General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

Kikuchi est maintenant à la retraite mais, même avant cela, Yuzuru avait également d'autres physiothérapeutes à Toronto (plus d'un au fil des ans. L'un d'entre eux en 2014 avait posté sur les réseaux sociaux pour ne plus travailler avec Yuzu, il a été discuté de l'IIRC après le COC14 dans le fil GS, mais je ne le trouve pas maintenant).

I guess Kikuchi mainly traveled for competitions and probably groomed him when he was in Japan.

I do not know Kikuchi san's age and I suspect he was not the only therapist to be and treat Yuzu and as you write in Toronto and it makes sense and I have no social networks for the one who quit  :shrug: , we always saw Kikuchi with Yuzu and the staff in the competitions and I remember seeing him raise his arm when Yuzu comes back to Brian after a program (I don't remember which one, I will look for  : yuzususpect: ) and here is around 9:20 pm Yuzu who is going to have his hand treated and a massage by Kikuchi until 10:10 pm and who talks about Yuzu in good terms and this dates from 2010/11? and as Mélodie writes, can they see each other at her clinic? as before, yes the COVID is present 

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Now that he is back in Sendai, maybe they can meet at Kikuchi-san's clinic (if the Covid situation allows) like in the good old days :img_21:

ahhh I hope so, they looked so at ease with each other and Kikuchi's book is full of many lovely episodes too:tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

Since Yuzuru has kept good relationship with all the peaople he's worked with in the past (and he is a very thoughtful person with scarily good memory I'm still thinking about his DOI2012 reference LOL), I wouldn't be surprised if happens.

From the preview of the interview with Rikako, it looks like it will be both :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: and :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

Yuzuru talking with fellow athletes is very nice in general and this time indeed he has something more in common with Rikako, beyond sport and competition. Of course their experiences are radically different, but both found themselves becaming symbols of something bigger.
this is :offtopic2: but since it's about Rikako liking it under spoiler

Spoiler

Was it shared already?

and the full subbed video

Kikuchi san retired as Yuzu's trainer after PyeongChang but is probably still working with local athletes as a physiotherapist and a trainer in Sendai. He was, at least until the end of 2019. As @LadyLou said, Yuzu has been working with other physiotherapists (and a doctor/doctors) in Toronto too. The one that stopped working with Yuzu after the 2014-2015 season had been working with many other Japanese skaters who visited Toronto to train or receive choreographies. (Nobu was one of such skaters) For some reason, the therapist didn't (couldn't?) travel with Yuzu for competitions, so Kikuchi san supported Yuzu during competitions.

According to Kikuchi san's book, Yuzu had already reserved Kikuchi san for future Olympics when he was ten years old, saying, "Please come with me when I compete in the Olympics." But Kikuchi san didn't take it seriously and was surprised when Yuzu's father came to ask him to accompany Yuzu to Sochi.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Kikuchi san also says "Team Yuzu" was a good team. The team consisted of the coaches, choreographers, people from JSF, those who support Yuzu regarding foods (I guess he means people from Ajinomoto) and Kikuchi san, and none of them was egotistical. They, of course, were there for Yuzu, but they also cared about other team members. Kikuchi san says that he thinks that Yuzu's smile made people around him relaxed and created unity among the team members.
Kikuchi san's book is a unique how-to book in which Kikuchi san shares his tips on training via his experience with Yuzu, so you find episodes like these in chapters titled, "You can condition your mind by putting your dreams into words," or "Smile calms down people's mind," etc. It is sometimes funny, but I love Kikuchi san's warmth and honesty coming through his words.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Kikuchi san retired as Yuzu's coach after PyeongChang, but probably still works with local athletes as a physiotherapist and trainer in Sendai. He was, at least until the end of 2019. Like@LadyLousaid, Yuzu has also worked with other physiotherapists (and one or more doctors) in Toronto. The one who stopped working with Yuzu after the 2014-2015 season had worked with many other Japanese skaters who visited Toronto to train or receive choreography. (Nobu was one of those skaters) For some reason the therapist didn't (couldn't?) Travel with Yuzu for competitions, so Kikuchi san supported Yuzu during competitions.

