General Yuzuru Chat

If I understand it right, this is on TBS right now?

https://news.willmedia.jp/2021/07/20/23220/

deepl.: Tuesday, July 20, 7:00 p.m. on air: "These Lyrics Stuck! Good Phrase"

A "lyric-focused" music special

32 great songs with lyrics that stick in your mind, presented by different generations!

What are the lyrics that supported Mone Kamishiraishi, Riho Yoshioka, Jessie (Sixtones), Ayumi Goromaru, Yuzuru Hanyu, and Saori Kimura? 

(...)

One OK ROCK's "Good Phrase" that saved Yuzuru Hanyu from the pressure of winning three consecutive championships.

I would love to know which song was Yuzu's inspiration and his thoughts about it!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, birnasan said:

32 great songs with lyrics that stick in your mind, presented by different generations!

What are the lyrics that supported Mone Kamishiraishi, Riho Yoshioka, Jessie (Sixtones), Ayumi Goromaru, Yuzuru Hanyu, and Saori Kimura? 

(...)

One OK ROCK's "Good Phrase" that saved Yuzuru Hanyu from the pressure of winning three consecutive championships.

I would love to know which song was Yuzu's inspiration and his thoughts about it!

It's ONE OK ROCK キミシダイ列車 (Kimisidai Ressha). The lyrics that inspired Yuzu is "過去の自分が今僕の土台となる" meaning "myself in the past becomes the foundation of myself now" . Yuzu listened to the song over and over to try overcome the pressure at gpf 2015 and won (that was his 3rd consecutive win at gpf).

1 hour ago, birnasan said:

(...)

Here Yuzu's part

7 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

It's ONE OK ROCK キミシダイ列車 (Kimisidai Ressha). The lyrics that inspired Yuzu is "過去の自分が今僕の土台となる" meaning "myself in the past becomes the foundation of myself now" . Yuzu listened to the song over and over to try overcome the pressure at gpf 2015 and won (that was his 3rd consecutive win at gpf).

Thank you!! I thought it would be about his 3rd consecutive win at Olympics, thank you so much for clarifying.

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

The Olympic village is always an orgy fest. Despite of all the restrictions athletes will probably find their way to have sex if they really want it.

You put that many young, healthy, mainly attractive , usually confident, people together in a festival atmosphere for a couple of weeks, and the results are fairly predictable. 

That being said, now I wonder how many babies there are in the world who can trace their origins back to an Olympics. :think:

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

The Olympic village is always an orgy fest. Despite of all the restrictions athletes will probably find their way to have sex if they really want it.

When in Japan do as the Japanese do… Take the mattress off the bed and put it on the solid floor and you have a makeshift futon…

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You put that many young, healthy, mainly attractive , usually confident, people together in a festival atmosphere for a couple of weeks, and the results are fairly predictable. 

That being said, now I wonder how many babies there are in the world who can trace their origins back to an Olympics. :think:

Whoever they are, they are probably very athletic…

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

To brighten up the day a little:

Thought I had read all the articles about the Pyeongchang 2018 Olympics by now, but I somehow missed this one. :embSwan:

Business Insider: "The Olympic Village is supplied with 110,000 condoms, or 37 per athlete"

I wonder what Yuzu did with them : smiley-rire021:

In the article, there is also a photo of the athletes' rooms in the Olympic Village, which looked simple but quite comfortable in fact.

EDIT:

More seriously: I'm not at all happy with the jokes with the cardboard beds at the Tokyo Games. In different circumstances it can be funny, but not in the midst of a pandemic. I pray that the athletes are not so stupid to take this as an invitation and spread the virus through the Olympic Village. It would be a nightmare and a terrible mistake on the part of the media and the organizers to blow up this subject.

Ah so Henni you saw the article with the beds with cardboard and I also have it https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/sport/actualite/des-lits- member-anti-sexe- »-Aux-jo-de-tokyo / ar-AAMjKiD? Li = BBoJvSH   it is in French, you will translate it : it is not very smart, indeed  : / and I am the same as you and it would be  more than reasonable, this are all athletes and chaos in this period, it is best to remain quiet (in  my opinion), but I see that it's an orgy ..... and I discovered for 2018 : good question over Yuzu  :shrug: :coolio: In addition to this, you need to know more about it.

5 hours ago, river said:

Okay, good, I wasn't the only person who just thought "well, the floor's probably pretty sturdy, right?"

Just as long as they remember to put the sock on the doorknob before starting, and lock the door, so as to warn any roommates not to come back for a while...

...are we being terrible human beings by saying such things? :hihi:

12 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Just as long as they remember to put the sock on the doorknob before starting, and lock the door, so as to warn any roommates not to come back for a while...

...are we being terrible human beings by saying such things? :hihi:

Nope. It's just plain old Human Nature :coolio:

1 hour ago, gapil27 said:

Wow this news to me, and totally shows my sheltered life lol (and how boring my life is). I thought now that they made it to Olympics, total focus is all they will do, no hanky panky or wild shenanigans :headslap:

I think to some extent it might depend on whether they believe they have a chance in winning anything or not? If I was at the Olympics (...which I know I won't be but I will try to imagine it) and I know my skills are such that I won't even make it to the top 20 or something, maybe I won't be so focused on the Olympics but instead other things like eating nice Japanese food (wild hanky panky not being my thing exactly)....

2 hours ago, Sha said:

I think to some extent it might depend on whether they believe they have a chance in winning anything or not? If I was at the Olympics (...which I know I won't be but I will try to imagine it) and I know my skills are such that I won't even make it to the top 20 or something, maybe I won't be so focused on the Olympics but instead other things like eating nice Japanese food (wild hanky panky not being my thing exactly)....

Good point. Although the athletes are still representing their country. Their parents and friends are all watching. They've put in a ton of hard work and many have made sacrifices along the way to get there. Not only the athletes themselves, but oftentimes their family have also made sacrifices. So I think the athletes will try their best to place as high as they can and while they might not make top 20, a personal best at the Olympics will still feel really good!

Maybe after their competition, they might go wild and engage in some extra-curricular activities to blow off all that pent-up stress. :D

ETA: I agree with @Henni147 and hope that the athletes will show some restraint given the current circumstances though.

3 hours ago, gapil27 said:

Wow this news to me, and totally shows my sheltered life lol (and how boring my life is). I thought now that they made it to Olympics, total focus is all they will do, no hanky panky or wild shenanigans :headslap:

I once dated a Nationally ranked tennis player (this is a LONG time ago) and he wouldn't have dreamed of any "shenanigans" before a competition.  I think, at past Olympics, the partying was pretty much after a personal event.  And this Olympics, all athletes have to leave the country as soon as their events are over.  No hanging out in the Olympic village and partying with athletes from all over. No staying in town for the closing ceremonies. Sad, really.