General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

It's been solved? I've found this.

https://www.uscannenbergmedia.com/2019/10/30/the-inside-edge-yuzuru-hanyu-is-the-greatest-figure-skater-of-all-time/

ETA: I've realised that the above article does not state that Yuzu is the first male skater to dominate the ranking in 5 consecutive seasons.

We added everything now:

1. All five lists of ISU world standings that confirm Yuzu being no. 1

2. The Inside Edge article you linked above for mentioning the five consecutive titles as a career achievement

3. and the Taiwanese article that also confirms Yuzu to be the first male single skater to accomplish this feat.

If this is not enough, I don't know what is. They have been scrutinizing the achievement page for almost a month now. I earnestly wonder, how picky they are with other nominated articles. I had the impression that many got the pass for featured status pretty fast. Whatever, that's how it is.

Personally, I'm a bit sceptical regarding Wikipedia's sourcing policy. They say that in encyclopedias "reliable secondary sources" are preferred over primary sources, but who decides, if a source counts as "reliable"? We made our experiences with the Olympic Channel and the ISU news feed, who both should be 100% reliable sources for figure skating, and what can we say... the blatant propaganda game they are playing even scratches the code of ethics, which is inexcusable for a sports governing body. If it's up to FS journalism to decide what is noteworthy enough to be included on Wikipedia, we can bury those articles right away.

16 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

How each would react to a leftover donut. 

Ori-chan calls for his younger brother Haru-chan, so sweet.

Spiky-kun gleefully enjoys it with his coffee. 

Oto-chan shares with TenChi-kun and their little friends. 

Meanwhile Haru-chan trades a CD in place of the donut and sneaks away :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Tag yourself! I'm Pooh-san taking part of donut when no one is looking.:68468287:

17 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Sof-san capture toujours très bien la beauté de Yuzu. 

4CC Chopin est un chef-d'œuvre :201111231756430f6: 

MAGNIFIQUE and AMAZING and sooooooo BEAUTIFUL et surtout le 1er ( c'est quoi en fait ? ) qui fait HYPER bien ressortir la beauté de Yuzu :girlsigh:  :agree::softYuzu:and also ALL are a chef d'oeuvre , mais OK avec toi pour ce 4CC :tumblr_meh7eaW0cM1qdlkyg:  ( dit moi si je me suis trompée en Anglais ) 

2 時間前, Anniさんが言いました:

So beautiful :heartpound:

[NEWS]

🙏🙏

Not so serious but I found some mis-translation. 

昨年12月27日の信濃毎日新聞は、一面にカラーで羽生結弦の写真を掲載した。写真にかぶせて赤い文字で、大きくこう書いた。

「羽生 別格」

白抜きで、試合についても書いた。抜粋して引用する。

"On December 27th last year, the Shinano Mainichi Shimbun posted a color photo of Yuzuru Hanyu on the front page. Over the photo, the newspaper wrote in large red letters.

"Hanyu: Exceptional"

It also wrote about the competition in white letters. The following is an excerpt from the article."

(Note:  Shinano is the old name of Nagano area)

I just wanted to underline the word 別格 (bekkaku) as "exceptional", not simply "special", and this was not said by Utsunomiya-san. 

Sorry for nitpicking :smiley-scared005:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Another research question (but it's not urgent):

1. Do you know sources that confirm Tadashi Nagashima as costume designer of Parisienne Walkways and Ballade No. 1?

I found this video, but I don't know what broadcast that was (channel, date, title etc.)

If you know a written source like a news article, that would be even better.

2. Was Ballade 4.0 an upgrade by Satomi based on Nagashima's design? Source?

Sorry for all these questions :13877886: 

Update: I removed the plans for the page re-structuring, as it's better not to "promote" what we do there. It should still have an encyclopedic approach of neutrality in the first place, so I will only share Wiki updates from now on that are really relevant.