General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Good news! I hope Yuzu's family and friends will all be vaccinated soon. Hope they can arrange another way for Yuzu to get the shot. I think he could be assaulted if he has to queue at a mass vaccination site. :I do not know: 

Of course Yuzu and his family will be vaccinated   separately and which makes sense (this is not a place for a riot), considering he is HYPER known in Japan and Sendai where he was born and, I think, that this is for him and a positive thought for all the people of Sendai who will receive the vaccine :heartpound: 

4 hours ago, IceWings said:

Great news! I hope Yuzu's family and friends all get vaccinated quickly. I hope they can arrange an alternate way for Yuzu to get vaccinated. I'm thinking he might get mobbed if he has to stand in line at a mass vaccination site. :idk: 

Yuzu knows the mayor of Sendai and the governor of Miyagi Prefecture (not to mention the Imperial family and the former Prime Minister of Japan). He is the tourism ambassador for Sendai and the most famous athlete in Japan. I’m sure they will figure something out. In addition, the JSF is supposed to be arranging for vaccinations for its skaters. In either case, I don’t think he will be standing in line.

Edit: I am just glad to hear that he should be receiving his vaccinations soon.

5 hours ago, IceWings said:

Great news! I hope Yuzu's family and friends all get vaccinated quickly. I hope they can arrange an alternate way for Yuzu to get vaccinated. I'm thinking he might get mobbed if he has to stand in line at a mass vaccination site. :idk: 

I think Sendai as a whole (and the native Sendai people) is pretty protective of Yuzu though. Like we know he's there and probably makes fairly regular trips to the rink (albeit at potentially odd hours), but we haven't seen tons of pictures of him or heard about him being chased or mobs camped outside his family home. That seems to happen more in other places or at Sendai comps/ice shows when it's not just the native population. So I don't think that he'd necessarily get mobbed in the line, but I agree it's probably easier to just book him before the first appointment of the day and have him in and out and avoid that possibility altogether.

And yea, I agree that regardless of how he's going to get vaccinated, I'm just glad to hear he will be soon.

11 hours ago, Toni said:

I regularly watch CoC POTO (the program, not the fall.) I don't watch out of curiosity, but out of extreme pride. It reminds me that Yuzu is a hero made of the strongest steel. He knew that if he didn' t skate, that would have been the end of the season for him. He would not have been able to go to the GPF. I watch, knowing that this incredibly brave boy was skating with a sprained ankle, an injured thigh, a huge contusion across his abdomen and midriff, two bleeding head wounds, a massive headache, AND the extreme psychological strain of having to suppress his emotions! Yet he powered through that program, racking up all the points he needed to continue his season, never forgetting the choreography, and still managing to bring passion to the program. I cry with him when he gets his score. He was holding his breath until he knew he could go on. He was so happy, he became a complete mess, finally letting out every emotion he'd been holding back. If Yuzu were a soldier, he'd be the sort who might be wounded terribly on the battlefield, yet throw another wounded soldier over his back and save him before he allowed himself to collapse. When people talk about Yuzu's mental strength, CoC POTO is the single biggest example you can find.

Yes, I feel exactly the same as you. Watching his determination and fighting spirit in this performance was inspirational in many ways. You can argue, if it was too reckless or dangerous, but in the end it turned out to be a good decision.

Sadly, I know people, who only watched this performance because of the drama and blood and sensation, which I find simply disgusting. Same with the big number of people who were curious about the crash itself. But that's how it is.

11 hours ago, Toni said:

I regularly watch CoC POTO (the program, not the fall.) I don't watch out of curiosity, but out of extreme pride. It reminds me that Yuzu is a hero made of the strongest steel. He knew that if he didn' t skate, that would have been the end of the season for him. He would not have been able to go to the GPF. I watch, knowing that this incredibly brave boy was skating with a sprained ankle, an injured thigh, a huge contusion across his abdomen and midriff, two bleeding head wounds, a massive headache, AND the extreme psychological strain of having to suppress his emotions! Yet he powered through that program, racking up all the points he needed to continue his season, never forgetting the choreography, and still managing to bring passion to the program. I cry with him when he gets his score. He was holding his breath until he knew he could go on. He was so happy, he became a complete mess, finally letting out every emotion he'd been holding back. If Yuzu were a soldier, he'd be the sort who might be wounded terribly on the battlefield, yet throw another wounded soldier over his back and save him before he allowed himself to collapse. When people talk about Yuzu's mental strength, CoC POTO is the single biggest example you can find.

