General Yuzuru Chat

日本語で書くとこんな感じです。私の意見が余計であれば無視して頂いて結構ですが、英語すら母語でない者にとって、複数の慣れない言語が混じったスレッドを追うのはストレスです。このメインスレッドは、英語はなんとか読めるけど英語でコメントする自信はないと言う人もたくさん読んでいると思います。自動翻訳した英語を貼り付けるなど、方法はあると思いますので、みんなが(実際にコメントするかしないかは別として)参加しやすいよう配慮していただければ嬉しいなと思います。この件に関してはこれで最後にします。なお、このコメントはGoogle翻訳をチェックして誤解のない英語になるよう調整したので、日本語としてはちょっとくどくなりました(笑)

39 minutes ago, Lily* said:

Je ne pense pas que ce forum traduise automatiquement les commentaires. Les gens font de leur mieux pour écrire en anglais, ce qui peut sembler être des commentaires traduits automatiquement pour certains locuteurs natifs. Je peux montrer à quoi ressemble un commentaire japonais.

L'écriture en japonais ressemble à ceci. Si vous avez une opinion inutile, vous pouvez la rejeter, mais pour ceux qui ne sont même pas anglophones, il est stressant de suivre un fil dans lequel se mélangent deux langues inconnues. Je suis sûr que beaucoup de gens lisent ce fil principal, disant qu'ils peuvent réussir à lire l'anglais mais qu'ils ne sont pas sûrs de commenter en anglais. Je pense qu'il existe un moyen de coller l'anglais traduit automatiquement, alors assurez-vous que tout le monde ( qu'il ne commente pas ou non ) puisse participer facilement.

Non Lily , le forum ne traduit pas automatiquement les commentaires et je suis arrivée avant toi ( 85 messages ) et j'ai bien vu que TOUT est écrit en Anglais et je n'ai pas stressé sachant que ce serait traduit....  et lit ce que j'ai écrit au dessus , donc et j'ai déjà vu du Japonais dans des vidéos de Yuzu ARIGATO 

Note from a mod: what we suggest doing is you open up google translate and include a translation into your post. Like this: 

No Lily, the forum does not automatically translate comments and I arrived before you (85 posts) and I saw that EVERYTHING is written in English and I did not stress knowing that it would be translated .... and read what I wrote above, so and I have already seen Japanese in videos of Yuzu ARIGATO

Fay. 

2 時間前, Yuzuwinnieさんが言いました:

Non Lily , le forum ne traduit pas automatiquement les commentaires et je suis arrivée avant toi ( 85 messages ) et j'ai bien vu que TOUT est écrit en Anglais et je n'ai pas stressé sachant que ce serait traduit....  et lit ce que j'ai écrit au dessus , donc et j'ai déjà vu du Japonais dans des vidéos de Yuzu ARIGATO 

Note from a mod: what we suggest doing is you open up google translate and include a translation into your post. Like this: 

No Lily, the forum does not automatically translate comments and I arrived before you (85 posts) and I saw that EVERYTHING is written in English and I did not stress knowing that it would be translated .... and read what I wrote above, so and I have already seen Japanese in videos of Yuzu ARIGATO

Fay. 

Thanks for your reply. So what you are suggesting is for me to adjust my browser setting for you. Translate-everything-into-English option isn't exactly nice, and not everyone is familiar with these things. Oh, and English-Japanese auto-translation sucks. Of course it's up to you how you set your browser. That's all I can say. BTW, I'm here since 2018 (and have been lurking from the time when we were at Golden Skate) if that's what you meant.

Thanks, mod, for your note. It was a bit confusing at first because I read it in all-English mode LOL.

2 hours ago, Lily* said:

日本語で書くとこんな感じです。私の意見が余計であれば無視して頂いて結構ですが、英語すら母語でない者にとって、複数の慣れない言語が混じったスレッドを追うのはストレスです。このメインスレッドは、英語はなんとか読めるけど英語でコメントする自信はないと言う人もたくさん読んでいると思います。自動翻訳した英語を貼り付けるなど、方法はあると思いますので、みんなが(実際にコメントするかしないかは別として)参加しやすいよう配慮していただければ嬉しいなと思います。この件に関してはこれで最後にします。なお、このコメントはGoogle翻訳をチェックして誤解のない英語になるよう調整したので、日本語としてはちょっとくどくなりました(笑)

Japanese: Lily*さん、お疲れ様です! 本当にそうですね。アプリを通して世界中の方々が言葉を交わせれば有難いですが、Google翻訳は日本語を上手く訳してくれないのが残念です...

English(sort of translation): Lily* Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.  I agree with you!It would be nice if we could all easily access Translation Apps, but Japanese seems to be a particularly difficult language to translate.  I find it takes too much effort to compose Japanese sentences in order to avoid odd and sometimes hilarious translations.  

In any case, I am glad to find many people, esp on twitter, willing to offer almost instantaneous translations of Yuzu's words into English, Chinese and other languages.  Better than Google apps, we have the Fanyu Crowdtranslating Machine (FCM) that is helping to spread his words across the globe!   And I am happy to be a part of the FCM and contribute to the effort. 

39 minutes ago, Lily* said:

Thank you for your reply. So what you are suggesting is that I adjust my browser settings for you. The Translate All to English option isn't exactly nice, and not everyone is familiar with these things. Oh, and the English-Japanese machine translation sucks. Of course, it's up to you how you configure your browser. That's all I can say. BTW, I've been here since 2018 (and have been hiding from when we were at Golden Skate) if that's what you meant.

Thanks, mod, for your rating. It was a little confusing at first because I read it in all English mode LOL.

Lily, you write in the language which suits you and I will manage to translate and I hope that this "little controversy" will cease slowly, because here it is a forum for Yuzu  :hihi:   and I did not know that you are since 2018, seen that I have been coming here recently .......  

PS : who is this "mod"? and signed FAY 

Et j'ai fait traduire en Anglais par google et je sais que les réponses seront en Anglais et je ferais le contraire = facile 

OT

I want everyone to feel welcome here regardless of the language they speak, as it was one of the original goals of the site.

We do have international sections but i understand that this is the main conversation area, and as such its main language is english so i think that we should keep it english-only as much as possible.

I think that if we use an automatic translation for the comments we should be able to understand the gist of what the person wanted to say, i know it's not the perfect alternative but should be enough to keep the conversation going.

I hope we can put this language mix up aside.

3 hours ago, Umebachi said:

In any case, I am glad to find many people, esp on twitter, willing to offer almost instantaneous translations of Yuzu's words into English, Chinese and other languages.  Better than Google apps, we have the Fanyu Crowdtranslating Machine (FCM) that is helping to spread his words across the globe!   And I am happy to be a part of the FCM and contribute to the effort. 

And we all benefit from your translations @Umebachi,  thank you so much.

beyond that, even better, Yuzu motivates non-Japanese speakers to learn some Japanese so as to understand his words.  🙂 At least, that's what happens for me. It'll probably be years before I'm able to follow a conversation though.  

19 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I have noticed that it’s only Yuzuwinnie’s posts which are in French. Just right-click anywhere in the post and click on “translate to English” and everything will be in English. It even translates @Paskud to “Nasty”!

Iirc, there was another user, Charlene, whose posts also displayed in French. It was in the Tickets/Meetups threads. When I right-clicked to "translate to English", I didn't realize the entire page was being translated including the usernames, so I thought "Song" and "Nasty" were new users, but then I was confused because they had lots of posts under their names, so they can't be new users. :1:

I use Chrome and it detects the French on the page and gives me the option to translate it to English. I normally don't do the auto-translation because I like the option of using either Google Translate or DeepL depending on which one gives me a better translation.

16 hours ago, Melodie said:

...But, the paint on those blades looks flawed. Are we sure they are his new blades? :gla:

Fingerprints maybe? I have a friend who skates and she considered getting black blades because they look so cool, but she said every single scratch shows up on black blades and since she was always falling and stuff, she was afraid the blades would get scruffy-looking real quick so she decided to stick with silver blades.

6 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

My father learned French in college and all his knowledge of it has evaporated save for this one phrase 😂 (and ofc he told me that this is the important phrase to remember during travels in France 😂😂)

I took a year of Japanese when I was in college, and the only thing I remember from that class is, "これは何ですか?" because the sensei kept holding up objects and asking us.  😂  Later when I was watching anime, I picked up this phrase, "大丈夫ですか?" because the characters were always getting hurt, so another character would always be asking if they were ok.   😂 

4 hours ago, gaia said:

minute 00:02:17 of the amazing 18 minutues blinding lights cut.
I've just noticed the smirk he gaves while making the "masquerade hand pose" .
it doesn't look like  part of the coreo but more as  a "gotch ya, I knew this would make you scream" look of satisfaction.
he really knows what he's doing at any time.

absolute master playing with our poor hearts and minds please have mercy (and drop us some crumbs) LOL

That troll absolutely knows he's got us wrapped around his little finger!

Talking about when I became a satellite brings back memories. I don’t remember how and why, but in November 2015 I stumbled on an English commentary of Ballard No.1 at NHK. It was the first time I had watched his performance properly. I was fascinated and started reading about him in English. I know that’s funny, but I used to try and read about things that got me interested in English because that’s a great way to learn the language. So it's kind of the same different way as some Japanese learners here?:lol: At the time I didn’t think I’d become a fan. It was just another language project for me. That’s how I found the old Yuzu thread. After I got to know more about him, I did become a fan and started exploring the Japanese fandom, but the GS forum was the first thing where I dipped my toe into the fanyu world. Since then, I witnessed the supernova at GS and the forming of this new planet. I’m not particularly a long-time fan, but still, we’ve come a long way, eh?

9 hours ago, sweetwater said:

[NEWS]
Here a video preview of this magazine

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Also, there's lot of  satellites whose first language is neither English nor French... I honestly have no idea how they manage, but my hat's off to them for trying

To be honest it's not always easy for me to write in English. I am a bit slow here with answering.:smiley_hairpull: But the online translator and the voice App are very helpful for me.  Since I've been on the planet I'm learning English better and better 🙏🙏

9 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Ah, just in time for the first paycheck from my new job <3 

Good luck in your new job 👍

Thank you @hananistellata and @CaroSkate for sharing! Yes, there are fans of Yuzu who may have been doing figure skating before they learned about him and also fans who are more a fan of him than of figure skating. I merely became both his fan and a fan of figure skating because figure skating is so elegant and Yuzu brings out its beauty even more. I learned some Japanese a few years ago because I was interested in Japan's culture but I actually stopped for about 2-3 years. Becoming a fan of Yuzu made me pick it up again!