from twitter.

Apparently, there is another special edition of DOI and is going to be broadcasted in August (29th). (apologies if it is shared already)

That 3A right into sit twizzle was very satisfying to watch btw. It was one of the main highlights of today's documentary for me. Very beautiful and controlled.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
On 7/21/2021 at 2:56 AM, Anni said:

I think not all satellites could buy the photobook "The Real". Here are two short videos from a Fanyu with many beautiful Yuzu pictures.: 11135030:

Credit: WeatherwaxVimes on twitter

By the way
I read, that Shoma got his first vaccination on 19th July in Japan.  
I hope Yuzu too. I would feel relieved. :smiley-angelic001:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Thank you so much for sharing the flip-throughs!! These books are beautiful!!

I really hope yuzu has also gotten his vaccine!!

With Canada opening up its borders on September 7 to fully-vaccinated international travelers the impediments to Yuzu's return to Toronto are removed.  He has, however, said he has no inclination to return to Toronto to train, saying simply that he has been training all right in Sendai.  I have a suspicion, however, that his reluctance to head back to Toronto might be a reluctance to uproot his mother once again.  That's just a gut feeling so don't pounce on me if you disagree.  The thing is, however, I can see Ghislaine heading over to Sendai to spend a week or two to work with Yuzu on his pursuit of the 4A.  That's also a gut feeling.  In any case I hope that Yuzu decides to begin his season not with the ACI, as he has in previous seasons, but instead to begin his season with the NHK in November.  That gives him much more time to train, to perfect his programs, particularly if they are new, and to focus on the competitions that truly matter, meaning the GP series, Japanese nationals, and then Beijing.

I'd also like to restate my feeling that in Beijing, while the Americans will be doing everything they can to make the competition there between Yuzu and Nathan the big story, everybody else will be looking at Yuzu's pursuit of a third straight gold medal as the big story.  In fact, it will be the major story of the entire Olympics since the last time a man took a third straight gold in figure skating was in 1928, nearly a century ago.  There will also be speculation about the 4A, if Yuzu hasn't already introduced Nessie to the world at large by then.  I'd also like to state that the judging of Yuzu in Beijing will be under  microscope and the judges will almost certainly be well aware of it.  They do not want to be seen as biased against Yuzu and thus denying him that record third straight gold and believe me, if they do underscore him the commentators of the skating broadcasts will not be hesitant to point that out to their viewers.  Except for the Americans the commentariat will largely be in Yuzu's corner for the competition.  After all, the public always tune is when there are records at stake and by and large the public will be in Yuzu's corner also.   Beijing will be very frustrating for Nathan because again except for the Americans he's going to be viewed by the press as a young upstart seeking to prevent the king from getting his rightful crown.

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

With Canada opening up its borders on September 7 to fully-vaccinated international travelers the impediments to Yuzu's return to Toronto are removed.  He has, however, said he has no inclination to return to Toronto to train, saying simply that he has been training all right in Sendai.  I have a suspicion, however, that his reluctance to head back to Toronto might be a reluctance to uproot his mother once again.  That's just a gut feeling so don't pounce on me if you disagree.  The thing is, however, I can see Ghislaine heading over to Sendai to spend a week or two to work with Yuzu on his pursuit of the 4A.  That's also a gut feeling.  In any case I hope that Yuzu decides to begin his season not with the ACI, as he has in previous seasons, but instead to begin his season with the NHK in November.  That gives him much more time to train, to perfect his programs, particularly if they are new, and to focus on the competitions that truly matter, meaning the GP series, Japanese nationals, and then Beijing.

I'd also like to restate my feeling that in Beijing, while the Americans will be doing everything they can to make the competition there between Yuzu and Nathan the big story, everybody else will be looking at Yuzu's pursuit of a third straight gold medal as the big story.  In fact, it will be the major story of the entire Olympics since the last time a man took a third straight gold in figure skating was in 1928, nearly a century ago.  There will also be speculation about the 4A, if Yuzu hasn't already introduced Nessie to the world at large by then.  I'd also like to state that the judging of Yuzu in Beijing will be under  microscope and the judges will almost certainly be well aware of it.  They do not want to be seen as biased against Yuzu and thus denying him that record third straight gold and believe me, if they do underscore him the commentators of the skating broadcasts will not be hesitant to point that out to their viewers.  Except for the Americans the commentariat will largely be in Yuzu's corner for the competition.  After all, the public always tune is when there are records at stake and by and large the public will be in Yuzu's corner also.   Beijing will be very frustrating for Nathan because again except for the Americans he's going to be viewed by the press as a young upstart seeking to prevent the king from getting his rightful crown.

While Canada will be open to international travelers, and we all feel that Yuzu will be vaccinated because he is one of the senior skaters (Rika and Shoma have definitely been vaccinated), will his mother be?  Doubtful.  And doubtful that Yuzu would return without his mother.   I hadn't thought about him maybe not wanting to uproot her, but that could be a contributing factor to any decision he makes.

I also truly believe that he needs Ghislain to achieve the 4A, so, if Yuzu is unable, or unwilling, to return to Canada, we can hope he will get the help he needs to achieve his dream.

Will the IOC have any influence on the judging at Beijing?  Or will ISU dominate?  While I am rooting for all the athletes currently in Tokyo, and hoping they stay healthy, I am almost hoping that the viewership bombs.  I'll watch replays of my favorites, but am trying to avoid as much of the NBC coverage as possible, since they are, truly, the dominating force behind the NC push.

2 hours ago, barbara said:

While Canada will be open to international travelers, and we all think Yuzu will be vaccinated because he is one of the senior skaters (Rika and Shoma have definitely been vaccinated), will his mother be? Doubtful. And doubtful that Yuzu will return without his mother. I hadn't thought that maybe he didn't want to uproot her, but that could be a contributing factor to any decision he made.