According to Kikuchi san's book, Yuzu had already booked Kikuchi san for future Olympics when he was ten, saying, "Come with me when I take part in the Olympics." But Kikuchi san didn't take him seriously and was surprised when Yuzu's father came to ask him to accompany Yuzu to Sochi.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Kikuchi san also says that "Team Yuzu" was a good team. The team consisted of the coaches, the choreographers, the people from JSF, those who support Yuzu regarding food (I guess he means people from Ajinomoto) and Kikuchi san, and none of them did. was selfish. They, of course, were there for Yuzu, but they also cared about the other team members. Kikuchi san says he thinks Yuzu's smile made the people around him relaxed and created unity among the team members.
Kikuchi san's Book is a unique practical book in which Kikuchi san shares his training advice through his experience with Yuzu, so you will find episodes like these in the chapters titled "You Can Condition Your Mind By Putting Your Dreams Into in words ”, or“ A smile calms people's minds ”, etc. It's funny sometimes, but I love Kikuchi san '

I learn with you Freshwater, that Kikuchi san wrote a book and, surely, what you wrote is part of this book and these are good references on Yuzu and the entire staff around him, you have to '' he is and it is very important to have a good entourage / listening / advice and let's not forget mom Yumi and we can see everything that Yuzu does for  his skating and the results that follow  :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:  and a lot of the anecdote of Yuzu at 10 years old who wants Kikuchi to come to the 2014 Olympics : at  this young age he had a vision of the future :girlsigh: 

12 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

I do not know Kikuchi san's age and I suspect he was not the only therapist to be and treat Yuzu and as you write in Toronto and it makes sense and I have no social networks for the one who quit  :shrug: , we always saw Kikuchi with Yuzu and the staff in the competitions and I remember seeing him raise his arm when Yuzu comes back to Brian after a program (I don't remember which one, I will look for  : yuzususpect: ) and here is around 9:20 pm Yuzu who is going to have his hand treated and a massage by Kikuchi until 10:10 pm and who talks about Yuzu in good terms and this dates from 2010/11? and as Mélodie writes, can they see each other at her clinic? as before, yes the COVID is present 

Yuzu raised his right arm (with index finger pointed upwards) to Kikuchi san when he skated back to kiss and cry with Brian waiting at the end of his free programme gpf 2015.  Kikuchi san also returned the same gesture. Yuzu broke world records for his sp, fs and total scores (more than 330 points)!

Every morning I wake up to new Yuzu content. This feels surreal.

Number released a short video of the conversation with Ikee. Hopefully someone will translate the whole interview. 

And Yuzu is supporting Tour de Tohoku also this year.

And video of Yuzu's skating boots and new Kose merch. Boots must be quite old since they are ice fly. 

[NEWS]

On 7/13/2021 at 8:18 PM, LadyLou said:

I'd actually rather him get into Not Today

But the choreo would be highly difficult to translate to the ice. I love Not Today, and I honestly think choreographing it for ice would a major major challenge. 

11 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Kikuchi san retired as Yuzu's trainer after PyeongChang but is probably still working with local athletes as a physiotherapist and a trainer in Sendai. He was, at least until the end of 2019. As @LadyLou said, Yuzu has been working with other physiotherapists (and a doctor/doctors) in Toronto too. The one that stopped working with Yuzu after the 2014-2015 season had been working with many other Japanese skaters who visited Toronto to train or receive choreographies. (Nobu was one of such skaters) For some reason, the therapist didn't (couldn't?) travel with Yuzu for competitions, so Kikuchi san supported Yuzu during competitions.

According to Kikuchi san's book, Yuzu had already reserved Kikuchi san for future Olympics when he was ten years old, saying, "Please come with me when I compete in the Olympics." But Kikuchi san didn't take it seriously and was surprised when Yuzu's father came to ask him to accompany Yuzu to Sochi.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Kikuchi san also says "Team Yuzu" was a good team. The team consisted of the coaches, choreographers, people from JSF, those who support Yuzu regarding foods (I guess he means people from Ajinomoto) and Kikuchi san, and none of them was egotistical. They, of course, were there for Yuzu, but they also cared about other team members. Kikuchi san says that he thinks that Yuzu's smile made people around him relaxed and created unity among the team members.
Kikuchi san's book is a unique how-to book in which Kikuchi san shares his tips on training via his experience with Yuzu, so you find episodes like these in chapters titled, "You can condition your mind by putting your dreams into words," or "Smile calms down people's mind," etc. It is sometimes funny, but I love Kikuchi san's warmth and honesty coming through his words.

