General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, sweetwater said:

A small correction: They appointed Yuzu as their ambassador in April last year, so his term is until April 2022.

I guess the entry by Sendai city is a reminder?

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Thank you @sweetwater for the correction:happy:

LMEY has exceeded 1.8 million views :agree:

16 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

So if that does happen, will Yuzuru lose the title? Or will he be the only man that got the title before Junior Euros and Junior 4CC became a thing?

Maybe it will be "historical", like his previous WRs?

31 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

So I have a question.

I was reading the glossary that we have on here and came across the term super slam. Of course I know what a super slam is but in the glossary it was also mentioned that Plushenko and Yagudin didn't get to achieve their own super slam because the Junior Grand Prix championships didn't exist at the time. 

Recently, after an ISU congress it was announced that they are considering making Junior European championships and Junior 4CC championships a thing.

So if that does happen, will Yuzuru lose the title? Or will he be the only man that got the title before Junior Euros and Junior 4CC became a thing?

I think this question will not arrise until someone will actually achieve it. And who knows if it will happen. YOG exists too and there are only few people wondering if it should be part of some slam or not.

10 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

....not that related but has Yuzu met Nekomasamune already?? (asking the important question 🙊🙈🙈)

We NEED Yuzu x Nekomasamune pics. That would be so cute! Plus I think Yuzu would like him. 

1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

It seems that Yuzu could actually gain a Cantilever with a little bit of practise. Having seen his Besti squats, it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal for him to get one. :think:

Hide contents

Although I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Cantilevers. I think they are a bit ugly actually, still extremely impressive for someone to do though.

Tbh, I suspect that the reason he hasn't bothered is because it's not much of a challenge to him

6 hours ago, hananistellata said:

So I have a question.

I was reading the glossary that we have on here and came across the term super slam. Of course I know what a super slam is but in the glossary it was also mentioned that Plushenko and Yagudin didn't get to achieve their own super slam because the Junior Grand Prix championships didn't exist at the time. 

Recently, after an ISU congress it was announced that they are considering making Junior European championships and Junior 4CC championships a thing.

So if that does happen, will Yuzuru lose the title? Or will he be the only man that got the title before Junior Euros and Junior 4CC became a thing?

5 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Maybe it will be "historical", like his previous WRs?

Yuzu will not lose the “Super Slam” title. They will not retroactively remove a title from someone because of a subsequent change in the criteria required to obtain that title. Yuzu achieved the “Super Slam” title by fulfilling all of the criteria which were in existence at the time he accomplished it. You cannot change the rules later and deprive someone of an achievement that he or she accomplished by fulfilling the requirements in existence at the time.

If they make the European Junior Championships and Junior Four Continents Championships requirements for future “Super Slams” and someone ultimately achieves it, then he or she will be heralded as “the first skater to achieve the Super Slam since the European Junior Championships and Junior Four Continents Championships became requirements.

As @ Hydroblade has suggested, Yuzu will retain the “Super Slam” title and his position in history as the first male skater to achieve the “Super Slam” as historical records, if they change the rules for achieving the “Super Slam”.

57 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

You tell me. it's definitely a recognized achievement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_(figure_skating)

First sentence of the Wikipedia: " is a term sometimes used by figure skating analysts " --> aka not a formal title, which means no one can take it away from Yuzu in any formal sense. It's different from the ISU awarding a medal or keeping records of high scores. 

In other words, he'll always be a Super Slam winner.

3 hours ago, hananistellata said:

It seems that Yuzu could actually gain a Cantilever with a little bit of practise. Having seen his Besti squats, it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal for him to get one. :think:

Reveal hidden contents

Although I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Cantilevers. I think they are a bit ugly actually, still extremely impressive for someone to do though.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Tbh, I suspect that the reason he hasn't bothered is because it's not much of a challenge to him

It's also Shoma's signature move, and Yuzu likes to do new things that others have not done, so the cantilever is probably not as interesting to him. I'm sure he can learn to do it if he wants to. 

10 hours ago, hananistellata said:

So I have a question.

I was reading the glossary that we have on here and came across the term super slam. Of course I know what a super slam is but in the glossary it was also mentioned that Plushenko and Yagudin didn't get to achieve their own super slam because the Junior Grand Prix championships didn't exist at the time. 

@rockstaryuzu First of all: The International Olympic Committee and the International Skating Union both used the term "Super Slam", when reporting about Yuzu's victory at 4CC last year, so it is definitely an official term now. Wikipedia is not up-to-date there. I will suggest to change this information, as it is misleading.

Yagudin and Plushenko are still both referred to as career "Golden Slam" winners, having won all available international senior titles (Olympics, Worlds, Euros and GPF). So these titles won't disappear. Technically, Yuzu is not only a career Super Slam winner, but also a career "Golden Slam" and career "Grand Slam" (Worlds, 4CC and GPF) winner and also listed as such. 

Maybe they will call it a career "Hyper Slam", "Giga Slam" or "Ultra Slam", if someone wins all seven senior and junior titles in the future (with junior Euros/4CC), and a career "Total Slam", if the skater wins the Youth Olympics as well, but the Super Slam will stay as it is.

Footnote: With one more 4CC title, Yuzu would become the first and only skater in history across all disciplines to win the career Golden Slam twice (2 Olympics, 2 Worlds, 2 4CC and 2 GPF). No other skater has achieved this feat before.

It would be such a flex, if Yuzu went to 4CC instead of Beijing this season, landed the 4A there and completed the double Golden Slam :smiley-laughing021::xD:

3 hours ago, IceWings said:

It's also Shoma's signature move, and Yuzu likes to do new things that others have not done, so the cantilever is probably not as interesting to him. I'm sure he can learn to do it if he wants to. 

He can do it just fine, but the one time he volunteered to perform the cantilever, he got shot down LOL

I don't like Yuzu doing the cantilever, not because he can't do it, but because he is such a long boy, when he bents, it just looks kind of weird LOL (Shoma and Sasha's version of the cantilever just looks better cos they are not as long)

Actually, Yuzu already has his own, adjusted version of the traditional cantilever, which I think looks much more aesthetically pleasing :)