General Yuzuru Chat

51 minutes ago, DancingFeather said:

Satellites keep arriving out of the space because Hanyu's gravitational force is very strong. (sorry, dear physicists)

No, based on Kepler's Law of Universal Gravitation you are entirely correct.  Objects in space are attracted to each other by a force directly proportional to their mass, and since Yuzu is the most massive thing to happen in skating in the last 20 years, obviously we are sucked into orbit. 

6 hours ago, Ewa said:

Just wanted to let you know that I'm so happy - my new book is out! It wouldn't have happened without Yuzu, so I officially thanked him :thankssign:

https://wydawnictwo.krytykapolityczna.pl/dlaczego-sie-szczepimy-947

Congratulations @Ewa👏

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

Wow, we surpassed 6000 members already and I didn't even notice :panic:

:cheer: Welcome to all the new satellites.

Ghislain spotted. 👀  We haven’t seen him for a long time.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Ewa said:

@yuzuangelThank you so much!
It is about vaccines, vaccinations, and a bit about debunking crazy conspiracy theories about vaccines. It is in Polish (as you can see, sorry about that), the title is: "Why do we vaccinate? Viruses, bacteria and epidemics."

Congrats on completing your new book and thanks for providing accurate info about vaccines to debunk those idiot conspiracy theories!  :2thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Melodie said:

He just swooshes into the eagle position with a slight push of the knee. Reminds me of when he did an SBS ina bauer with Shizuka. Small things but so mesmerizing to watch :8430721:

Yes! That's the difference I see when I watch him skate live as compared to other skaters. Every move is smooth and effortless, like skating is as natural to him as breathing. You just can't take your eyes off of him!

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

I feel like Yuzuru would also be the type of person to mess around with other people's ponytails, younger brother behaviour! :giggle: Poor Saya must have gone through a lot. :roll:

You are so right! Back when he was competing together with Kanako Murakami, there's a video clip of them by the sideboards (I think in an ice show). A photographer wanted a picture of Yuzu together with Kanako, but Kana was busy chatting with someone else and had her back to them. To get her attention... yep, Yuzu yanked her ponytail. :winky:

59 minutes ago, Anni said:

Ghislain spotted. 👀  We haven’t seen him for a long time.

Reveal hidden contents

Good to see him. I believe he usually does some coaching with Lambiel's team over the summer.

Ghislain, please take a side trip and visit Sendai. :nod2:

Guest Mary_kyo

So Ghislain is in Switzerland. Did..he lose a lot of weight? It took me a good 1-2 seconds to recognize him. Seems Yuzu is stressing him out by all those 4A attempts. Yuzu might be very responsible for Brian's hair loss and Ghislain's weight loss. Didn't the unfounded rumors say Ghislain was going to Japan for two months? I happily believed them  :crybaby:

btw, why DOI seems so far away though, I really miss his skating :th_tumbleweed:

9 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Poor Kanako. :laughing: I can just imagine him going yoink yoink. Is that video still out there? 

Yeah, it was really cute! The video was titled "Yuzuru Hanyu & Kanako Murakami: Cute Moments 2003-2014" and was uploaded to YouTube by crystal22, but now it's a "private video". Unfortunately, many You-Tubers have made their videos private so they won't get deleted. :sad4:

If you subscribe to crystal22's YouTube account, maybe you can see the private videos? I don't know. I don't have a YouTube account.

On 6/20/2021 at 3:20 PM, Pammi said:

You all know Yuzuru, and many other skaters, use John Wilson blades, made from Sheffield Steel which is from the UK.  You might be interested in this news item relating to Brexit and the effects on the UK steel industry (I'm sorry, I know some people think sport and politics shouldn't mix, but it really is unavoidable in my view - politics affects everything including sport! Even down to the quality of Yuzuru's blades!! :8:

I have put it under a spoiler though for those who are not interested :))

Hide contents

Brexit (the decision of the UK to withdraw from the European Union) will likely mean the influx of cheaper and poorer quality steel imports into the UK, having a direct effect on the UK steel industry. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jun/20/brexit-madness-will-wreck-uk-steel-industry-tories-warned

Thank you, Pammi, for posting the article. Everything is interlocked now-a-days, the Butterfly Effect really matters so politics does affect everything, down to the scoring and judges shenanigans to please the feds, or the shameless propaganda for pets trying to shadow the real values of a sport (like and including  FS). It is good for us to be reminded once in awhile.

Sorry if this has been already shared, Minami Itahashi, a diver, says she thinks Yuzuru's smooth movements are really amazing and there are a lot of things she was able to gain from watching another sport. She wants to be a diver who can perform both powerfully and smoothly to aim for the higher placement in the competition (brief summary). I am very proud that Yuzuru inspires not only skaters but also athletes in different sports.

https://twitter.com/miyaxrin/status/1407029517902696448

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].