I honestly would love to read Kikuchi-san's book. From what I gather about him from the snippets and bits I've seen, he has a very unique perspective and ideas about physical training. The upturned bucket on wheels that Yuzu rolled around on in the warm-up room at PC  being one example. 

1 hour ago, lajoitko said:

...And video of Yuzu's skating boots and new Kose merch. Boots must be quite old since they are ice fly. 

[NEWS]

I noticed they were Ice Flys too, but the boot looks brand new, no scratches or anything, so it does not look like it was used. Maybe he just autographed it.

33 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I honestly would love to read Kikuchi-san's book. From what I gather about him from the snippets and bits I've seen, he has a very unique perspective and ideas about physical training. The upturned bucket on wheels that Yuzu rolled around on in the warm-up room at PC  being one example. 

You can find a partial English translation of Kikuchi-san's book here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610393525875114/permalink/2707095569538232/

I love the insights he gives about bb Yuzu and the behind-the-scenes view of what happened during Sochi Olys. Poor Kikuchi-san. He should get a medal too for all his efforts in supporting Yuzu all those years.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:54 AM, 180267 said:

Yes, Is purely speculation on your side. I think not to believe Yuzu's words is disrespectful. He works so hard on his own, and some people want to share his efforts with those who now have nothing to do with them.

Look, first of all, did I say anything about whether I believe or do not believe Yuzu's words? Did I do anything to offend you, to the point where there seems to be such an anger behind your reply? 

If you think I insinuated anything then I assure you, I didn't. I would appreciate it, truly, if you could come back and verify with me the messages, if any, behind my words. You can disagree with it too, and that is totally fine, but keep it yours. Please don't impose your opinion on others in this way.

Now, onto what I know, based on the information that I got, from the materials that I read and watched. Yuzu worked physically on his own last season, most likely at midnight. He filmed some or all his practice sessions and sent them to TCC for feedback. He got choreo from Jeff more or less in the same way. Fact or no, they are purely information. 

As for this season, I did observe the coincidence in time schedule, hence the speculation. And it is just that, something someone, as did I, noted, which I chose to voice out. And I can voice it out here because I believe this is the right space in which I can do it. Whether it is right or wrong, I don't know and there is no way I could know, unless the parties involved say something publicly. The same mode of work may continue as it is or be modified in some ways or it may not continue. 

Please, if you choose to reply to this message, read through what I said and discuss with me if you have any points of clarification, but do not spin my words. I can try to rephrase what I said, even though my English is limited, until we are clear. If you choose to ignore this reply then it is fine too. 

Peace!

Just a reminder to all my dear satellite friends:

Planet Hanyu is fully equipped with an 'ignore user' function, which can be deployed to completely block all content posted by any user you chose to ignore. You can find this utility in your account settings. Please feel free to use it as appropriate and/or desired, for the sake of your own peace of mind, if nothing else. 

And thank you greatly to the mods/ staff for equipping the Planet with said very useful function! 

1 hour ago, lajoitko said:

Number released a short video of the conversation with Ikee. Hopefully someone will translate the whole interview. 

And Yuzu is supporting Tour de Tohoku also this year.

And video of Yuzu's skating boots and new Kose merch. Boots must be quite old since they are ice fly. 

[NEWS]

It said 2019 on the boots. But boy, did they look as good as new? Hats off to Yuzu!

44 minutes ago, Melodie said:

It said 2019 on the boots. But boy, did they look as good as new? Hats off to Yuzu!

Yes, but he has used Pianos since 2016. Maybe it is as @IceWings said and he just signed them. Or maybe they are some leftovers from the time he changed boots... We can only guess. They indeed look like brand new. 

2 hours ago, lajoitko said:

this is what I've found till now ;)