General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Given that he’s competing in the GP series, how can he go to Canada in the current situation re the rules on admission etc?  They’re constantly changing - his best bet is to stay in Japan and travel with JSF - whatever their many failings may be they’ll get their allotted skaters to the competitions if at all possible.  It’s not ideal but would you wish his 2021/22 season be like Roman Sadovskys 2020/21?  I applaud Canada for their caution but a non Canadian skater might well choose to stay where they are guaranteed ice time.

This is exactly why I didn't expect him to come back just yet, but thinking it myself and hearing him say it for real are two different things. 

8 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

Have you read Axel with Wings's translation of the DOI interview? His answer to the training base question, at least to me, suggests it depends on the pandemic/border situation. He basically says definitely Japan for now 

:headslap: I have not, I only read the other,  more dramatic translator...I should have realized and known better...

Ugh. Still though, the longer he's away, the worse it gets. 

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

:headslap: I have not, I only read the other,  more dramatic translator...I should have realized and known better...

There literally were two versions. One said he wouldn't be going back. The other added one more detail, and that is he is not thinking of going back for now. So chances are the version you read was translated from the previous JPN version. 

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He mentioned something about the protocols, procedures and stuff. Is this really that complicated to get to Canada now? 

22 minutes ago, Melodie said:

There literally were two versions. One said he wouldn't be going back. The other added one more detail, and that is he is not thinking of going back for now. So chances are the version you read was translated from the previous JPN version. 

He mentioned something about the protocols, procedures and stuff. Is this really that complicated to get to Canada now? 

Pretty much. To start with, non-essential travel is refused, so everyone entering has to prove their reason for coming in. On top of that, all travellers arriving by air have to provide proof of a negative COVID  test result taken within 72 hours of boarding the plane. On arrival in Canada, another test must be taken, and (currently, anyway) travellers must isolate, at their expense, at a government designated hotel for another 72 hours,  before heading to their final destination, at which point they must continue the quarantine until at total of 14 days have passed. 

It's all big pain for anyone arriving, and it's main purpose to discourage people from even thinking of traveling here until COVID is over. And travel direct from certain countries with bad outbreaks, like India, is outright banned for the time being. 

Travellers arriving by land from the US have a slightly different requirement - they have to do the 14 day quarantine but all the rest is waived. So if Yuzu went to US first, he could then drive here, but he'd still have arrange something to do in the US first. 

Until two weeks ago, all Canadians returning to Canada had to go through the same process. Now the quarantine requirement has been lifted for fully vaxxed Canadians who can prove they're  vaccinated,  but I believe you still have to have the negative COVID test

Just now, Paskud said:

You really want 2019 with all the traveling back and forth again to happen or what?:huh:

Definitely not. I think Yuzu has made the right decision. It still makes me sad that he's not going to be back here for a long time yet. 

14 hours ago, Paskud said:

What time is it? It's summer time and it's time for

An Ultimate Evil Fanyu Quiz 2:sin:

Try to guess from which programs are these starting poses.

hint: every pose is from different program

Please, put your answers in spoilers, so others won't have spoiled fun. ;*

TPMrxjG.png

F8HXnLM.png

GuG6KsQ.png

Y6RKXSO.png

m4Ui8dg.png

us3fcCN.png

zgaXxRa.png

kD7mvI1.png

HpvhqF3.png

tOgdGbw.png

Spoiler

1 Ten to Chi to
2 Parisienne Walkways
3 Phantom of The Opera (I am not confident with this one)
4 SEIMEI from 2015-2016 season
5 Ballade No.1 at FCC2020
6 White Legend (Maybe at NHK2010?)
7 Otonal
8 Rhapsody on the theme of Paganini
9 Is this also Rhapsody on the theme of Paganini? Not sure about this one. It also looks like from a more recent era.
10 Ballade No.1

14 hours ago, Paskud said:

TPMrxjG.png

F8HXnLM.png

GuG6KsQ.png

Y6RKXSO.png

m4Ui8dg.png

us3fcCN.png

zgaXxRa.png

kD7mvI1.png

HpvhqF3.png

tOgdGbw.png

This is truly evil :devil3: Much harder than StSq clusters :laughing:

Spoiler

1. Tenchi? (Because of his thighs, otherwise it could also be Etude?)

2. PW. The easiest one in this quiz!

3. Maybe RJ2? Or POTO?

4. Seimei 1.0? (Because of his silver blades)

5. Chopin 4.0?

6. WL? (Because of his old blades)

7. Otonal? (Because of his black blades)

8. Paganini?

9. Probably NDP? (Because none of the other programs left match better)

10. H&L? But is this picture from the judges' side? iirc he was facing the other side. This looks more like LGC but then why are his pants black... I give up 

:headdesk:

Here comes the man, the myth, the legend 😂😂😂

We were wondering where he was the whole time. And boy, did he show up on time, after that earth-shattering Masquerade number 🤣🤣🤣

Edit: Translation of his heartfelt message on Instagram. All credits and thanks to Shu-pa! - san (@ShuPa93156524) on Twitter 🥰

Yuzuru-sama, also known as Masquerade-sama. You have infused new breath into this song, Masquerade as well as new breath into myself. It was so moving, and you have given joy and happiness to many fans including me. I am so grateful from the bottom of my heart. Truly, thank you!

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Definitely not. I think Yuzu has made the right decision. It still makes me sad that he's not going to be back here for a long time yet. 

Spoiler

I think I know how you feel now a bit because I felt a bit sad when he left Sendai for Canada in 2012, even though I knew pretty well that it was necessary for him. 
At the moment, the situation is a bit different because of the pandemic, but I am sure that even while we cannot travel freely and see each other easily, you will find the connection between your home country and Yuzu while watching him skate in the next season because, you know, you've seen Continues with Wings and know how things continue with wings? :winky:

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:
  Hide contents

I think I know how you feel now a bit because I felt a bit sad when he left Sendai for Canada in 2012, even though I knew pretty well that it was necessary for him. 
At the moment, the situation is a bit different because of the pandemic, but I am sure that even while we cannot travel freely and see each other easily, you will find the connection between your home country and Yuzu while watching him skate in the next season because, you know, you've seen Continues with Wings and know how things continue with wings? :winky:

Of course! And Yuzu never forgets the people and places and things that helped him. 

19 hours ago, Paskud said:

TPMrxjG.png

F8HXnLM.png

GuG6KsQ.png

Y6RKXSO.png

m4Ui8dg.png

us3fcCN.png

zgaXxRa.png

kD7mvI1.png

HpvhqF3.png

tOgdGbw.png

:lol: I shall not even try... I know I will get most (if not all!) of them wrong... But I think you should send these quizzes to skaters who admire Yuzu! Especially the step sequence gifs. Wouldn't it be fun also to see if Yuzu himself or Brian can get them correct?