I also really believe that he needs Ghislain to reach 4A, so if Yuzu is not able, or does not want, to return to Canada, we can hope that he will get the help he has. need to make his dream come true.

Will the IOC have any influence on the judgment in Beijing? Or will ISU dominate? While I support all the athletes currently in Tokyo and hope they stay healthy, I almost hope viewers bombard. I will be watching reruns of my favorites, but I try to avoid NBC coverage as much as possible, as they really are the dominant force behind the NC push.

Yes Yuzu needs Ghislain and I think they will find a way to meet his 4A, since you write that Canada opens its borders and ditto I would watch gymnastics that I like a lot on French channels. 

Also, since everyone here has social media, I ask myself a question, does Yuzu still need his mom for support, if he comes back to Toronto and TCC? I know that for Yuzu his mother is everything for him : a mother is irreplaceable 

4 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Yes Yuzu needs Ghislain and I think they will find a way to meet his 4A, since you write that Canada opens its borders and ditto I would watch gymnastics that I like a lot on French channels. 

Also, since everyone here has social media, I ask myself a question, does Yuzu still need his mom for support, if he comes back to Toronto and TCC? I know that for Yuzu his mother is everything for him : a mother is irreplaceable 

I'd say because Yuzu still has asthma attacks, he'd need someone for support. His mum knows his medical conditions as well as almost every aspect of his daily life and his tendencies of self neglect (not eating properly, etc) so finding someone else for the role would be really difficult.

Yuzu doesn't really have a manager so his mom acts in that capacity. So it's more like he needs a manager for daily support while he focuses on his athletic tasks, and his mom is the best for that role. 

With the uncertain Covid situation everywhere and the risk of the new lambda variant and his comp schedule, I don't see Yuzu moving his training base anytime soon. It's probably more likely for Ghislaine to visit him short-term. 

9 hours ago, barbara said:

...Will the IOC have any influence on the judging at Beijing?  Or will ISU dominate?  While I am rooting for all the athletes currently in Tokyo, and hoping they stay healthy, I am almost hoping that the viewership bombs.  I'll watch replays of my favorites, but am trying to avoid as much of the NBC coverage as possible, since they are, truly, the dominating force behind the NC push.

I think judging at Beijing will be same as always, so ISU and the major Feds will have the most influence.

I'm avoiding NBC too, so here's what I'm doing:

Spoiler

If you have VPN, set it to Canada and watch the CBC live streams and replays:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/streaming-schedule

https://www.cbc.ca/player/sports/olympics/replays

CBC is a major broadcaster, so the money is still flowing to the IOC, but they are somewhat better than NBC, which is essentially a partner with the IOC. Plus you don't need to listen to certain NBC commentators.

24 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Yuzu doesn't really have a manager so his mom acts in that capacity. So it's more like he needs a manager for daily support while he focuses on his athletic tasks, and his mom is the best for that role. 

With the uncertain Covid situation everywhere and the risk of the new lambda variant and his comp schedule, I don't see Yuzu moving his training base anytime soon. It's probably more likely for Ghislaine to visit him short-term. 

I think once the Canadian border reopens and the athletes are vaccinated, they will be expected to return to TCC for training. Continuing remote training might be possible, but I don't think Ghislain will travel to Japan. He has to coach the other TCC skaters too, like Jason, Conrad, Joseph, Jun (if he returns), etc. so I don't think he can just leave.

3 hours ago, IceWings said:

I think judging at Beijing will be same as always, so ISU and the major Feds will have the most influence.

I'm avoiding NBC too, so here's what I'm doing:

Reveal hidden contents

If you have VPN, set it to Canada and watch the CBC live streams and replays:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/streaming-schedule

https://www.cbc.ca/player/sports/olympics/replays

CBC is a major broadcaster, so the money is still flowing to the IOC, but they are somewhat better than NBC, which is essentially a partner with the IOC. Plus you don't need to listen to certain NBC commentators.

I think once the Canadian border reopens and the athletes are vaccinated, they will be expected to return to TCC for training. Continuing remote training might be possible, but I don't think Ghislain will travel to Japan. He has to coach the other TCC skaters too, like Jason, Conrad, Joseph, Jun (if he returns), etc. so I don't think he can just leave.

Yeah that's why I was thinking it'd be a short training if Ghislaine does go to Japan. Maybe a couple of weeks or so. 

Anyhow I hope they can work out some sort of arrangement that'd assist Yuzu with 4A. 

This isn't new, but it came up on my timeline and I have to share it because Yuzu's wisdom, empathy, sensibility and sheer goodness should be emphasized again and again.

I've already said it often and I say it again: I'm so grateful that I discovered Yuzu, the absolutely most amazing skater ever, as well as Yuzu, the most wonderful human being imaginable. :loveshower:

31 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

This isn't new, but it came up on my timeline and I have to share it because Yuzu's wisdom, empathy, sensibility and sheer goodness should be emphasized again and again.

I've already said it often and I say it again: I'm so grateful that I discovered Yuzu, the absolutely most amazing skater ever, as well as Yuzu, the most wonderful human being imaginable. :loveshower:

I never knew he said that, but it makes perfect sense to me, that's one of the things I love the most about his skating... I don't know how to explain, but his skating to me isn't just "feminine" or just "macho" like most skaters, but sort of both at the same time, strong and gentle, bold and confident, sweet and humble etc. it's the perfect balance of what I think figure skating could be (balancing between Heaven and Earth basically). I think that's partly why his skating touches my heart more than anyone else's, especially his more abstract/nature programs like HYK or Swanyu, they feel so boundless and kind of universal, like he's transcended the mortal plane for a few minutes :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: