General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Fay said:

Hmmm, I am inclined to think Yuzu might not be at the opening….

I prefer him not to. 

He's already done his part to promote that cursed event, like a responsible athlete from Japan that he is. No need to go any further and this includes showing up. 

Hi guys, do you remember my story about everything in my life and Yuzu's happening at the same time? And, about my challenge for releasing a software at the same time of him challenging 4A? Well, there are good news on my side. An "under development" version of our code is ready to be released as an open source code. There are many more developments required but at this stage it is my own requirements like adding my own state-of-the-art quantum dynamics methods to this software. But, most of the requirements by the journal are met. July was a harsh month which at some point I was thinking it was impossible to finish up this code by the end of September. Now, I am saying that I want to release a beta version, wow. 

I am sure Yuzu is going to get to 4A, I am sure he is at a stage in practicing that if it were any other athlete they would announce they have landed 4A. Then, they would show it with considerable pre-rotation and under-rotation and would get full credit. I am sure that at this point he has the beta version ready but he is not in a situation like me to be forced to put the beta out. He will show the full glory to us in Hanyu style :2thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, snowy said:

Hi guys, do you remember my story about everything in my life and Yuzu's happening at the same time? And, about my challenge for releasing a software at the same time of him challenging 4A? Well, there are good news on my side. An "under development" version of our code is ready to be released as an open source code. There are many more developments required but at this stage it is my own requirements like adding my own state-of-the-art quantum dynamics methods to this software. But, most of the requirements by the journal are met. July was a harsh month which at some point I was thinking it was impossible to finish up this code by the end of September. Now, I am saying that I want to release a beta version, wow. 

I am sure Yuzu is going to get to 4A, I am sure he is at a stage in practicing that if it were any other athlete they would announce they have landed 4A. Then, they would show it with considerable pre-rotation and under-rotation and would get full credit. I am sure that at this point he has the beta version ready but he is not in a situation like me to be forced to put the beta out. He will show the full glory to us in Hanyu style :2thumbsup:

That's amazing! I am happy for you. And this is some great signs :happy0065:

2 hours ago, snowy said:

May you be completely right!

I know there are many here with deep concerns about Yuzu appearing in the opening ceremony.  I think they should rest somewhat at ease.  Japan began vaccinating all summer Olympic athletes and the support personnel beginning June 1.  If Yuzu is appearing in the opening ceremony you can be certain he was vaccinated then.  They are not going to risk one of Japan's most highly profiled athletes in this pandemic.  He's not only possibly important in tomorrow's opening ceremony but also definitely important going into this year's Olympic season.  JSF may not value Yuzu to the extent he should be (if they value him at all) but he is seen as valuable with many powerful figures outside the skating establishment.  Otherwise he would not have received that People's Honor Award.  So be somewhat at ease about what may happen with Yuzu tomorrow.  They'll keep him as protected as possible.

In regards to Yuzu and tomorrow, if he is in the opening ceremony he probably traveled to Tokyo by auto, thus avoiding the potential contagions in flying or going by rail.  If he is staying in Tokyo my guess is that it will be in a private residence, since that is much more easily concealed from the general public than if he were in a hotel.  Word of Yuzu's presence in a particular hotel would put that hotel under siege from journalists and fans.

And one final note, very off topic - Brisbane, Australia has been selected as the site of the 2032 Olympics.  Hopefully those games will proceed much more smoothly than those commencing tomorrow.

5 hours ago, micaelis said:

I know there are many here with deep concerns about Yuzu appearing in the opening ceremony.  I think they should rest somewhat at ease.  Japan began vaccinating all summer Olympic athletes and the support personnel beginning June 1.  If Yuzu is appearing in the opening ceremony you can be certain he was vaccinated then.  They are not going to risk one of Japan's most highly profiled athletes in this pandemic.  He's not only possibly important in tomorrow's opening ceremony but also definitely important going into this year's Olympic season.  JSF may not value Yuzu to the extent he should be (if they value him at all) but he is seen as valuable with many powerful figures outside the skating establishment.  Otherwise he would not have received that People's Honor Award.  So be somewhat at ease about what may happen with Yuzu tomorrow.  They'll keep him as protected as possible.

In regards to Yuzu and tomorrow, if he is in the opening ceremony he probably traveled to Tokyo by auto, thus avoiding the potential contagions in flying or going by rail.  If he is staying in Tokyo my guess is that it will be in a private residence, since that is much more easily concealed from the general public than if he were in a hotel.  Word of Yuzu's presence in a particular hotel would put that hotel under siege from journalists and fans.

And one final note, very off topic - Brisbane, Australia has been selected as the site of the 2032 Olympics.  Hopefully those games will proceed much more smoothly than those commencing tomorrow.

Also, very off topic, but MISIA will sing the anthem at the opening ceremony. I legit freak out. That has got to be the only bright thing about the whole mess that is the Tokyo Olympics for me.

MISIA is one of my most favorite JPN singers EVER and I have been praying for so long (probably will continue to) that she would collaborate with Yuzu one day. It would be EPIC.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:23 PM, Fay said:

Hmmm, I am inclined to think Yuzu might not be at the opening….

Same i dont think he will also.From his previous interview he seems not interested in the Olympic anymore and besides he always keep on low profile during the off season