General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, snowy said:

For some weird reason, since I've become knowing Yuzuru, his and my life have gone very similar trajectories. I end up getting jobs or awards at the same time that he wins worlds or OG and fail at the same time he couldn't get gold in competitions. The same goes for all other hardships or challenges. Now that he is facing 4A wall, I am facing this computational package that I have to release by the end of September. I believe I can do it but all the times that I add a new subroutine and run and the result is NaN I loose some hope. I am a Theoretical Chemist not Computer Scientist but some editor-in-chief of a scientific journal questioned all my scientific reputation by ability to release this package. I keep telling myself Yuzu is going to land 4A and I am going to release this package successfully but GOD it is hard. 

Interesting! Do you happen to be a PhD student, post-doc, or professor? (I am just curious because I will be starting my PhD program this Fall)

Coding is tricky stuff... sometimes it is that one small comma or line hiding that is tripping everything up :consoling2: (just like when Yuzu tripped over a hole he created :grin:)  Like how Yuzu will eventually land that 4A, you can definitely do it too... Just a bit more! Take some breaks watching Yuzu's programs to help your programs :winner:!

Big news!

Yuzu's career achievement page has now officially reached featured list status and will be pinned on the Wikipedia mainpage on 12th July! :dancingpooh:

The timing is really nice. The interest in the Olympics will probably peak around that time, so many people are likely to visit the page, also casual readers who have never heard of Yuzuru Hanyu before.

[NEWS]

24 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Big news!

Yuzu's career achievement page has now officially reached featured list status and will be pinned on the Wikipedia mainpage on 12th July! :dancingpooh:

The timing is really nice. The interest in the Olympics will probably peek around that time, so many people are likely to visit the page, also casual readers who have never heard of Yuzuru Hanyu before.

[NEWS]

Well done!

19 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And he absolutely loves it when he gets the reaction he's after, too. You can tell he's having fun with this. 

and we would never ever disappoint him (even if we could I mean ) :P

18 hours ago, hananistellata said:

The all-mighty Yuzuru Hanyu has graced us with his presence in front of a white wall once again. :worship:

Hide contents

And with a new shorter haircut... *sniffs* 

The floofy hair shall be missed dearly. May it grow back for DOI. :smiley-angelic001:

I belive we have a sort of love and hatred relashionship with that white wall...  bless it anyway XD

13 hours ago, snowy said:

For some weird reason, since I've become knowing Yuzuru, his and my life have gone very similar trajectories. I end up getting jobs or awards at the same time that he wins worlds or OG and fail at the same time he couldn't get gold in competitions. The same goes for all other hardships or challenges. Now that he is facing 4A wall, I am facing this computational package that I have to release by the end of September. I believe I can do it but all the times that I add a new subroutine and run and the result is NaN I loose some hope. I am a Theoretical Chemist not Computer Scientist but some editor-in-chief of a scientific journal questioned all my scientific reputation by ability to release this package. I keep telling myself Yuzu is going to land 4A and I am going to release this package successfully but GOD it is hard. 

that sounds awful, I'm sorry. but don't surrender, you can make it. :*

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Big news!

The timing is really nice. The interest in the Olympics will probably peek around that time, so many people are likely to visit the page, also casual readers who have never heard of Yuzuru Hanyu before.

[NEWS]

wow. god job! 
:happy0158: :smileys-cheerleading-867900:

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Big news!

[NEWS]

Well done Henni. :clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::clapping-smiley:

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Big news!

[NEWS]

Wow, that’s really great. A big thank you for your work.  :clapclap4:

This is from Skate Canada. I’ve never seen this scene with Tracy before  :201111231756430f6:

18 hours ago, snowy said:

As a physicist who has been developing and training neural networks to analyze gravitational waves for the past few months, I totally understand and sympathise with the frustration of getting NaN or some random compatibility error after changing a small piece of code. Hang in there! You are close to your goal, and soon, all these subroutines will come together and work the way they are supposed to, just like the last bits of rotation for Yuzu's 4A. I believe that we will witness a beautiful 4A and the release of your package by September! :ganba: Let us know how it goes :)

P.S.: this editor-in-chief sounds like a jerk, there is no reason to assess your scientific ability based on one single project which is not even within your specialization :gaah:

11 hours ago, Sha said:

Interesting! Do you happen to be a PhD student, post-doc, or professor? (I am just curious because I will be starting my PhD program this Fall)

Coding is tricky stuff... sometimes it is that one small comma or line hiding that is tripping everything up :consoling2: (just like when Yuzu tripped over a hole he created :grin:)  Like how Yuzu will eventually land that 4A, you can definitely do it too... Just a bit more! Take some breaks watching Yuzu's programs to help your programs :winner:!

Hi, thank you very much for your kind words. I am a newly-minted Professor :happy: