General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But I do believe Champéry itself ( where Stephane's rink is) is literally in the mountains,  no? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champéry

which would mean lots of opportunities for good hiking for weight loss.  so in this case, less of a stereotype and more of a reality, I would think. 

Yes it is. And you are right: Hiking is quite popular in Switzerland, people do it everywhere (not only in the mountains). Not me though, because I stan an indoor guy.

:dancingpooh::tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

On 7/17/2021 at 9:54 AM, Geo1 said:

[NEWS]

I have two new pictures of Ghislain Briand that were taken on his last Friday in Switzerland, July 2 which he would like to share on social media. 

He returned from Switzerland 10 days ago. He was there for five weeks coaching jumping at Stephane Lambiel’s school. As you may have heard, Barrie, Ontario, was hit by a devastating tornado yesterday. Ghislain and his family are safe and were not affected by the tornado.

He has shed 62 pounds (28 kg) “so far”. 

When I saw the first picture with Stephane Lambiel and company, I did not realize that Ghislain was even there! So what do you think of the “new” Ghislain Briand?

iwxRhcH.jpg

VgCyFle.jpg

That is astonishing! Ghislain has been working really hard too. He looks happy and healthy!

Quick update on the floodings in Germany:

The clean-up and reconstruction in the states North Rhine-Westphalia and Rhineland-Palatinate has started. However, the dam near Euskirchen is still in danger to break, so the whole area has been evacuated.

In addition, there were heavy floodings in Bavaria, Thuringia and Saxony this time. The luge track at the Königssee near Berchtesgaden is completely destroyed and many German athletes, who were in the middle of the preparations for the Beijing Olympics, lost their training base. At the Nebelhorn there were heavy rainfalls as well, but thank god, there were no severe floodings or damages in Oberstdorf so far.

However, I'm very worried about the region around the Danube, especially Passau. Pray with all my toes and fingers that everyone stays healthy and safe :smiley-angelic001:

My thoughts and prayers go also to Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands and Italy. Please stay safe everyone.

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

The luge track at the Königssee near Berchtesgaden is completely destroyed and many German athletes, who were in the middle of the preparations for the Beijing Olympics, lost their training base.

That is a situation Yuzu can certainly understand, remembering the damage from the earthquake to Ice Rink Sendai and his initial difficulties in finding an alternative training base for it.  Fortunately the rink was merely damaged and not destroyed though I surmise it had to take out bank loans to pay for the repairs.  All the evidence here suggests that Yuzu has been a significant source of funds in paying off those loans.  If Yuzu after retirement should opt for coaching I have a feeling that he will base his school there.  It would be fitting to have a training school there since Sendai was where figure skating in Japan began so many many years ago.

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

That is a situation Yuzu can certainly understand, remembering the damage from the earthquake to Ice Rink Sendai and his initial difficulties in finding an alternative training base for it.  Fortunately the rink was merely damaged and not destroyed though I surmise it had to take out bank loans to pay for the repairs.  All the evidence here suggests that Yuzu has been a significant source of funds in paying off those loans.  If Yuzu after retirement should opt for coaching I have a feeling that he will base his school there.  It would be fitting to have a training school there since Sendai was where figure skating in Japan began so many many years ago.

Yes. In case of the luge track at the Königssee, Felix Loch (two-time Olympic champion in men's singles) fears that the reconstruction will need years, as the track has complex architecture and is almost completely destroyed:

The nearest luge/bobsleigh track is 400km away and most athletes do not want to move from their home in Bavaria permanently. This will be a massive setback for the whole German team, they have been very successful in this sport for decades.

The loss of this track is comparable to the destruction of all ice rinks in the Kansai or Tokyo area in one day. Imagine what that would mean for Japanese figure skating in Beijing and the next generations to come.

Guest Mary_kyo

“a person who has strong spirit and also very strong sense of justice”

So sad that such a person has to endure a great deal of injustice for years. The other day I saw a video of a young Yuzu talking about how he thinks he was overscored in gpf13 and I realized how different he is from all these PR-created skaters who accept any injustice as long as they are given the gold/win. 

Anyway, it's just a week since DOI but I don't know why I feel it's been years. I really miss his skating again. Maybe because his last Masquerade performance was just so other-worldly amazing. I can honestly watch him skating for hours and never get enough.

21 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

“a person who has strong spirit and also very strong sense of justice”

So sad that such a person has to endure a great deal of injustice for years. The other day I saw a video of a young Yuzu talking about how he thinks he was overscored in gpf13 and I realized how different he is from all these PR-created skaters who accept any injustice as long as they are given the gold/win. 

Anyway, it's just a week since DOI but I don't know why I feel it's been years. I really miss his skating again. Maybe because his last Masquerade performance was just so other-worldly amazing. I can honestly watch him skating for hours and never get enough.

There is no such thing as "too much Yuzu". 

So, it looks like Canada will open its borders to fully vaccinated Americans in early August (9th)....and to fully vaccinated travellers from elsewhere on September 7th... I remember saying last year that Canada would let Americans in first... even if other countries were in better shape, covid wise.

And to all those suffering in Western Europe right now from all that rain/flooding... I'm so sorry to see what 's happened. I"m sure the picture we see on tv don't fully encapsulate the devastation. My heart aches for those affected. '

It just seems like everywhere, bad news, bad news, bad news... so if there's more Yuzu to come, bring it on! We need some sunshine.

To lighten up the day a little:

I thought I read all articles about the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics already, but I somehow missed this one :embSwan:

Business Insider: 'The olympic village is stocked with 110000 condoms that is 37 per athlete'

I wonder what Yuzu did with them :smiley-laughing021:

In the article there is also a picture of the athlete's rooms in the olympic village, which looked simple but pretty comfortable actually.

EDIT:

On a more serious note: I'm not happy about the jokes with the cardboard beds at the Tokyo Games at all. Under different circumstances it might be funny, but not in the middle of a pandemic. I pray that the athletes are not that dumb to take this as an invitation and spread the virus across the olympic village. That would be a nightmare and a terrible mistake by the media and organizers to blow up this topic.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

EDIT:

On a more serious note: I'm not happy about the jokes with the cardboard beds at the Tokyo Games at all. Under different circumstances it might be funny, but not in the middle of a pandemic. I pray that the athletes are not that dumb to take this as an invitation and spread the virus across the olympic village. That would be a nightmare and a terrible mistake by the media and organizers to blow up this topic.

The Olympic village is always an orgy fest. Despite of all the restrictions athletes will probably find their way to have sex if they really want it.