For the longest time, I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I avoided all the videos about the crash and also his program because I just couldn't do it. The thought of him injured so badly and hurting so much makes my heart clench in sorrow. Only month after I became a fan that I watched the video and his program and it made me tear up because of how determined he was to compete and do his best. His love for skating is truly awe-inspiring and motivational. I cried too when I saw his score. 

1 hour ago, lynnidolz said:

There are seems to be a lot of Yuzu photobooks..i just wondering did anyone knows whether Yuzu will get royalties from the sales or only the publisher/photographers?

@lynnidolz I replied in photobook thread:

https://planethanyu.com/topic/96-magazines-and-photobooks-recommendations-and-reviews/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-473058

On 6/9/2021 at 2:04 AM, Ladysci said:

[NEWS]

"Yuzuru Hanyu Photo Collection Reproduction REGROWTH (tentative title) - Full of latest photos! JP Oversized – July 20, 2021

The official latest photo collection of Yuzuru Hanyu, "Prince on ice". It completely covers the activities and expressions of the 2020-2021 season, such as world championships, national competitions, ice shows, etc. It also includes plans for "memories" that look back on the trajectory of past competitions and events, super wide size benefit visuals, and valuable real face shots. Among the spectators without corona disaster, yuzu's charm that grows with the aim of further height by re-playing the cheers of fans."

"羽生結弦写真集 再生 REGROWTH(仮題)~最新フォト満載! JP Oversized – July 20, 2021

「氷上の王子」羽生結弦の公式最新写真集。世界選手権、国別対抗戦、アイスショーなど、2020-2021シーズンの活躍・表情を完全網羅。過去の大会、イベントなど軌跡を振り返る「思い出」の企画や、超ワイドサイズの特典ビジュアル、貴重な素顔ショットも収録。コロナ禍の無観客の中でも心の中でファンの声援を再生し、苦難を乗り越えて自らの存在も再生させ、さらなる高みを目指して成長するユヅの魅力が満載。豪華な永久保存版。羽生結弦ファン必携の一冊。"

This is the front and back cover of the book 😙

E5Ro8snVcAAbUEO?format=jpg&name=medium

E5Ro8soVkAAHYqx?format=jpg&name=medium

Here you can find the link to order.

[NEWS]

On vaccinations and Yuzu, I think it quite possible that Yuzu is already vaccinated since they started vaccinating all those involved with the Tokyo games beginning 1 June, athletes and support personnel alike.  If Yuzu is going to be involved with the opening ceremony I think it quite likely he already is and possible Mama Hanyu also, since she's his major support person in Toronto.  In any case the Japanese are now vaccinating all the winter athletes and support personnel so Yuzu's in line there.  I also think, as others have, that Yuzu and his family will be vaccinated privately as, has been noted, any appearance by Yuzu in public in Japan can be the cause of a mob scene.

On another note, beginning 6 July Canada is relaxing its entry requirements and if I read things correctly, those already vaccinated will be able to enter from foreign shores.  This is according to an official government page although I'm somewhat foggy on the detail.  If anyone here is Canadian, perhaps they can seek out the information there and clarify things.  If my reading is correct Yuzu and his mother will be able to return to Toronto.  If he's involved with the opening ceremony on the 23rd of this month he'll remain there until after and then I really think he'll head back to Toronto, since I feel that Yuzu needs Ghislaine's personal attention there to help him towards his 4A attainment.  Also, he'll be in position to participate in the ACI at Pierrefonds in Quebec which means he'll be within driving distance of the competition and have absolutely no jet lag problem since Toronto and Pierrefonds are in the same time zone.

I think there may also be a hidden blessing in the timing of Yuzu's GP assignments in that Yuzu will be able to remain in Canada through the early season training with his coaches and then heading to foreign parts to finish up the year.  He'll probably head to Japan early to deal with jet lag, staying in Sendai until right before the competition in Tokyo.  Sendai to Tokyo is an easy drive by auto.  Probably he'll return to Sendai rather than Toronto before heading to Sochi.  I think he'll head to Sochi early to handle the jet lag or adjust to Sochi time while still in Sendai.  Then it'll be back to Sendai rather than Toronto to prepare for Nationals and once Nationals are done it'll then be back to Toronto.  I don't know whether he'll do 4CC or not (will there even be a 4CC next year?) but he'll stay in Toronto until heading to Beijing and the showdown with Nathan (as the Americans hope) or the showdown with Gillis Grafstrom and his threepeat record (as everyone else hopes) or his showdown with Nessie (as everyone here plus Yuzu hopes).

For me the ideal season for Yuzu would be winning everything big (GPF, Olympics and Worlds) and Nessie fully revealed.  Then, I think, Yuzu announces his retirement unless he has decided to go for four Olympics, which if he succeeds in that even the Americans won't be unable to recognize him as the GOAT. 

Well, if he do well in 2022, and win the J.O. he may continue for another year or two. Or more. His idol Plushenko appeared 4 times in the J.O. and retired at the age of 34. For my 27 years that he will be in 2022 he is still quite young. If life expectancy has been greatly lengthened, being 60 years old today is like being 50 years old a few years ago, so imagine with the youngest. But of course the moment to retire will depend on many factors and only he will know when to do it, let's say what we say is a decision that belongs to him. And Yes it will hurt, but that´s life.

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

On vaccinations and Yuzu, I think it quite possible that Yuzu is already vaccinated since they started vaccinating all those involved with the Tokyo games beginning 1 June, athletes and support personnel alike.  If Yuzu is going to be involved with the opening ceremony I think it quite likely he already is and possible Mama Hanyu also, since she's his major support person in Toronto.  In any case the Japanese are now vaccinating all the winter athletes and support personnel so Yuzu's in line there.  I also think, as others have, that Yuzu and his family will be vaccinated privately as, has been noted, any appearance by Yuzu in public in Japan can be the cause of a mob scene.

On another note, beginning 6 July Canada is relaxing its entry requirements and if I read things correctly, those already vaccinated will be able to enter from foreign shores.  This is according to an official government page although I'm somewhat foggy on the detail.  If anyone here is Canadian, perhaps they can seek out the information there and clarify things.  If my reading is correct Yuzu and his mother will be able to return to Toronto.  If he's involved with the opening ceremony on the 23rd of this month he'll remain there until after and then I really think he'll head back to Toronto, since I feel that Yuzu needs Ghislaine's personal attention there to help him towards his 4A attainment.  Also, he'll be in position to participate in the ACI at Pierrefonds in Quebec which means he'll be within driving distance of the competition and have absolutely no jet lag problem since Toronto and Pierrefonds are in the same time zone.

I think there may also be a hidden blessing in the timing of Yuzu's GP assignments in that Yuzu will be able to remain in Canada through the early season training with his coaches and then heading to foreign parts to finish up the year.  He'll probably head to Japan early to deal with jet lag, staying in Sendai until right before the competition in Tokyo.  Sendai to Tokyo is an easy drive by auto.  Probably he'll return to Sendai rather than Toronto before heading to Sochi.  I think he'll head to Sochi early to handle the jet lag or adjust to Sochi time while still in Sendai.  Then it'll be back to Sendai rather than Toronto to prepare for Nationals and once Nationals are done it'll then be back to Toronto.  I don't know whether he'll do 4CC or not (will there even be a 4CC next year?) but he'll stay in Toronto until heading to Beijing and the showdown with Nathan (as the Americans hope) or the showdown with Gillis Grafstrom and his threepeat record (as everyone else hopes) or his showdown with Nessie (as everyone here plus Yuzu hopes).

For me the ideal season for Yuzu would be winning everything big (GPF, Olympics and Worlds) and Nessie fully revealed.  Then, I think, Yuzu announces his retirement unless he has decided to go for four Olympics, which if he succeeds in that even the Americans won't be unable to recognize him as the GOAT. 

I like the idea of Yuzuru returning to Canada to have some in person coaching.Maybe the reason he is not choosing  Skate Canada is like what u said...so that he had enough time for training in Canada and choosing later grand prix to fit that.Besides that i have read somewhere that JSF planning to vaccinate their atheltes mid July to August.

14 minutes ago, Ghis said:

It is very good to put all the competitions and the result. I wonder why when I go on TV to watch a video I get that there is no connection, can someone explain to me?

If you mean the "TV" section on the planet, it is offline when we are not having a streaming party, but you can watch the videos posted in the "Videos" section anytime. If you click on "Videos" on the planet banner, you will move to this page, and if you find any video you want to watch, just click on it, and you will be able to watch it.