General Yuzuru Chat

@Yuzuwinnie massimiliano ambesi is an italian journalist specialized into winter sports commentary.  his commentary gave its name to planet hanyu for he stated " welcome to planet hanyu, inhabitants one: him only"
:)

8 hours ago, gaia said:

the tweet is new but how about theoriginal interview? does anybody Know?
I thought he was still 1/8 rotation short apparently he isn't anymore
<3

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

It's an excerpt from Imishin, first aired in October 26, 2019. The interview is from 2019-2020 season.

5 hours ago, gaia said:

https://fb.watch/6fD4mJzhfv/   this is the link to a long video with max ambesi commenting on stockholm (unfortunately in italian with no subs)

he is basically stating how "wrong" and not correclty applied the new judgment system is , pushing FS to become more a (quad) jump competition than anything else 

Towards the end of the live show, however, while discussing the male competition, he gives us some "gems".

"hanyu teaches us that a jump must be loved" (talking about the 4a and the quality that yuzu surely wishes to deliver)

" if i have to tell you what i will remember from this world championship, i will definitely remember mishina galliamov's free for the incredible technical content, hanyu's sp and hanyu's ex. hanyu's exibition ... because it was full of meaning, skated with an incredible lightness, with a quality (in everything) that should be used to teach children what to do on ice."

"From a purely technical point of view I'm glad he (yuzu) is going ahead (competing), but from a human point of view I wonder if such an outstanding performer * deserves to go out on the track, run a perfect clean program and be underscored by the judges."
*max uses the italian word "fuoriclasse" wich is badly translated into english with outstanding champion. a fuoriclasse is more  an "out of scale" champion  to good to be compared to others

"...a skater of that level, a skater who made it possible to raise the bar (bring up the standard) to unimaginable levels... because everyone you see now on the ice was born with him, because if hanyu hadn't brought men's skating to that level we wouldn't even have nathan chen, ok?...the skater who did all this cannot be humiliated by the judges. a skater who skates a short like the one we saw in stockholm cannot get 107 points.
This is not good and we have to think about it."

and last but not least

other speaker: he (yuzu) is in the hall of fame...  max: "he IS the hall of fame"

max is a true expert but a true fanyu too :P
long live max ambesi  :5GOE:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Is this the video? This one has English subtitles:

ElenaC uploads Max's videos with English and Japanese subtitles. She also uploads Yuzu's videos with Eng/Jpn subs of Max's commentary:

https://www.dailymotion.com/elechicca/videos

Dailymotion plays commercials before starting the video, but the commercials always get stuck for me and I have to refresh and watch the stupid commercial several times before the video actually plays.

10 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Is this the video? This one has English subtitles:

ElenaC uploads Max's videos with English and Japanese subtitles. She also uploads Yuzu's videos with Eng/Jpn subs of Max's commentary:

https://www.dailymotion.com/elechicca/videos

Dailymotion plays commercials before starting the video, but the commercials always get stuck for me and I have to refresh and watch the stupid commercial several times before the video actually plays.

yes, the fb version I posted it's the complete chat but it has no subs:(
I didn't know about ElenaC uploads (luckly I can listen to max in italian).
thanks

:smileys-cheerleading-867900::happy0158:

2 minutes ago, gaia said:

yes, I didn't know about ElenaC uploads (luckly I can listen to max in italian).
thanks

:smileys-cheerleading-867900::happy0158:

Thanks for your translation. :thanks:

Actually, I had to hunt a little for ElenaC's uploads. They used to be on her YouTube channel, but I guess it was getting deleted, so she started moving the videos to Dailymotion and Vimeo.

51 minutes ago, Fay said:

I love these ice-kiss hydroblades so much. Phantom Kabocha has contributed two pictures to Wiki Commons as well that are really great.

This is one of them (from Torino gala 2019):

And also: Congrats to Parisienne Walkways for reaching 9Mio views! :cheer:

@micaelis Regarding all Olympic routine-videos about figure skaters, this is what I've found on the Olympic Channel so far (sorted by date of upload):

To be honest, it's a bit weird that skaters like Alina and Zhenya, who only competed at one Olympics, have an all-routine video. I wonder how long an "all-routine" video of Plushenko would be... two hours? :xD:

38 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I love these ice-kiss hydroblades so much. Phantom Kabocha has contributed two pictures to Wiki Commons as well that are really great.

Hide contents

2019_Grand_Prix_Final_-_Yuzuru_Hanyu_EX_

Link: 

his hydroes are not only textbook but pure poetry ❤

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

And also: Congrats to Parisienne Walkways for reaching 9Mio views! :cheer:

@micaelis Regarding all Olympic routine-videos about figure skaters, this is what I've found on the Olympic Channel so far (sorted by date of upload):

To be honest, it's a bit weird that skaters like Alina and Zhenya, who only competed at one Olympics, have an all-routine video. I wonder how long an "all-routine" video of Plushenko would be... two hours? :xD:

Well, strictly speaking, he had as many programs skated there as Tessa and Scott, so I’d imagine it’d be around the same length. Just a wee bit longer because men’s free programs were slightly longer than free dances, I imagine. 

9 minutes ago, DancingFeather said:

- a bit off topic, but since we're not writing much these weeks -

The Olympic Torch seems to have passed Sendai without Yuzuru being involved.

well could it be just because it's for summer olympics?