General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, yuzu-san-fanyu said:

XD I do that too :peekapooh: 

there are only two types of fanyus: those who squeak while watching videos and those who lie and say they don't. LOL

(just kidding)

2 hours ago, gaia said:

I confess I sometimes scream (little squeaks mainly, not proper screaming all the time) while watching videos :rolleyes:

I let out gasps of joy/surprise/happiness :happy0065: and sigh of appreciation/emotions

5 hours ago, river said:

Figure skating is horrific in its management, or lack thereof, of head and neck trauma. Yuzuru probably didn't need C-spine immobilization (if he was actually at a normal level of consciousness the entire time) after his 2014 accident under current US guidelines. And as the doctor that saw him was American, I'll use our guidelines to think about his case. But those were updated in 2019. If I remember correctly, we used to be far more broad in who needed imaging to clear the C-spine after blunt trauma back in 2014. But I'm not an ER doc or trauma surgeon, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. The last time I was at a non-pregnant trauma case was almost ten years ago and I was just a student then.

Ashley Cain-Gribble, on the other hand, 100% needed to be immobilized and imaged after her accident at Golden Spin. Altered level of consciousness and a fall directly on her head from a height of more than a meter? Yeah... no matter which set of criteria you look at, not immobilizing and imaging her, and allowing her and Tim to complete their program was a terrible idea. And her accident was four years after Yuzu's. It is utterly inexcusable that the ISU had not come up with better protocols by then.

The accident that's seared into.my brain is the one from the Jr. Pairs practice( or warm up) at Canadian Nationals last year. The guy tosses his partner up for a twist and then trips and falls flat on his face. She finishes her twist and he's not there to catch her - he's still scrambling to his feet - and this tiny, fragile little four-foot-nothing 13 year old girl goes pancaking flat onto the ice, dropping like a stone from six feet up onto the ice, barely managing to break her fall.  In my lifeguarding days, that would have been a showstopper: clear the pool, everyone out, all hands on deck, 3 lifeguards to get her immobilized onto the spine board, call an ambulance, send her off to the ER, the whole nine yards. 

Instead, her partner picks her up, sets her back on her feet, they go over and get examined by their coaches and whatever so-called medical staff happened to be on that day, and she goes back out to skate their SP...with a broken kneecap and wrist but somehow miraculously not concussion. And then Ted B praised her bravery. Instead of using the opportunity to call for better injury protocols. 

It's got to be one of the few high risk sports where there's so little regard for safety. And where being downright foolhardy is considered a good thing.

3 hours ago, gaia said:

there are only two types of fanyus: those who squeak while watching videos and those who lie and say they don't. LOL

(just kidding)

I scream for the videos too, just not as loud because my neighbors would panic LOL

23 hours ago, Melodie said:

Seems to be good (and non-shady) stuff to look forward to :) 

Clean versions, courtesy of @poohzuru on Twitter :7562096:

E5lqajkVUAI_PST?format=jpg&name=medium

E5lqajmVoAAh-h7?format=jpg&name=medium

Edit 

1. The video will be released on the same day as the magazine (Jul 13)

https://twitter.com/frau_tw/status/1412262076567875601?s=20

2. It seems the magazine is sold out already :xD:  Fanyus are fast!!!!!!

3. Yuzu will be featured in 10 pages. In addition to the interview, there will be special postcards as bonus :) 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Update: 

More photos:

E5qU1tRVoAIY9ke?format=jpg&name=900x900

Credit: @taedonyzlove on Twitter 

Link to buy the magazine: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0988Y39LW/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_apa_glt_i_8EE8GZJP45WB6Q7TTM07

(currently out of stock tho. sasuga Hanyuconomy!!)

PS: Is this the first time he took new photoshoots for Kose???

56 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Update: 

More photos:

Link to buy the magazine: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0988Y39LW/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_apa_glt_i_8EE8GZJP45WB6Q7TTM07

PS: Is this the first time he takes new photoshoots for Kose???

Yuzu with a tree is all I ever needed and I love how his hair is styled!!

edit: this post made me reach tissue box!! woohoo!!

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

Update: 

More photos:

PS: Is this the first time he took new photoshoots for Kose???

Update on update from Detective Fanyus :smiley-cool14:he

- The studio where these photos were taken seems to be WINE studio in Sendai. This is where he had his P&G photoshoots taken a while back

https://twitter.com/vertigo0606/status/1412609836773224451?s=20

- The photography uncle this time seems to be Norio Kidera. 

https://twitter.com/madoka_yz1207/status/1412606774994083840?s=20

His official website is here: https://t.co/WUEYtbupII?amp=1

6 hours ago, gaia said:

(just kidding)

Truthfully, whenever I watch Yuzu, I do it in dead silence to grasp every second of the performance (and no one and nothing is allowed to disturb or I get frighteningly angry). The only time I roared and clenched my fist was right after his final triple Lutz in the freeskate in Helsinki.

Okay, I admit, I always jam along with the lines "You gotta get high before you taste the lows" :8788161:

Footnote: There is no greater sin in the universe than interrupting Yuzu's skating with a commercial.

10 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Truthfully, whenever I watch Yuzu, I do it in dead silence to grasp every second of the performance (and no one and nothing is allowed to disturb or I get frighteningly angry). The only time I roared and clenched my fist was right after his final triple Lutz in the freeskate in Helsinki.

Okay, I admit, I always jam along with the lines "You gotta get high before you taste the lows" :8788161:

Footnote: There is no greater sin in the universe than interrupting Yuzu's skating with a commercial.

Same, and without any commentary if possible. Although watching Jnats free last year I walked around my apartment tablet in hand because I just couldn't sit still. 

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I do it the same way :yes: and enjoy videos of Yuzu with a smile 😊

New video from the rice field art "Seimei" :happy:

[NEWS]

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I also scream for videos, but not so loud because my neighbors would freak out LOL

:wave:  I can afford to do whatever there is written by fanyus of all kinds, because I have no neighbors above or below  :yahoo:and when I enjoy videos, I am on a cloud / cloud  :peek: : ahhhhh sacred Yuzu what what we do not do :girlsigh: