General Yuzuru Chat

Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed not to see Yuzu today…and I agree with the opinion that while Naomi is a great athlete and I like her and what she represents (against racism etc.), it feels a bit odd to give the honor to someone who hasn’t even participated in the Olympic Games in the past.  

I hope that if Yuzu goes to Beijing 2022, he will be Japan’s flag bearer!  He deserves such an honor!

I absolutely don't want the opening ceremonies and disappointment about no Yuzu appearance to spill into negative statements about Naomi. As far as I know,  no one I've seen has said anything negative about her, only questioned the decision to make her the final torch runner.

Sadly, everything bad about the IOC has made everyone a cynic. It is untraditional to have a first time Olympian to light the cauldron, usually the host nation has an Olympic veteran which is where the questions come in. Naomi is certainly a worthy one to light the cauldron when we're talking about themes of the future and of hopes of peaceful diversity. But I'm not sure if that was conveyed clearly...Because of that I think that's where a lot of the skepticism derives. 

For all we know, Yuzuru may never have been asked to be part of the ceremonies and he probably skipped the torch running portion due to the pandemic and his health.  

8 hours ago, KendallKlaire said:

I also don't see any Fanyus on my Twitter feed attacking Naomi.  More of the confusion and frustration of the opening ceremonies is definitely directed toward the organizers and the IOC.

I saw some, unfortunately...

8 hours ago, KendallKlaire said:

I absolutely don't want the opening ceremonies and disappointment about no Yuzu appearance to spill into negative statements about Naomi. As far as I know,  no one I've seen has said anything negative about her, only questioned the decision to make her the final torch runner....

Well, they shouldn't be attacking Naomi. She's a fanyu too, so she's representing us. :67638860:

OMG Yuzuru knows the words!!!  :LOL:

(sorry, rubbish joke!)

Yuzuru praised Jimin (BTS) and his dancing whilst speaking at DOI. 

Yuzu has such good taste!!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
28 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Haha I think photoshopping someone else's face on Yuzu's body is very weird. Thanks for deleting it though. 

Ah you saw it damn!! Well I saw an objection to the photoshop on twitter and I didn't want to offend anyone. I didn't realise that some of Yuzuru's fans find BTS fans so annoying!!  It did look weird, but it made me laugh a little, however others feel it is disrespectful to Yuzuru which I had no intention at all of being! We just find different things funny I guess!

36 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Ah you saw it damn!! Well I saw an objection to the photoshop on twitter and I didn't want to offend anyone. I didn't realise that some of Yuzuru's fans find BTS fans so annoying!!  It did look weird, but it made me laugh a little, however others feel it is disrespectful to Yuzuru which I had no intention at all of being! We just find different things funny I guess!

Agreed! I think it is harmless! But a bit weird and potentially some may take it the wrong way. :hugs: