General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, liv said:

Hmmm.. I read that sinopharm has a much lower efficacy rate... Like, below 60%? Well, they have confidence in their product, anyway.

....the thing is, it's not readily available outside China at the moment.  I think this is in truth a way of saying they don't want anyone coming in, without actually saying they're closed for the time being. But whether they'll apply that to international athletes is another question 

I think only South America, some African nations, and Asian nations are using it at present.... I suspect that when it comes to important athletic events, esp leading up to their Games, they will probably not apply it to the athletes. But there are so many questions about everything still...

34 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

....the thing is, it's not readily available outside China at the moment.  I think this is in truth a way of saying they don't want anyone coming in, without actually saying they're closed for the time being. But whether they'll apply that to international athletes is another question 

OT: Here in Mexico all teachers were vaccinated with that one. So uh i guess that's a place they can go now? haaha

44 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Another gem from that ice show

:10636614: When i was a baby mushroom i watched that one over and over again haha thanks for reposting it

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

The Ice 2012. This dance battle here

Another gem from that ice show

I was re-watching the Dance Battle video when I ran across this upbeat video that I had not seen before where the creator edited clips of Yuzu dancing and put them together to Ricky Martin’s Livin' La Vida Loca. Not quite Blinding Lights, but entertaining nonetheless.

On 6/26/2021 at 4:24 PM, Anni said:

The radio show about Yuzu has started. Unfortunately I do not understand the language. I hope there will be a translation later.

live now: https://radiostarbrasil.com.br/#

Here is a summary of the post on twitter

Part 1

"Let's go Crazy" on the radio :smiley-happy105:

Edit: now LMEY :peace2:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I know I'm super late for this (been away for a while), but does anyone have this audio? I could translate from Portuguese to English.

Can't believe I missed it >.<

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I read that China is only allĺowing entry to travellers who have been vaxxed with Sinopharm. 

World is really becoming crazier and crazier, if that is possible. Sometimes I become really negative and start thinking all this vaccine "war" is going to end up really bad. I hope I'm wrong but...

13 hours ago, Melodie said:

If ratings (and tickets, if possible) are the decisive factor then Yuzu can get all six and then roll the dice later on to see which one he likes to attend LOL

Nah, Skate America doesn't want him, Lol. NBC thinks it can get the biggest audience if US athletes win, and unfortunately, they might be right because a large part of the US population seems to be interested in Team USA only. :/

9 hours ago, micaelis said:

.... With Yuzu's well-known ability to fill just about any size of arena I would think there might be a bidding war amongst the Grand Prix hosts, if such were possible...

I bet Skate Canada would love to get him. They lost out big last year having to cancel almost all of their events including Worlds, ACI, and SCI. Kelowna mentioned how hosting SCI in 2019 boosted their economy. Russian press also mentioned in 2019 how the arena for Rostelecom looked emptier because of the lack of Fanyus. This might have been for the Men's event though, since the Eteri girls are pretty popular in Russia. There were rumors in the 2018-19 season that the French fed was trying to negotiate a deal with JSF to send Yuzu to IDF in exchange for the French sending Papadakis/Cizeron to NHK. And someone else mentioned that Yuzu hasn't competed in China since 2015, so there's definitely a pent-up demand to see him there, plus his presence can be used to highlight the upcoming Beijing Olys.

7 hours ago, KendallKlaire said:

...Yuma is the new up-and-comer and the JSF is going to be pushing him to replace Yuzu as their future star so if he is selected for the NHK I believe that agenda will be extremely clear. However, Yuzu is still the one that draws a crowd and if he is selected for the NHK the JSF and ISU may just concede they need Yuzu to make money....

...I personally would hope for COC and COR as weird as that sounds...

Yes, I can see JSF giving NHK to Yuma to position him as a top contender for the Olys. They can also assign Shoma to NHK to help with ratings.

Personally, I hope Yuzu doesn't get assigned to COR. Being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get COVID (esp. with the new variants floating around), it just means you're not likely to get a severe case. So a mild or moderate case can still knock you out for a week or 2, and COR is right before GPF with JNats not far behind.

6 hours ago, Melodie said:

Off-topic a lil bit, but those events in China a lil unpredictable now. 1) Beijing Olympic Committee will be observing how the summer olympic is held before even making any decisions. 2) Super strict quarantine and vaccine rules in China, which mean there is still a possibility Asian Open and CoC will be held with only Chinese athletes (or someone who is training in China, or allowed to enter China => few) if the rules are not loosen by then. 

With all the uncertainty, I wonder if it would be better for ISU to make assignments similar to last season, where the skaters compete locally if possible.